Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do good guys finish last??

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

nice guys for example will always be the first to text/ring. it's sometimes better to be a bit of a bastard and not ring/text her for about a day or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I really can’t say if any of the self-espoused nice guys in this thread are actually nice, but I can say that they’re certainly the greatest collection of whinging pussies I’ve come across in a good long while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    I really can’t say if any of the self-espoused nice guys in this thread are actually nice

I was thinking that myself. Is all the nice guy crap just an excuse to cover up actually being a boring person, or someone who doesn't take any notice of their partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭isolde

It's all relative if you ask me. In the short-term, yea, good guys probably do finish last. There's something about someone who gives off very confident vibes that is extremely sexy, in my opinion. I hate to say that I'm attracted to "bad boys" but, for purely sexual reasons, I am. However, it's the "nice guys" that I end up having relationships with, because they're genuine, trustworthy, after more than just a one-night-stand and.. eh.. nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

If the nice guy thing ain't working for you try something else. Be a bastard if it works. If thats what the ladies want give it to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Or stay yourself and let those women realise they're wrong.

Originally posted by Sarky
    Or stay yourself and let those women realise they're wrong.

Could work.

Also Car's and money never hurt your chances either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Originally posted by wes

Also Car's and money never hurt your chances either.

yea if u want to end up with some shallow bimbo.....then u really would be finishing last.

Originally posted by peachypants
    yea if u want to end up with some shallow bimbo.....then u really would be finishing last.

Now i think most guys would know that and would be away before ending up with aforementione shallow Bimbo for an extended period of time.

Anyway i was mostly being tongue in cheek about the whole thing. I probably should have used a smiley face or something :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I really can’t say if any of the self-espoused nice guys in this thread are actually nice, but I can say that they’re certainly the greatest collection of whinging pussies I’ve come across in a good long while.

HISTORICAL MOMENT

For the first time ever on boards, I agree with Corinthian.

You'll have to go and wield your penis and oppress someone soon or I wont know what to do with myself.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Minesajackdaniels
    HISTORICAL MOMENT

For the first time ever on boards, I agree with Corinthian.

You'll have to go and wield your penis and oppress someone soon or I wont know what to do with myself.
    I think you're confusing me with someone that is actually interested in your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I think you're confusing me with someone that is actually interested in your opinion.

You can't say that, she's a girl on the intraweb. Seriously Corinthian does any one opinion on here interest you in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It all comes back to cavemen.

Women (initially) are excited by males who can lie to get into their pants so, if she gets pregnant, then the woman's sons will be more effective at getting sex too and the woman's genes will live on.

Put some punch into your spiel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

vorbis wrote:
    I don't think women want nice guys. They're more interested in guys who exude confidence. Such guys realise this and thus can act like a bastard since it doesn't matter. Morale of the story, theres no value to be gained (in either business, love etc.) from being a nice guy.

Your spot on there mate as ive found out myself :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭TheIceMaker

I wish I could find a nice guy
    All the guys I get are the same, only interested in sex, treat me so well, and because I'm not a slapper, I woludnt sleep with em, they make me feel like im about 2 inches tall.
    I just wish I could find someone genuinely nice. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

in same boat as TheIceMaker!!

im not asking for much...or am i? but surely there is a nice decent genuine guy out there for me..i know im fussy/have high standards but isnt there someone out there for all of us? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭CaptainPeacock

It's not that you haven't found someone, you just haven't learned to stop looking and live with it. Living with your mother and talking or meeting no-one outside of your immediate family is normal. If you expect anything more it's because you're watching too much TV. That's not life. Now close this thread, somebody, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

if that advise is directed at me CaptainPeacock dont worry i have stopped looking and learning to live with it..im meant to be a spinster i believe(even tho im in my late teens.. :D ).
    ya suppose i watch alot of tv alryt..according to you its leading me into false pretences of life...btr stop watching it so then! :confused: lol
    great il be a spinster without a tv.. :D what a life ay..suppose i join the nuns or something..hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Nice guys and girls are out there, they just hang around with nice people! So just concentrate on getting to know a nicer type of person!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Memmoch hit the problem straight on waaaaaay back on page 1.

i use to be (and still am in parts) like the pathetic loser he describes but thankfully six years of torment and depression got me on track, i'm still single but i aint depressed i just try to have a good time and enjoy life and despite being single, alot of the girls i *whinged* over are now close friends, but the idea of a relationship is very much a distant star of nieve hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

I often thought that nice girls and guys aren't so successful at the dating game, because they're not willing to go the extra step to make themselves seem interesting. They're not going to lie to a potential partner out of respect and will often not approach someone in a public place for fear of being labelled a total stalker. It just takes confidence and once someone does get to know you as a nice person, a relationship will blossom. Trust me on this one, I've been there. A girl I knew only went with total scumbags, then complained when they treated her badly. The first decent guy she went out with wasn't until into her twenties and she's still with him.

Living with your mother and talking or meeting no-one outside of your immediate family is normal.
    Only for individuals who are eventually found to have buried two dozen bodies under their patio.

Only for individuals who are eventually found to have buried two dozen bodies under their patio.
    You see what I mean about watching too much TV? Loners tend to be murderers (or murderers turn out to be loners) on TV so that must be the case in real life? It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You see what I mean about watching too much TV? Loners tend to be murderers (or murderers turn out to be loners) on TV so that must be the case in real life? It's not.

The fact that you just got owned hasn't caught up with you yet has it?

Fast_Mover wrote:
    if that advise is directed at me CaptainPeacock dont worry i have stopped looking and learning to live with it..im meant to be a spinster i believe(even tho im in my late teens.. :D ).
    ya suppose i watch alot of tv alryt..according to you its leading me into false pretences of life...btr stop watching it so then! :confused: lol
    great il be a spinster without a tv.. :D what a life ay..suppose i join the nuns or something..hehe
    Oh, God! Advice only benefits the adviser, so don't take my advice too seriously. I don't want you to end up like me.

Anyways, back on topic...

Most "nice guys" who bitch about how they can't get women aren't nice. They just don't want to come to terms with the fact that they are either:

a) unattractive and don't know how to remedy it
    b) haven't figured out how to pull women. It really isn't hard tbh.
    c) are desperate or something.
    d) muppets.

or occasionally

e) actual nice guys who for some reason are attracted to women who don't want them. The fact that they are nice has little to do with this. It's just handy for them to blame something other than their taste in women.

The term "nice guy" being applied to someone very rarely means that someone is nice. There are plenty happy confident men beign suffocated by a sea of women, who are nice. They just wouldn't be described as "nice guys".

nesf wrote:
    The fact that you just got owned hasn't caught up with you yet has it?
    Where did I "get owned?" Surely not the stupid patio gag. I don't post here to "own" anyone and if that's what others are doing then they need to get out even more than me.

You're coming across as a spa, by the way.

:)

Your opinion matters to me. Really it does. I hope you're happy now. I'm crying and my mascara is running.

*sniffs*

Bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

nesf wrote:
    mascara

I KNEW it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Consider this a second warning CaptainPeacock.
    Personal insults will not be tolerated, (this is not the cs board).
    Again I urge you READ the charter,
    HAVe a nice day, ( not nice days are when I have to ban you)
    Thaed

Nesf behave dont encourage him or you will get a warning to,
    and god damn it invest in some decent water proof mascara.

Advertisement