Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do good guys finish last??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

ach im tired leave me alone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by Typedef
    once the chick gets over the whole... "he's doesn't have a (1)motorcycle or a (2)tatoo" thing and stops thinking of him as boring, she realises that this guy is just another life support system for a cock, but, this one treats her well.

1 out of 2 is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

fs man i thought you were a freaking girl with that nick and avatar.

you're clearly not quite all man as you'd like to think..... maybe thats the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Man, my advice is simple. Nice guys finish last? who gives a ****, are you in a race or something? i feel for you though, but seriously, will getting a woman complete you?. i personally gave up giving a **** years back, i was the same as yourself when i was 16, now i'm nearly 21 and i REALLY couldn't give a ****.. oh and as for the saying "Don't look and you'll find" regarding relationships - Newsflash - It's bull****!, when you lose your car keys and stop looking for them does someone come up to you and say, hey, how bout a set of car keys "Baby"?, no, you only get back what you seek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

lol @ laguna...

yea..i know what your saying buddy.....all the advice given here is too much to take in at once...ill just have some of it in the back of my mind..

i know i sound fairly desperate...just a lil fed up of being tossed to the side....
    i think its about time i gave myself a kick up da ass, fook being nice all the time...lol

ah..i thought id grow out of this s h i t e by now

ill have to see how things go.....thanx grape x and to all the positive posters!!..cheers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Seraphina
    fs man i thought you were a freaking girl with that nick and avatar.

you're clearly not quite all man as you'd like to think..... maybe thats the problem?

Haha, I was thinking of saying something along these lines, but I thought it would put the chap down a bit too much.

I'll reiterate my original point, as it got lost in the sands of moderator previews:

http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/niceguys/ng.shtml

No man, you miss the point, don't give yourself the kick up the ass. if you're a nice guy, so be it man, that's the way the cookie crumbles, don't become a ****er just to get some woman. It worked up until now for you so my advice is **** it, do you really want someone who wants a bastard for a boyfriend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

*Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh*

thats the sound of the advice going over his head.

if your gonna act then your just gonna be in the same boat. dont you learn anything.
    Stop being so ****ing desperate and just ****ing enjoy what does happen.

cant win em all.

naw...

i what i mean is......maybe not be so much thinking about how other people are feeling etc... and just get on with things....it makes sense in my head..lol

im still going to be nice...dont get me wrong...i was born with it.....but as grape said...
    be in teh middle ground....illt ry and aim for that....thanx anyway buddy ;)

doodee...

im not acting by stopping something i might usually do..theres a difference

• Advertisement

Nice one - Hey do what i do in situations like this

Come out with a random proverb

- - - - - - - - - - -

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

- - - - - - - - - - -

That sounds a bit sexual to me? no?

anything going your way at the mo lag?

With respect to what man? (weather?/fish? - ho ho) girls? if you mean girls, no, nothing, i don't ask girls out, i ignore flirty body language signals, i'm not really interested y'know? but man i have to ask ya, how old are ya? if you're 18-19 don't... give...a...**** about anything...if you're older, you're older than me so i can't help ya

uh...20...lol

but you wouldnt think it......its kewl though...what your saying does apply to me....
    ahh...too much going on with me right now........is all bollix..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭jerenaugrim

Losers finish last.
    Nice guys are not necessarily losers.
    Therefore, the question is meaningless.:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well.. obviously nice guys are losers, they finish last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

It's from our caveman days.

The agressive, bastard-type male was a good hunter and quite dominant. He was a good provider so his mates children were more likely to survive with him around.

Therefore women are programmed to like this kind of male.

A few years ago I was a really "nice guy". Then (it's a long story) I became a bit more... bastardy/confident. Womens opinon of me changed dramatically. While they thought I was a bit of a cúnt sometimes, they suddenly found me way more sexually attractive.

It's sad. On so many levels.
    Originally posted by Teddi
    hey...

well...why do they??..lol...

i am one of those good guys.......im genuine....treat women properly..(like princesses)....im good looking (not big-headed..been told by people).....

and through chain of events i always end last..lol....with girl etc.....

any other guys have this happen to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Originally posted by Memnoch
    Nice guys...

1) they treat women like how they think women want to be treated
    2) They do this in the hope of getting a girlfriend
    3) They tend to be desperate, most women see this a mile away
    4) Act like what they think women want a guy to act like. these ideas tend to be gained from novels, books, mags whatever.
    5) Will never admit it but their infatuations fly around wildly from one girl to the next
    6) Aren't really "nice" just try to be...
    7) Lack self-confidence and are very insecure
    8) try to act "romantic"

if you really want to get a girl and happen to fall into this "Nice guy" category... here is my advice that will help you succeed 300%

1) Quit being "nice" just be yourself. and quit being "romantic" too.
    2) Do you own thing. Hobbies, you must have them? Hang out with your friends, go to do stuff, whatever.
    3) If you are "friends" with a girl try to do so without the idea of hoping to get with them at some later stage. Be friends for the sake of the friendship not the sake of the relationship that hasn't happened yet.
    4) Stop looking, seriously.
    5) Stop looking
    6) Stop pouring your "affections" and "niceness" onto a girl. it tends to freak em out and 99% of the time you come on too strong... no most girls don't think its sweet, they think its creepy.
    7) Enjoy your life the way it is, it will build your confidence.

conclusion? Yes this is cheesy and corny and sooo horribly cliche'd but its also true.

You won't get a girl till you stop looking. It seems like there is no one for you out there and that you will never get a girl, but this is not true. In time you WILL realise that all you're friends who said you will find someone eventually were right.

Signed
    Former "nice" guy tm

God, I am sorry to admit this, but you are soooooo right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

If anyone has the link to The Ladder Theory it'd be so fitting right now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Of course the corollary to the ladder theory is, if the only time you ever try to talk to women is so you can sleep with them, you'll not have any female friends, and thus will have less exposure to females in general, ergo, less chance of meeting more women and the potential to sleep with them.

So you know, go along to the girls parties... talk about boyzone, shopping, nail polish, baby names et al, all with the intention of secretly bedding one or many of the females at said party.

They'd never see through the ruse!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

need a nice equilibrium then don't we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    I'm afraid you have a lot to learn vorbis
    No. He has a little bit more to learn, but he's on the right track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Has anyone made the quip about nice guys having more stamina yet? Can I?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

no... thats ugly guys (or the non lookers)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

plain and simple, they finish last because to be honest some girls just find them boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

its not just the nice guys that finish last!! what about the girls??
    majority of guys would rather go for a good-looking girl whose a complete and utter b1tch over an average looking genuine girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

majority of guys would rather go for a good-looking girl whose a complete and utter b1tch over an average looking genuine girl.

:confused:

welll... maybe if she was reallly good-looking and it was just sex

but never give a complete and utter b1tch the time of day otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by peachypants
    its not just the nice guys that finish last!! what about the girls??
    So, how you doin' [/Joey voice]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    It's from our caveman days.

The agressive, bastard-type male was a good hunter and quite dominant. He was a good provider so his mates children were more likely to survive with him around.

Therefore women are programmed to like this kind of male.

A few years ago I was a really "nice guy". Then (it's a long story) I became a bit more... bastardy/confident. Womens opinon of me changed dramatically. While they thought I was a bit of a cúnt sometimes, they suddenly found me way more sexually attractive.

It's sad. On so many levels.

As the late great Bill Hicks said Chicks Dig Jerks

Advertisement