Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knackers..... again!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Originally posted by User45701
    that takes up to much space, how about feed them bread and water and they EARN there water and bread by working - they can build our roads and mabe tidy up after our late nite drinkin sessions - you all know the state town is in at 5is am

Can you imagine the state of the roads if we had pikey tarmac crews laying our roads. Lucky to get 10mm thick of tarmac in spots. The place would be like Craggy Island, we could take the roads in at night, just roll them up and put them away.

And to all the liberal nay sayers that are defending the "travelling community" here (although there aren't that many of you) might I remind you that the government's Citizen Traveller campaign, aimed at educating and improving tolerance between the settled and the carpet selling was abandoned.
    Why? Because it was found to be too one sided, villifying us for saying boo to them but not getting any buy-in at all from Tayto and Ossie.

Statistical highlights from Prison Service Annual Report 2002
    (http://www.irishprisons.ie/stats.asp)

Prison Service Budget (year 2002):299m;
    Staff (at December 2002):3,319;
    Number of prisons/places of detention:16;
    Daily average number of persons in custody (year 2001):3,112;
    Rate of imprisonment per 100,000 population:86;
    Average cost of keeping an offender in custody (2002):84,750

5,160 were committed under sentence;

67% were in respect of persons aged between 21 and 40 years of age;
    Persons aged 40 and over accounted for 17% of the total committals under sentence;
    Persons aged under 21 accounted for 16% of committals under sentence, down from 1,226 in 2001 to 823 in 2002, a reduction of 33% for this age group on the 2001 figure;
    21% of the persons committed to prison were foreign nationals from a total of more than 105 different States.

Age groups classified by sentence length - all offenders
    All Offenders <3M 3 to <6M 6 to< 12M 1 to <2Y 2 to <3Y 3 to <5Y 5 to <10Y >10Y + Life Total
    15 to <17 2 6 6 4 7 1 0 0 0 26
    17 to <21 210 172 187 143 43 31 9 1 1 797
    21 to <25 352 206 280 133 52 71 34 3 2 1133
    25 to <30 382 198 191 90 48 50 51 1 3 1014
    30 to <40 512 215 241 92 45 54 42 6 4 1211
    40 to <50 291 71 86 26 15 16 11 4 0 520
    50 PLUS 160 55 38 26 11 18 21 3 3 335
    TOTAL 1909 923 1029 514 221 241 168 18 13 5036

---- End of Official Report. ---

1 - Clear difference between capital crimes (murder, rape, armed robbery, etc) and social crimes (breaches of peace, assault, vandalism, minor theft).
    2 - Currently, social crimes take up to and beyond 2 years to be processed by the courts.
    3 - This thread deals specifically with the "skanger/knacker" social crimes.
    4 - Punishments for already defined crimes take up to 2 years and as proven by the stats above only gain the mildest of sentences if a custodial sentence is applied at all (i.e. less that 1 year)
    5 - The application of punishments for social crimes only applies to the more serious of breaches. And thus not include the aspects of "skangerism" that is inflicted on our lives on an almost daily basis. (i.e. social illness)
    6 - The vast majority of irish citizens come into contact with behaviour which is socially unacceptable, intimadating, and threatening from the skanger minority. The state exists to protect its citizens, the current social system is failing and hence, more "constructive" means must be brought to play to "protect" these poor "skangers" from themselves. <nod and applause>
    7 - The threat from "skangers" is increasing each year, and therefore to protect your childrens right to free and safe lifestyles, this threat must be curbed now.
    8 - The application of punishments to completely curb this desire to commit crime, and yet to give something back to society of a "monetary" nature.

The following are a number of "final solutions" proposed by myself and my following. This is not a draft bill, or a bible, but merely suggestions to the "ruling" caste.

The punishments and guidelines for courts will be published on a yearly basis by a new Department called the "Ministry of Peace and Harmony".

