Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3 gone Gold - August 3rd expected

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

"8...The sound engine is entirely CPU dependant. Therefore a crappy soundcard works flawlessly. Not to worry, the enfine only uses a "small percentage of cycles, much less than if the engine relied on a soundcard."

But to get 24bit sound you need a 24bit soundcard obviously..
    Also, a proper sound engine would on a real soundcard would lower CPU utilisation, not increase it!

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You could probably set it to work with good sound hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you should go over to ID headquarters and show them how to program a game, bunch of noobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

I don't even meet the low end specs! :( Reading review now.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

GVE US A FREAKIN RELEASE DATE!!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

On anandtech forums earlier today I read it was August 3rd 2004. Not arsed searching for the exact link now, should be easy enough to find if you're interested! [Was in thread about a guy wondering would his 9700pro run it, there, search is even easier! :D)

Ill see what i can turn up on google :)
    *strokes computer*
    Patience my pet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

That review was pretty awful(perfect for moments when you want to shout "LETS ROCKKKKKKKK" :rolleyes: ) but hes probably spot on about the atmosphere and stuff-should be a good 'un.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Looks like its gone gold!

http://www.webdog.org/plans/6/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yeah its comming out on both dvd and cd versions, so i guess the end of 4 disc sets might be at hand for the moment...until they make games larger than 8/9gigs i spose...................

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Doom 3 not pc friendly i can run it on low maybe mid spec jezus at this rate my pc will be out dated in a year and i only got in nov 2003 hmmm:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

\o/
    yaey!!!

/me sexes random people up

i'll be placing my play.com order next week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by The Real B-man
    Doom 3 not pc friendly i can run it on low maybe mid spec jezus at this rate my pc will be out dated in a year and i only got in nov 2003 hmmm:mad:

hrmmmm well hopefully i should be able to run it at everything but its 'ultra high' setting.....
    have a 6800ultra on order, tho u need a 512meg gfx card and at least 2gigs of ram for the ultra so they say...

*falls of chair in orgasmic spasm*
    gonegoldgonegoldgonegoldgonegoldgonegoldgone
    gonegoldgonegoldgonegoldgonegoldgold
    gonegoldgonegold!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Oh good lord above the game is finished!

some beast of a pc though at least i make the mid range grade

To use the ultra settings, you need a 512mb grahics card! Thats insane, at least this game will still suprise us in a year or 2 time. I can see this engine being used for games for a long time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well my pc will run screaming if i came near it with a Doom3 disc by the looks of it. No harm. hope it just leaves all my p*rn before it goes.

wonder what the xbox version will be like....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

As the thread title says, tis gone gold

Linky here

(sorry if this was posted already but i didnt see a thread, was surprised).

i should be able to get 50-60 fps on med quility nice one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

:eek:

O hell yea!!!! ''The UK will probably get it first, on or about August 6th.''

Gamecon Pwnage BK :D:D:D

CC

Thats a 1.5, 2.4 P4 which means AMD users have a little more leeway with a lower clock speed. Im sure that will please some.

I should get near ultra settings on this machine but it seems my 128mb gfx card is gonna feel the pain. /me shakes fist at 9700pro :p

Looking forward to it immsensely now :)

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Thats a 1.5, 2.4 P4 which means AMD users have a little more leeway with a lower clock speed. Im sure that will please some.

I should get near ultra settings on this machine but it seems my 128mb gfx card is gonna feel the pain. /me shakes fist at 9700pro :p

Looking forward to it immsensely now :)

theyre quite old benchmarks, may 2003 so i wouldnt pay too much attention to them. To get ultra youll need a 512mb card!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

so

HALF LIFE 2 ATI Wins

Doom 3 Nvidia wins

Cest la Vie i suppose, still looking forward to it though

Shin

Hope so. Looking at the bloody specs even this beast of a machine wont run it at full. That id dint totally expect. (well in only missin a 512mb gfx card and another gig of ram, clock cyces i got to spare...probably :p )

Man i didnt care before but man am i lookign forward tot hsi now. :D

(yer gamecon pwnage ..just, where to pre-order tho :p )

/me runs off to order my copy from play.com

44 euro well spent

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

erm it won't be out on august 3rd as that's a tuesday.

it's noramally fridays they are release on

May 2003,? Didnt realise that (i saw the recent specs of 1.2 - 2.4).

Still man o man am i excited now (aint been this excited since Tiberian Sun came out :p )

august 13th for europe. august 3rd for some selected retailers in the states.

The 5th or 6th for general release in the states.

• Advertisement

Iv ordered mine from play.com just now as i understand it play.com sends out the preordered games a bit before the released data so you get it before or around the general release data is that true ?

Advertisement