Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

knackers..... again!!

Options
  • 19-04-2004 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

wot to do??

i was walkin home from work when i passed a ''knacker house'', now there were knacker kids playin outside and their brother/cousin/bf/father was with em and he gave me a weird look as i walked past, when i was about 20 feet away the kids(under 10) were runnin past me and threw a bottle(plastic) at me which hit me in the back of the head... now i wasn't mad, i just kept walkin... but somethin was tellin me to go back and beat the living **** outta the brother/cousin/bf/father... but i didn't.. and ALL the way home i was feelin this huge amount of frustration about the whole thing.. if i had gone back and beat the crap outta him then i probably would end up lyin in a ditch dead somewhere, the kids are kids so i can't do anythin to them..in a way i feel like a coward cos i didn't do anythin, even tho i know this isn't the case, its a loose loose situation... i f**ckin hate them all, they think they can do anythin but worst of all........ they can!!

what a piece of sh*t world we live in...

the end

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Bummer dude.
    That would be knackers for you - I recommend you move to a nicer place.
    If we can get normal people to move to different estates, and get all the scum into there own estates, then killing them off will be a whole lot easier.
    We could poison the water or somthing.

... or we could build a wall around their estates and create human zoo type parks, where we could go to throw coins or just point and laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Castration is the only way to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

When I was 5 years old I threw a glass Lucozade bottle at a bunch of knacks. Although it fell well short of its intended target I feel that it was my contribution to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Zulu
    ... or we could build a wall around their estates and create human zoo type parks, where we could go to throw coins or just point and laugh.
    You mean you don't do that already??

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's them vs you. And they're the section of the species reproducing like rabbits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Originally posted by dudara
    It's them vs you. And they're the section of the species reproducing like rabbits.
    and that's a very scary thought! :dunno:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I created a plan for the extermination of all knackers months ago. It even had the economic benefits outlined. Basically though it's time to form a posse. Gather your guns and implements of destruction folks - it's culling time!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by ixoy
    I created a plan for the extermination of all knackers months ago. It even had the economic benefits outlined. Basically though it's time to form a posse. Gather your guns and implements of destruction folks - it's culling time!

I'm intrigued by your plan, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

In my innocence in around second year I told these scummers that were following me home to fock off and I got punched in the nose which was pretty sore!

So the only solution is keep your head down, shut up, and tell yourself that at least you can read, your children don't have children yet and that you are simply better than them, and that they live in squalar and eat curry chips every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Outta curiousity newband, whereabouts do you live?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Get. A. Life.

Racism and similar nastiness isn't funny. Some little brat threw a plastic bottle at you. That doesn't mean all of the people you regard as "knackers" (99.9999999999999999repeating% of them decent people who are just getting on with their lives) are worthy of your noble wrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Glad to see I'm not the only person in the country sick to death of drag-racin hi-aces

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by luckat
    Get. A. Life.

Racism and similar nastiness isn't funny. Some little brat threw a plastic bottle at you. That doesn't mean all of the people you regard as "knackers" (99.9999999999999999repeating% of them decent people who are just getting on with their lives) are worthy of your noble wrath.

Is it alright if we label the sub-section which ARE utter scum as knackers then? The 0.0000000000001% who aren't decent people. If you don't like the word 'knacker', then 'scumbag' or 'skanger' will do. These people exist, and I feel its only right to highlight their activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Get. A. Life.

Do you live on a different planet? Please do let us moan about the scum WE have to endure then.

Are you trying to act like you're the one with the noble cause trying to spare these scumbags of "Racism"? Gimmie a break.

PS. they aren't a different race. :o

Get. A. Life.

LOL - your funny.
    Knackers are knackers - if they were nice people there would be no problem. Ever wonder why you feel intimadated walking by them?

