Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Mod's

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

dubdvd wrote:
    5 days later after banging my head of the wall i came up with one :rolleyes: ..
    That poor wall :p
    Still nice mod. How many screens at the end of this monster mod will you have on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

sweet, im liking this, you could be starting a trend here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

Nukem wrote:
    That poor wall :p
    Still nice mod. How many screens at the end of this monster mod will you have on it?

Thats a hard one to anwser it was meant to be one in the side panel ...but know its looking like one on each side and one on the top which will come down in front of the case and the one's on either side will open out ...so it will be a treble display with 2 x 17" on either side of a 19" which will add up to a case width of 54" lol

This below is a very rough idea of what im on about but with another tft on the left side ..but it would look alot better when its done right ..and the outer tft's will be slated in like this \_/

abiiqa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

. Looks very cool.

some cracking ideas, are you going to do something in the future that would have the tft's displaying certain grafics without affecting normal pc usage, like having the monitors doing a light show etc, etc and you doing your normal pc stuff like browsing the net.

• Advertisement

next is my watercooling which i know has'nt been done before ...my dangerden pump is almost ready for moulding ...here below

abilx3.jpg
    remember this isnt the finished pump just the shape of things to come..

abjdvs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Very nice dub!! It's coming along very nicely!

i got the ntl sorted not bad at all good pic ...LOST

abm7v4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Great stuff.. Its coming along faster thatn i thought it would, U still gonna use the water cooler??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

what happened to your peltier idea for the 2 x gfx??? U gonna dabble in that or not??

• Advertisement

gline wrote:
    what happened to your peltier idea for the 2 x gfx??? U gonna dabble in that or not??

i had backed out of the idea of using TEC's on the GPU's due to the fact that it was impossible to place them on two cards on the DFI mobo ..there was just no space for then thats why youll never find any of the DFI SLI mobos with dual pletiers ..but now im using the ASUS SLI mobo i might put them in ,but thats a while away at the moment as one of my BFG'S is gone back to the staes to be RMAed so god knows when it will be back ????also money is a big issue at the moment

dubdvd wrote:
    i had backed out of the idea of using TEC's on the GPU's due to the fact that it was impossible to place them on two cards on the DFI mobo ..there was just no space for then thats why youll never find any of the DFI SLI mobos with dual pletiers ..but now im using the ASUS SLI mobo i might put them in ,but thats a while away at the moment as one of my BFG'S is gone back to the staes to be RMAed so god knows when it will be back ????also money is a big issue at the moment

ah good aul rma , where would we be without it :D

yeh tecs would be interesting to fiddle around with , im just wondering wen u'l ever go phase change and have a "real" overclocked pc - lol - just kiddin
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dub, you're a mod, you have a blog.
    Login, get used to the interface and create a second category (if you like) called "Worklog" or "casemod" or whatever you like.
    Might be easier on those reading your (very impressive) work if they're all in one area. People can still post comments on them (by default 3rd-party comments are added to your blog's moderation queue for review before display) and it would be a bit neater. it's kind of hard to keep track of your work when the posts are split up and intersected by replies.

Just a thought smile.gif

[blatant_pimping]For non-moderators, boards.ie subscription is well worth the annual €50 subscription fee (payable by paypal).[/blatant_pimping]

SyxPak wrote:
    Dub, you're a mod, you have a blog.
    Login, get used to the interface and create a second category (if you like) called "Worklog" or "casemod" or whatever you like.
    Might be easier on those reading your (very impressive) work if they're all in one area. People can still post comments on them (by default 3rd-party comments are added to your blog's moderation queue for review before display) and it would be a bit neater. it's kind of hard to keep track of your work when the posts are split up and intersected by replies.

Just a thought smile.gif

[blatant_pimping]For non-moderators, boards.ie subscription is well worth the annual €50 subscription fee (payable by paypal).[/blatant_pimping]

Good thinking SyxPak forgot about putting up a blog for all my rambling on's ..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Can any of you reccommend a good place to buy a PC case?

Im not too keen on ordering from outside of Eire so preferably in Dublin if its
    possible.

Cheers,

BW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

There is a sticky on all the best places to buy pc stuff from ;) . Your best bet would be komplett.ei. There is also hitide and peats..........the list goes on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

Maplin have a good lot of cases as well these days, if you need to get it in a shop for payment reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Ill be checking out Mapling and Peats. I seen a few alienware lookalikes in
    Mapling about 6months ago...

Where abouts is Hitide? Ill check out the sticky. I appolgise for my ignorance :)

Edit: ah they are in dublin. But can I waltz on over and pick up a case instead of
    paying delivery?

Where abouts is Hitide? Ill check out the sticky. I appolgise for my ignorance :)

Edit: ah they are in dublin. But can I waltz on over and pick up a case instead of
    paying delivery?

yeah seen that alienware lookalike case your on about, but its some heavy fcker and thats without and psu and mobo.
    still it looks the stuff

paying delivery?
    yes if you email hitide you can arrange to meet up with him either in ringsend or some other place im not to sure but he has meet up with a few guys of boards ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Hitide, great bunch of folks, and I haven't even ordered off them yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hi, I was looking at some of the W/C kits on Hitide would anyone here recommend a kit for a socket 939 mobo? I dont know if I'd be better off with a kit or building it myself :confused: thanks guys.

Hal1 wrote:
    Hi, I was looking at some of the W/C kits on Hitide would anyone here recommend a kit for a socket 939 mobo? I dont know if I'd be better off with a kit or building it myself :confused: thanks guys.

building urself

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sourcream

Yo CombatCow, I also have the Diabolic Gaming Case. :cool:

How did you make the DVD rom drive with the red bezel that came with the case? :confused:

I think its really cool but i have a white drive that spoils it :( . how did you do it?

Had to post a small update ..I got rid of the plexy..and took out the original side panel and after a days full modding , i came up with this i re-cut the side panel window and cut some new plexy for the new window and placed it on the inside then i had to find a way to attach the power button to the front of the plexy ....

Then i put on some hinges ..So if you can imagine the same side panel on the other side of the case then thats what this will look like by the end of the week ...I need another 17" tft im not pushed about specs and so on just some cheap yok will do and thats whats going into the left hand side panel and in the front coming down from the top and then sitting in front of the fans and drive bays will be the 19" tft that i already have ...anyhow heres the latest pics ..ive still some tidying up to do to the hinges ill be painting the screws black and the hinges and so on ..

amrxvp.jpg

amryac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

lookin good M8...

getting there slowly but slowly all i need is somebody to donate a 17" tft ...i think ill be waiting a while for that ...lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Plush Bus:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Very nice. Cool mod dub. You going to work these days at all?? ;)

• Advertisement

I just made the homepage of www.mountainmods.com with this baby ..lol

Advertisement