Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Mod's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Very nice. Congrats!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Some nice advertising for boards too :D
    Your famous - can i have your autograpgh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

wowha that is sexy! well... nice work there dub :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Nukem wrote:
    Some nice advertising for boards too :D
    Your famous - can i have your autograpgh!

yeah i want one too :D

dubdvd wrote:
    I just made the homepage of www.mountainmods.com with this baby ..lol

seen it, but tbh your case looks the best out of all of them, more because of the lcd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

ao23xx.jpg
    This is what will be on the homepage of mountainmods website within the next week with a bit of luck... if i have it done by the next couple of days this is how it will look by then ...but then there will still be the 3rd TFT to go on ...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 tnv

I happy with the simple things in lyfe. Neat and clean is a good thing. So, with that in mind, here's my computer. If I don't need something...I remove it. If I need it...I try to hide it. And if it has wires...I to reroute them. This is what's inside:
    Flower 201-b case
    Abit IC7g-max 2
    P4/3.2 (heavy o/c'd)
    2xw/d Raptor 74GB Hard Drives
    2x1gig ram (o/c'd)
    Ati 9800pro/256 (o/c'd of course)
    XP90 cooler for the cpu
    some other stuff
    And here's what it looks like. What do you think??

@dubdvd:
    Class. You're putting everyone to shame with that mod!

@tnv: Very nice, neat & clean case. Impressive.

Here's my computer in it's natural surroundings...sorry about the mess. tnv

Nice. Wish I had that much space for my PC :(

• Advertisement

NIce clean PC you have there! but the room looks a lil' to empty for me :(

dubdvd wrote:
    ao23xx.jpg
    This is what will be on the homepage of mountainmods website within the next week with a bit of luck... if i have it done by the next couple of days this is how it will look by then ...but then there will still be the 3rd TFT to go on ...lol

well fck me thats what i call a mod, whens the mags poping around for some snaps for the latest issue :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Thats is sweet. Very nicely done. Wish i had that much room. Mmmmmmm convert attic and not tell the fams?????

Nukem

tnv wrote:
    Here's my computer in it's natural surroundings...sorry about the mess. tnv

i love the room you have there and most of all i love the way you have your case very neat and tidy ..i had one of those cases before but it did'nt look as good as your does there ..i love to see a system like this so neat there is nothing worst than a rats nest of wire every where great work ...

Thank you for the compliments and kind words. It makes doing something like this worthwhile when one's peers can see the effort that went into it.
    The attic? Close...the little wife doesn't like the basement, so I cleaned it up, paneled the walls, put down some carpet and mounted a couple of fans. The hardest part was running the wiring...I have a dedicated line into the house for the computer. Here is one (1) last picture...it's about 45' from the camera to the wall, and there's still about 20' behind me. Me wife says it's too far to call down, so she calls me on the phone when it's diner tyme. tnv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Woow, cool room, looks like one of those audio guru's would have a field day in there. U could get some really cool surround sound in there :) . Do u have any close up's of the case ??

EDIT>>> Ignore that last question :rolleyes: , didnt look at the top of the page, nice system :). Arent all those 80mm fans loud though ? It might work better with 2 120mm fans?? Actually by the looks of it u may be able to fit 2 120mm in the front :eek: , crisis that case must be huge.

Look about 8' this side of the desk and you'll see the left and right rear speakers. To the left side (under the small speaker) is the sub woofer. Over the monitor is a front centre channel and mounted in the ceiling behind and above the chair is the rear centre channel. There is a second rear sub woofer under the lamp, it has two 15" woofers and a 250 watt per channel amplifier. I'm running 7.1, so the surround effect is surprisingly realistic. The low freq. is about 18 hz, so there is a lot to be FELT. Sebelius' classic
    "finlandia" is not only emotionally moving...but physically as well.
    The 80mm fans are very quiet. There are no fan guards (they make noise), the blades have been high speed balanced (cuts down on the vibs and resonate noise from the case.) The XP90 has a very quiet 92mm fan and all the fans are controlled with a front panel fanbus. There are two additional fans on the case floor (just behind the front case fans) that pull aire in from the bottom. The ambient temp. in the basement is about 74degrees f., so with all the aire flow and low temps, I can run the fans at absolute minimum speed. They are almost silent, with the overhead fans making more noise the the computer. The second hard drive is mounted behind the mobo, so there is no sound from it, either. For all practical purposes...you can't hear any noise coming from the computer. And since I'm in the basement...there is no outside noise...ever. tnv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Few updated pics of my system since Iv finialy gotten rid of the ugly Hardcano12 unit.