1) Create a new court system to deal exclusively with social crimes, with a clear split between youth (under 15) and adult offenders (15 and over).
    1b) This court system would NOT be based on precedence. Each "skanger" would be dealt with individually.
    1c) This courts mandate would be to deal with crimes in the most efficient way possible.
    1d) Judges would be taken from the existing Gardai forces, rather than current Judicial system.
    1e) This court would no longer allow "social crimes" to escape with light sentences. "Skanger" mentalities will not be tolerated.
    1f) This court system would have independent powers to judge and apply new forms of "financial punishments" as needed to curb this growing threat.
    1h) Foreign Nationals (Non-EU Citizens) acting as "Skangers" will be treated the same way as domestic "Skangers".
    Note: All monies generated from these courts would be directed solely for the improvement of the States Infrastructure (i.e. Roads, Rail, Bomb shelters, Missile Silo's). Social Services would not receive a cent. After serving their sentence and paying back to the country, the foreign skanger will be 'removed'.

2) Effective Punishments.
    2a) Youth offenders parents, will be financially punished for repeated offenses. starting at 10% of family monthly income. (Note: This includes any social welfare income). Fines may be paid in chickens, ponies, or caravans. Inbred sisters are not accepted.
    2b) During the period, the "Skanger" is waiting for the court day, they will be obliged to wear a personal tracking bracelet. Removal of bracelet without permission will add a fine determined by the court.
    2c) The "Skanger", when convicted will be subject to an 8:30 curfew during weekdays, and a 9:00 curfew during weekends. Offenders of this rule, will be shot.
    2d) If the tracking device indicates that two non-related "skangers" are within 50 metres of each other, They'll loose a leg when the braclet explodes.
    2e) Dependent on the crime, "Skangers" will have to work for no less that 1000 hours for the benefit of the state. i.e. repairing current infrastructure (roads, bridges, public toilets). This work may also include removal of their cousins.
    2f) Repeated offenders (3 offenses) will be promoted to the Capital Crime Category, and will undergo 're-education' in the new offshore army camp.
    2g) Offenders will lose voting priviliges for 5 years.
    2h) Offenders and their families will be named and shamed in the media.
    2i) Parents who are unable to control their children, will have them removed and 'reeducated' by the state (specifically the new 'Information Ministry'.)

3) Examples of these "Social" Crimes.
    3a) Spitting, pissing or throwing of any form of liquid at people passing by.
    3b) Random acts of assault, including bar fights, muggings, or just jumping people for its own sake.
    3c) Breaches of the Peace, including extreme verbal abuse.
    3d) Vandalism of any private or public property. Offenders will be oblidged to pay for the full repair of said property, in addition to the courts decisions.
    3e) Any form of minor theft, including shop lifting, and "that which fell off the back of a lorry". "Borrowing" without the owners knowledge is still theft. Economic status does not excuse this act.
    3f) Littering, and the burning of rubbish on land (and rivers, streams, canals etc) not owned by the offender, is considered a "Social" Crime, and will be dealt as such. Acts on State land is considered twice as bad.
    3g) Occupying areas that they have no legal right to. i.e. Caravans holed up for more than two days, without permission from the property owner will be removed. (Roads are included ) Offenders will be fined one caravan for each offence.
    3h) Loitering on streets, outside shops, petrol stations by "Skangers", will not be tolerated Such loitering will be broken up with stun rods. Community/detention areas will be alocated for these people to loiter outside of public viewing.

All "Skangers/Knackers" regardless of whether committing any crime will be forced to learn to speak English properly. Failure to lose "skanger/knacker" accents will cause an immediate trip to the electric chair.

NOTE. Before anyone gets all moral on my ass, this is a joke. Its not a personal blueprint for the re-emergence of the Fourth Reich in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by rymus
    Y'know what this means.. As the theories of knacker/refugee hybrid children have been aired and the outcome proven to be disasterous, it is our mission as members of society to keep these two groups from ever coming close enough to risk reproducing. The task is a demanding one, I propose that this electric fence be constructed post-haste to divide the two groups indefinately.

We're through the looking glass here people.. breeding licenses aren't just a pipedream anymore. If decent society is to be restored the breedling license plan must be put into full effect.

/me contacts his local TD

But fences can be circumvented we can’t take the risk rymus we just cant it's the world at stake here so i say we go more extreme we kill em all ! A small amount of deadly toxins in each and every Argos Sovereign ring and loop ear rings will deal with the Knacks the refugees can be dealt with by a small explosive in their dole package.

Can be done rymus...but its time to act now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Yes by God YES! We need to infiltrate the Elizabeth Duke counter at each and every Argos branch in the country. Now to find a black ball point pen to fill out their job application form. It's all coming together nicely.

Someone contact the social welfare people regarding the insertion of explosives in select 20 euro notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Social welfare is in .....Apparently while where wiping out the refugees and Knackers the SW is pretty eager to get ride of old people something about a "unneeded waste of government money and resources" So we need to insert bombs in the dole of hundreds of thousands of people....It will be the biggest bang since the world orgy record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

NOTE. Before anyone gets all moral on my ass, this is a joke. Its not a personal blueprint for the re-emergence of the Fourth Reich in Ireland.

Is it okay if I adopt it as my personal blueprint? Honestly, there's very little in there I'd disagree with, barring the exploding ankle bracelets because it'd destroy public property, put the public at risk and demolish every prison in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

Originally posted by Sleepy
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Castration is the only way to go...

i think we should contemplate a scumbag olympics, if we contain them for the purpose of our own amusement theres no stopping the fun.

how do you castrate a scumbag??

kick his sister in the jaw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Take a look at yourself middle-class Ireland! When was the last time you went hungry? Did you ever have to beg on the streets? How many opportunities actually exist for people from those backgrounds in Ireland today - would you give them a job?

If you were allowed run this country we could form our own type of apratheid. Ever consider a bit of social inclusion? Maybe that could be an answer - invite these people to you home? Give them jobs - treat them equally! Rymus points the abuse-stick towards refugees - that's lovely - have you any idea where these people have been running away from? Go check out the Amnest International website - might open up your eyes.

This thread is a disgrace, morally reprehensible. Its very easy to sit at your computer and spout abuse at people who have no means to answer.

Originally posted by davidwwalsh
    Take a look at yourself middle-class Ireland! When was the last time you went hungry? Did you ever have to beg on the streets? How many opportunities actually exist for people from those backgrounds in Ireland today - would you give them a job?

If you were allowed run this country we could form our own type of apratheid. Ever consider a bit of social inclusion? Maybe that could be an answer - invite these people to you home? Give them jobs - treat them equally! Rymus points the abuse-stick towards refugees - that's lovely - have you any idea where these people have been running away from? Go check out the Amnest International website - might open up your eyes.

This thread is a disgrace, morally reprehensible. Its very easy to sit at your computer and spout abuse at people who have no means to answer.

power off!

perhaps there exists a parallel universe where the tables are turned and the middle class are the bain of the scumbag majority.

When was the last time you went hungry?

Well, i just had lunch, so 30 minutes ago?

Yes it is. :rolleyes: So let them stop being Skangers, get a job, and maybe then they could afford to learn/use a computer to reply to this thread. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by catsup
    power off!

perhaps there exists a parallel universe where the tables are turned and the middle class are the bain of the scumbag majority.

In that case there would not be any middle class or any other features of civilisation and everyone would be living in caves or up trees.

Caravans, Hiace vans, dodgy carpets, tasteless jewellery all have to be manufactured somewhere. They simply would not exist in a "scumbag majority" society.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So where did we say that scumbags were beggars? Must've missed that. Scumbag/skanger is a state of mind, an attitude.
    Would I give them the job? If they had the relevant skills and work attitude - of course. If they're coming in with a "fook ya bud" attitude, then they can go back out the door again. Manners and respect? They're free.

Give them jobs - treat them equally! Rymus points the abuse-stick towards refugees - that's lovely - have you any idea where these people have been running away from? Go check out the Amnest International website - might open up your eyes.
    We're not talking about refugees - we're talking about scumbags. Stay on topic please before you rant from your lefty pulpit.

davidwwalsh - If this was posted on the Politics board, I'd probably agree, but it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by ixoy
    We're not talking about refugees - we're talking about scumbags. Stay on topic please before you rant from your lefty pulpit. [/B]

Why don't you look back a page or two and check out the cross breeding of knackers and refugees post to which there were several replies?

And i think it is easy for a middle class person to say that
    "Scumbag/skanger is a state of mind, an attitude." I'd say its more a state of economic exclusion - of not being handed life on a plate like most people posting here (including myself).
    Having said all that Ixoy - its nice to hear you say you would give a job to a "knacker" - i doubt most people would even give them an interview. The relevant skills would probably include leaving cert and or a degree, which 99% of them wouldn't have for various socio-economic reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

lah blah blah beveryone is too PC these days, kill them all and let god decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Just had a scary thought, can you imagine if one of those Romania gypsie lads with the gold teeth managed to mate with a filty hoopy earring wearing knacker.

It would be the uber-skanger.

Or vice - versa, padjo gets one of them Romanian gypsies with the big skirts and huge hoops up the proverbial.

welcome to a world of hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Why don't you look back a page or two and check out the cross breeding of knackers and refugees post to which there were several replies?

"Scumbag/skanger is a state of mind, an attitude." I'd say its more a state of economic exclusion - of not being handed life on a plate like most people posting here (including myself).
    Having said all that Ixoy - its nice to hear you say you would give a job to a "knacker" - i doubt most people would even give them an interview. The relevant skills would probably include leaving cert and or a degree, which 99% of them wouldn't have for various socio-economic reasons.

Yea, yea whatever...
    Sknagers, knackers, refugees, scumbags - they're all poor. They don't deserve a chance. Personally I've no respect for anybody poorer than me, I mean why should I? They're a lower class, they are below me on the social ladder. Kill 'em all, who cares? What the point of the ladder, if not to show you who to respect and who to walk over? And if the refugees, if there so bad off - how come they got out of their countries??? answer that! They are blaggards over here to beg, and take our jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Two knackers (travellers) recently came into the shop where I work and stole e100 worth of stuff including cigarettes and phone credit. One of them ran out of the shop and got into his car (I say "his" car) which was parked RIGHT outside the front door, and patiently waited for the other to do the exact same 2-3 minutes later. The sheer arrogance and disdain these people show towards any sort of 'law' or 'morality' is disgraceful. The worst part is that I have known one of the travellers for years (ie - he has sold fireworks in my area for every halloween since the dawn of time), and he knows that I know his name. And he turned around as he ran out the door and gave me the finger. What a nice gesture, and I couldnt help but laugh.

PS - They dont have "knackers" or "scumbags" where I'm going. Now who'll join me in Canada ???

PPS - The aforementioned knacker has a brother in the same class as my brother (6th class) who has driven a hi-ace van to school on numerous occasions over the past 3 years.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Okay, I missed that. Mea culpa. I completely disagree with the concept of mixing the two in a debate, since their circumstances are different.

There's an element of that. No doubt that our attitudes here are well known in other communities and can help increase the divide further. However, it still costs nothing to be nice/pleasant.

What's interesting is the pack mentality we often see. Taken on their own, isolated, most would be perfectly civil. It's when grouped together that we see some sort of anti-social Darwinism at work, the omega mindset rising to the fore. So why this attitude in groups? There's a social question there worth exploring, about expressions of weakness.

Well I seem to recall the school drop-out rate for deprived backgrounds is shockingly high. What we need to foster there is a corelation between education and reward (both economic and spiritual). Although I despise certain attitudes among people, I would give any being interviewed an equal chance - it's the only humanitarian option. Inbuilt prejudices aside, I can't possibly determine someone based only on their attire. I need to speak with them too, which I'd do given a role as you describe.

The solution to all of this is not - as I jokingly said - a mass cull. It's somewhere where both parties meet. That can, as much as anything, start with an attitude of trying to acknowledge action and consequence, for both parties. The scumbag attitude needs to mellow before the majority of us can feel even a desire to broach the subject further. As it is, we're just seeing an increasingly fractious society.

Hmm... this post is somewhat deep for this Board...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

why should we go to the trouble of killing them when we can round them up and let them fight to the death themselves....like Limerick :):p

x knackers enter...0 knackers leave. We can get our popcorn and **** and RTE can screen it live and sell the tv rights to Sky etc and make millions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

PS - They dont have "knackers" or "scumbags" where I'm going. Now who'll join me in Canada ???

I would, but the bloody things seem to follow me whereever I move (one of those unwritten universal laws that **** you over all the time) and I wouldn't want to spoil Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

davidwalsh.. you're one of those knacker/refugee bastard children I was describing aren't you? Aren't you?? Either that or you need a serious dose of vitamin h (the h is for humour).

catsup, I love the idea of a skanger olympics!

"And now in the wheel removal competition, we have Micheal 'Spanners' O'Shea. Will he be able to beat the personal best time of Franky 'Spuds' O'Shea, his webbed-toe identical twin brother, at taking all 4 wheels off a BMW 3 series?"

The probability for hilarity is immense! Immense I tell ya!

JoeSoap, get yourself a shotgun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by bizmark
    Im going to get roy keane to kick your head in that will teach ya

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bizmark is one of them. Throw him into the knacker concertrat.... erm .... re-education camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by Stark
    I would, but the bloody things seem to follow me whereever I move (one of those unwritten universal laws that **** you over all the time) and I wouldn't want to spoil Canada.

Funnily enough I once had to try to explain the concept of knacker to a Canadian guy I worked with. He just thought it was weird. But then again he thought Ireland was f-ed up and weird generally :)

Ah Canada, the only country left in the world with manners!

If you were allowed run this country we could form our own type of apratheid. Ever consider a bit of social inclusion? Maybe that could be an answer - invite these people to you home? Give them jobs - treat them equally!

This thread is a disgrace, morally reprehensible. Its very easy to sit at your computer and spout abuse at people who have no means to answe.
    Do you honestly believe that you're not a target to the scumbags in this country just because you feel sorry for them? :rolleyes: Background does not excuse behaviour. Plenty of people have been poor and made a success of themselves. We have free secondary school education in this country. There's no excuse for someone not to have at least a Leaving cert.

I've made it clear from my posts that I judge people on their behaviour, not their backgrounds. I don't give a **** if you went to Belvedere or dropped out of school at 14. If you earn your keep in society and leave me alone to live my life in peace, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If you sponge, steal and act like a thug you don't deserve a place in this society.

As for the idea of inviting a scumbag into my home? Yeah, sure, take my life's savings, have the DVD and sure why don't you sh*t on the carpet while you're at it?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Panda

lol
    Who better than the moustached german himself to make a statement like this :)

As far as i remember he was a big fan of the old ethnic cleansing.

For the record in this case so am i.
    I have met some decent travellers in my time.
    Thats about 1%

99% are wasters and scumbags.
    They dont want to change.
    They want to be parasites all their lives.

Hypothetically if you were presented with a button that had "Kill all knackers" would you?

guess what my answer to this is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Oh no ...
    Our collective self appointed moral conscience is moaning at us again.

DavidWWalsh - tell be this.
    Have YOU ever invited them into your house???
    If you did - Did you leave them alone at all? Would you?
    Try going up to a knacker and asking his frownness or her hoopiness would they like to be included and let us know how you get on.

I wish to retract my earlier post apologising for calling them knackers. I was not thinking straight. The pc term for them is knackers. Kill em all is my philosophy.

I was thinking, a knackers immune system would be substancly lower than a normal persons so theoratically we could manufacture a viral toxin that would exploit that weakness and put an end to our troubles. Bio warfare all the way in the fight against knackers.

If a knacker steals from a shop the guards do nothing about it. If you are I was to steal from a shop then chances are wed be arreasted. Why? Are we not we all equal?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by rymus
    catsup, I love the idea of a skanger olympics!

"And now in the wheel removal competition, we have Micheal 'Spanners' O'Shea. Will he be able to beat the personal best time of Franky 'Spuds' O'Shea, his webbed-toe identical twin brother, at taking all 4 wheels off a BMW 3 series?"

The probability for hilarity is immense! Immense I tell ya!

thats just the start...think of the potential of a themed olympics every couple of years...morbidly obese olympics, midget olympics etc. my goal here is obviously no to ridicule, or to point and laugh but to celebrate the wonderful traits that make us all such unique individuals ;):D
    i am also in favour of establishing an alternate to the regular olympics where we lift the bans on performance enhancing substances...think about it! i wanna see how fast someone can run 100m and how high that high-jump beam can be raised...

still in the early stages tho, have to work out a few kinks, legal issues and so forth.

PATENT PENDING!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement