Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Mod's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

very nice prosta: you have a good hand to be able to pull that off ;) the picute i mean....so so good i love jim fizpatrick and his pics look even better on your pc ....great job ...you could make a few bob doing this on the side ...i'd say there is a few people here on boards that would be interested in paying you to do this on their pc's ..just an idea ....did it take long to do ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

It took a day and a half. Sat out in the nice weather the weekend before last and got it done in a couple of sittings.
    If anyone wants anything done then let me know.
    I can fit an a4 pic onto a panel.
    It has to be a drawing rather then painted art.
    It should take a week max. We can discuss the price :D

I put some Elwire on the front panel.
    Needs a little adjustment. Have some green leds. Will swap out the blue ones to see how it looks since I'm on a mostly green theme

p160f8yk.md.jpg

thats a sweet rig ...prosta i love the EL neon sting ....very sweet ........

I know ive posted this rig before , but i thought i'd post some pic's of it now before i go to work on it ..as it will kinda be a before and after thing cant tell to much about was going to happen to this rig till its finished but watch this spot as this is going to be the likes never seen before on boards or in the modding community in ireland " i hope :o "...so watch this spot i thought i better get a start on it before WiZzard gets in there before me with his project ;) ...these are done when i took out the WCing to mod it so it not to hot inside .....

BEFORE

http://tinypic.com/95rjvb.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/95rjfb.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/95rjm8.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/95rk3q.jpg
    http://tinypic.com/95rkia.jpg

9v831f.jpg
    THE START OF MY NEW PROJECT ILL POST MORE PICS AS IT GOES ON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Very nice dub. Well done.

I need to get my skates on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

very very nice indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

looking really good dub, you certainly set a benchmark when it comes to modding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Nice to see everythings going to plan dude!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Very tasty ;)

• Advertisement

Lots more to come thats just a taster the plan is to get some gas sturts the kind you see on the boot of a can that hold it up tomorrow so insteed of just screwing it on it will lift up and show of all the goodies inside ...mmmm there lots of goodies lol...i cant say to much foe now ssssshhhhhh

ps this has a lot still to be done to it apart from the sturts ..ive still to place the buttons from the tft into the side panel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

well the front of the pc is bright anyway, no need for lighting in the room, lol

dubdvd wrote:
    Lots more to come thats just a taster the plan is to get some gas sturts the kind you see on the boot of a can that hold it up tomorrow so insteed of just screwing it on it will lift up and show of all the goodies inside ...mmmm there lots of goodies lol...i cant say to much foe now ssssshhhhhh

ps this has a lot still to be done to it apart from the sturts ..ive still to place the buttons from the tft into the side panel

you are definatly, an inspiration, nice ideas aswell, do you plan on showcasing your setup at any events?

heres a hint of whats to come

9vbcb9.jpg

9vbck9.jpg

9vcqc5.jpg

Try guess where that second tft above will be going ??????????????????????????????????? This 5" T.V. will be a lot easy to guess where this is going to end up ....ahhem "drive bay" ahhem...Thats eoungh hints of whats to come so far ;) I love scrapheap challenge... i could'nt miss it ..lol..

9vbm9l.jpg

dubdvd wrote:
    Try guess where that second tft above will be going ??????????????????????????????????? This 5" T.V. will be a lot easy to guess where this is going to end up ....ahhem "drive bay" ahhem...Thats eoungh hints of whats to come so far ;) I love scrapheap challenge... i could'nt miss it ..lol..

9vbm9l.jpg

:eek: wow, now your surpassing yourself, :D

well i got the sturts today hopefully i get a chance to put them on tomorrow

there about an inch or two too big but ive an idea how to sort this out ..i got them for 15 euro in a scarpyard not bad ah they are of the boot of a starlet :)
    a09e3b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kookie

Its unklerosco here, to lazy to log off my sisters id..

U are fappin insane, more insane than the crazy man down the road from me who ate his feet!!!! Must call over n drop that PSU gear to u... Pm me if u around this weekend..

Ok Then Kookie Chicken "kisses" LOL

so dub, when do you plan on showcasing your fine creation.

• Advertisement

it will be a while before this project will be finished as there is tons of work to be done on it the watercooling set-up is to be a totally fresh idea i have most if not all of the parts and stuff here but as ive said before im badly stuck for a couple of things ...No:1 some UV yellow or green plexy...No:2 a motor to place under the case that will work in a way that when i press a button one of the TFT's will face me and then press again and the front panel with all the drive bays will face you .and the same with the back of the case all the external wiring will be wired through the base of the case and down and out in a way that no matter how many time the case spins around they wont get tangled up...

I'm hoping to have it as a treble dispaly if not it will be a double ..if its 3 tft's ive got it worked out how it will be but with the double im still working on the best way ...when its finished it will displayed in the likes of custompc and pcextreme mags "hopefully " and maybe on a boards.ie lol..
    if it turns out the way i hope it will i'd galdy display it at any of the LAN's around the country "if i was asked and if it was good eoungh ?????"
    it has all be recorded step by step with photos ..So maybe it will be on some website as a set of How To's..but as i said only if it turns out the way i hope it will ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Actually dub, you dont go to lan partys do you?
    Because I know myself, a great casemod is infinetly more impressive when you see it in person.
    /me packs up fuzzy case for d0rkside.

No i dont get to LAN's ..Thats only cos im like a sniper and like to frag from a distance ...lol...:cool:

dubdvd wrote:
    it will be a while before this project will be finished as there is tons of work to be done on it the watercooling set-up is to be a totally fresh idea i have most if not all of the parts and stuff here but as ive said before im badly stuck for a couple of things ...No:1 some UV yellow or green plexy...No:2 a motor to place under the case that will work in a way that when i press a button one of the TFT's will face me and then press again and the front panel with all the drive bays will face you .and the same with the back of the case all the external wiring will be wired through the base of the case and down and out in a way that no matter how many time the case spins around they wont get tangled up...

I'm hoping to have it as a treble dispaly if not it will be a double ..if its 3 tft's ive got it worked out how it will be but with the double im still working on the best way ...when its finished it will displayed in the likes of custompc and pcextreme mags "hopefully " and maybe on a boards.ie lol..
    if it turns out the way i hope it will i'd galdy display it at any of the LAN's around the country "if i was asked and if it was good eoungh ?????"
    it has all be recorded step by step with photos ..So maybe it will be on some website as a set of How To's..but as i said only if it turns out the way i hope it will ...

It would be great if they done a tv program about pc modding, but if you decide to get it in a mag, i can say "i seen this before it was here" :D

Good ideas, keep up the good work.

kookie wrote:
    Its unklerosco here, to lazy to log off my sisters id..

U are fappin insane, more insane than the crazy man down the road from me who ate his feet!!!!

Met Dub when he was picking up some stuff for Unklerosco and got some of the details for this megamod. I was thinking what Unk said above. :eek:

Good to see your making progress Dub - Good luck with the rest of it.

A small up date the pics speak for themselfs ive used the old 120mm fan grill as a holding frame for the lcd itself the rest of the TV in placed inside the case in behind the fan hole cut out and i used the wires which where conected to where the batteries go and i hooked it up to a molex :eek: so its powered from my PSU ...The controller for the volume and channels and so on will be place beside the 17" tft at the side of the case made into the plexy ...but ive also got a remote control so i wont have to be messing with ...my NTL box is near the PC so ill hook it up to it for all the channels ...and ive got a speaker made into the pc which you can see in the last photo .This was taken from my 19" TFT and it fits perfect on the top of the case .btw i have no aerial connected to it yet thats why its so grainy
    abi8uo.jpg

abh1le.jpg

abh8nb.jpg
    abjrrb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Pretty Neat that

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Is that Charlie & the Chocolate factory. Thats not out yet :p
    Sweet mod. guess you got that cable working ok.

Nukem

• Advertisement

Nukem wrote:
    Is that Charlie & the Chocolate factory. Thats not out yet :p
    Sweet mod. guess you got that cable working ok.

Nukem

Thats on the telly "honest i dont want INFACT at my door "again";) ...YES i just kept the small cable and put my head into overdriver to find away around the problem and 5 days later after banging my head of the wall i came up with one :rolleyes: ..

Advertisement