cm3.jpg

cm2.jpg

cm1.jpg

cm5.jpg

cm4.jpg

cm6.jpg

cm7.jpg

cm8.jpg

you've got yourself plenty airflow in there , and a love the way you have the wires well hide and tidy ..most of all i like the aerocool fan controller ...i was going to get one of them a while back ...nice rig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

dubdvd wrote:
    you've got yourself plenty airflow in there , and a love the way you have the wires well hide and tidy ..most of all i like the aerocool fan controller ...i was going to get one of them a while back ...nice rig

Cheers mate :)

Its way easy with the stacker as the cross flow fan port helps to tuck away alot of the wires and cables :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

GAh! sorry for crappy pictures that have way too much resolution in scale with their picture quality.

My old fileserver:

120zr.jpg

My old gaming rig

212pp.jpg

My matching Keyboard and mouse.
    image12aw.jpg

I used to use the two machines with one monitor. Had a hardware switch to change between the computers.

and heres my current pc:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=13980

thoughts?

the last case is teh furry :D
    does it talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Im thinking it will probably burn down well before it starts talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Catalyst

DiamondMax 10 Hard Disk Drive 200GB Serial ATA150 7200rpm
    NEC DVD+-RW/DL 16x4x16x4x IDE ND3500 BLK
    512MB 400MHz DDR PC3200 NECC DIMM
    AMD Athlon 64 3400+/2.4Ghz L2-512KB Box 754p
    MSI K8T NEO-FSR Mainboard socket 754 K8T800
    ASUS 128MB GeF 6600GT TV/DVI 8x RET
    P160EU/MT No PSU ATX Anodized Aluminium SuperMid
    64Bit Linux ;)

elaraPC2.jpg

Very nice! Now, if only you stocked modding stuff ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

WizZard wrote:
    Very nice! Now, if only you stocked modding stuff ;):D

at a good price ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Catalyst

We do have some :) here is the list

http://www.elara.ie/products/cooling.asp

We also do all thermaltake stuff but they are not on the site :o ....have to email for thermaltake items :)

nice case! and weldone. you got the 300th post in this topic

almost done with the outside of the case ,ill have some pics of the inside next week with a bit of luck and trust me it will be worth waiting for :)doqq8y.jpg
    doqu4h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Ok while outshined by the enormity of Dub's system this is my main rig (1 of four decent ones)
    Image233.jpg
    Image234.jpg
    Image235.jpg

Specs are:

Pentuim 4e Prescott 2.8ghz @ 3.45(In my old mobo)
    ATM Useless Asus Motherboard while I wait for my DFI to arrive
    1024mb(2x512) Cobra pc3700 DDR (Winbond BH5 Chips) @ 2-2-2-5
    Thermalright XP120 (Scary to fit. Capacitor Bending Everywhere)
    ATI 9600XT 256mb @ 500/301mhz
    Western Digital 200GB and Western Digital 320GB IDE Drives
    MSI DVD-RW
    Antec SuperLanboy Case
    Antec TruePower 480w PSU
    3x120mm Fans.
    19" BenQ T905 12ms TFT Flatscreen
    Logitech Media Keyboard
    Microsoft Wireless OpticalVer2(Orange) for everyday
    Logitech MX510 for gaming.
    Logitech Xsomething 2.1 Speakers.

And thats bout it. I have a few other systems in the pipeline i will show soon!

Advertisement