...oh, and they're poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Sign me up please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Divine

Try living in Ennis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 (someguy)

0.00000001% !!! i don't know where these near perfectly civilized knackers you speak of are, but pikeys do stuff like that all the time. Hell i bet half of these inbred deliverence kids that annoyed this guy have knifed some other poor kid for a Petit Filous at some time in their short lives.
    The solution ? i dunno , drop them all on an island somewhere and let them machete each other to death in one of their knacker battle royales

Try living in Ballina. Coming home from the cinema on night I stoped at Xtravision to get a film. Inside were two twenty something knackers and one of ther ten year old son's. So anyways I get my film and leave just behind them, straight across the road a bunch of fifteen years olds are messing about. So the ten year old races across the street and throws a bottle at this group of people. The fifteen year olds tell him to fu*k off. Next thing I know the bunch of fifteen year olds have ran across the street and started fighting ewith the three knackers, with me trying to get out of the way. On several other ocassions I have got caught in the middle of knackers and normal people fighting, its f*c*!ng annoying.

Its got to such a stage that I cant walk past a single cornor in town without some knacker throwing something, shouting abuse or threatening me.

The thing that reallly pisses me off are these bleeding hearts organisations who tell us that knackers are just like us. Yeah right, we all live in caravans, have six children by the age of twenty five, marry our cousins ansd are on welfare. Just think that our tax money goes to these wasters

Ill admit that a small amount of travellars are okay, thats usually because they're settled and know how to use a knief and fork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Originally posted by quank
    Outta curiousity newband, whereabouts do you live?

do you really have to ask.................... Tallaght:rolleyes: ;)
    zulu
    ...oh, and they're poor.

unfortunately this is not the case in this particular incident:mad:

which made me even more wary of the whole beatin the crap outta him kinda thing.. because no knacker livin in a nice big house is doin so with a nice respectfull 9-5 ya dig?... and the last thing i wanna do is start a fight with the son/lover of an almighty warlord knacker!!! no way ho zay kimo sabi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Get. A. Life.

That's like saying:
    Not all the druglord, raping, paedophile, murdering, kidnapping, pension-stealing, barbarian-like, genocide-doing people out there are mainly a bunch of nice young students trying to make their own way through life.
    Or simplified,
    not all idiots are idiots, 99.99% of idiots are geniuses

Why do you think they're labeled knackers for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

there used to be millions of them around my area but they got moved away..... its horrible,the filt they create.

Originally posted by quank
    That's like saying:
    Not all the druglord, raping, paedophile, murdering, kidnapping, pension-stealing, barbarian-like, genocide-doing people out there are mainly a bunch of nice young students trying to make their own way through life.
    Or simplified,
    not all idiots are idiots, 99.99% of idiots are geniuses

Why do you think they're labeled knackers for?

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by (someguy)
    0.00000001% !!! i don't know where these near perfectly civilized knackers you speak of are, but pikeys do stuff like that all the time. Hell i bet half of these inbred deliverence kids that annoyed this guy have knifed some other poor kid for a Petit Filous at some time in their short lives.
    The solution ? i dunno , drop them all on an island somewhere and let them machete each other to death in one of their knacker battle royales

Genius!!!

Try having long hair though. To them, its like I have two heads. Getting some of these 'victims of racism' to show thier true colours only takes about 2 seconds for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I once threw a chip at a young wan with hoopy ear-rings when I was slightly inebriated many years ago.

Very proud I was, it hit her smack bang on the back of the head...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by therecklessone
    I once threw a chip at a young wan with hoopy ear-rings when I was slightly inebriated many years ago.

Now thats the way to do it. Wage a holy chip war and wipe out the infedils... Chijah perhaps... or Ji-Chip-had. I'm all confused... i'm off to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SeeYouJimmy

Do you think that knackers know that they are knackers?

I mean, there aint no knackers on here defending themselves, so maybe they dont even know that they are knackers...

or maybe they dont know how to turn on the computer.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

[A re-post]
    Too simplistic though! Let's look at the cost of them first on a weekly basis:

COST OF A SKANGER
    ===============

Social Welfare cost: 100 euro a week
    Cost in associated crimes - Gardai hours, repurchasing mobile phones, increased insurance premiums, etc (divided per head): Let's pluck it at an arbitrary 50 a head.

So costs to state: 150 a week.

However, they also generate revenue. Tax revenues for example:
    * Smoke 40 cigarettes a day @ 5 in generated tax? x 7 = 35
    * Drink 3-4 cans of Dutch Gold @ 4-5 in more tax? x 7 = 28
    Total amount = 63.
    Now we can apply a model of thievery to this (exempt from the outgoing cost) and assume 10% comes from illegal sources, brinigng revenue down to, we'll say, 55 quid.

Therefore 150 - 55 = 95.

Total net loss to government: 95 a week per skanger.
    Take a rough estimate of 50,000 skangers and we have a cost per week of : 4,750, 000.

COST OF THE CULL
    =============

Now the expenditure of bullets is... let's say a quid a person. However you'll need clean up crews and initial arms stocking.
    So say we have a team of manned men - 20-30. Let's settle on 25.

Their cost is as follows:
    Weekly wage per bounty hunter = 500 * 25 = 12,500
    Cost of armour, armanents, weapons = 400 * 25 = 10000
    Total = 22,5000.
    (the weapons initial costs are spread, for purposes here, overly weekly installments. We're equipping our men well).

Now we've a few other costs to account for. Firstly we'll need to factor in a cleanup crew to get rid of bodies, cans, stray caps, and rings.
    Let's say they work once a day, at night, after the bounty hunters.
    2-man teams, sent to locations tagged by the bounty hunters.
    We'll have 5 2-man teams, so each team covers the area of 5 bounty-hunters.

Their wage is as follows:
    Weekly wage of a clean = 400 * 10 = 4000
    Cost of cleaning equipment, munce wagons, disposal, etc = 350 * 5 = 1750
    Total Cost = 5750

We've a few other elements to factor in, such as insurance premiums on the bounty hunters (in case of stray bullets). Let's call it an even 5,000 a week.

Therefore total cost per week = 22,500 + 5750 + 5000 = 33,250.

So costs per week [inital] = 4,750,000 + 33,250 = 4,783,250.

TIMESCALE
    ========

Now this plan is nothing without a projected time line. After all the bounty hunters need quotas. We'll say each bounty hunter has an assigned quota of around 5 scum bags a day, averaging 30 skangers a week (to give account of poor days, days off etc).

So skanger elmination a week = 30 * 25 = 750.

Now this gives a timeline of 50,000 / 750 = 66.6 weeks, or around 16 months.

However, as numbers of skangers go down, we have a sliding scale of cost, roughly of 70,000 a week (using the aforementioned skanger cost of 95 a skanger * 750). The cost of the plan is pretty invariant as we won't have room to cut down. However, it's worth noting that the plan pays for itself each week WITH substantial savings.

CONCLUSION
    ==========

To get a better overview of the plan, you could probably apply the scale to a graph and use calculus to get the slope of the curve of cost, but it should be obvious that there are savings to be made here and we have a framework for a society, going forward, as long as we can waiver neglibile points like ethics and rights to a fair and unprejudiced trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Take a rough estimate of 50,000 skangers
    I think you should add at least another zero to that figure... and that's just Dublin.
    I blame the whole "mad lad" thing, I mean punching the head off some random stranger wins you respect and friends in their world.
    I'd also like to add, to those people who are on their high horse about racism - "knacker" doesn't always mean "traveler"... to many Dublin people knacker is used interchangably with "skanger" which is something else entirely.

> Urban Dictionary dot com defines skanger as... <

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    I think you should add at least another zero to that figure... and that's just Dublin.
    I blame the whole "mad lad" thing, I mean punching the head off some random stranger wins you respect and friends in their world.
    I'd also like to add, to those people who are on their high horse about racism - "knacker" doesn't always mean "traveler"... to many Dublin people knacker is used interchangably with "skanger" which is something else entirely.

> Urban Dictionary dot com defines skanger as... <

yup its not about racism.

what qualifies a person as a "skanger" isnt where they are born or what they look like but their actions.

There is a group of people in dublin and ofc the rest of ireland, that generally like to cause trouble. The make racist remarks at all non-irish. They make generally abusive remarks at anyone who passes by. The are liable to start fights for no reason and seriously injure without care innocent bystanders. They will steal from you, and possbily knife you maybe kill you, for no reason other than amusement. The consume copious amounts of alcohol. They contribute in a large way to crime and drugs. They are essentially the bane of our society.

You can't expect decent honest people to like someone who behaves like this, whatever the reason. Skanger is just a convenient term for grouping them together. Or Knacker if you will.

When someone uses that term, you immediately get a picture in your head, of someone like this. They are scum really :)

lets not get caught up in political correctness here. I think Ioxy's plan is a good one :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement