Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Mod's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭dubdvd

very nice master ..ohh the joys of working in a pc shop lol...looks like my back room....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

He he thank you. The system on the floor is aother 2.8PF the dell in the back is a Win 2003 Small Business Server and I have a cluster in my wardrobe
    Image220.jpg

I told ya fitting the XP120 was scary
    Image223.jpg

For my next system
    Image218.jpg
    Image221.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

like a modders dream room, lol

I accumulate. I have the guts of about 15pcs lying about this room!!

Oh forgot to mention the X800XT PE that I will have tomorrow for 300quid!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

6s.jpg
    5s.jpg

or

6s.jpg

I can't decide!!

That looks savage Dub...your gonna be like a chameleon with the two screens showing different things....

Go for the Vapochill Micro with a Delta or Panoflo fan. Hey do up a thread so we can chat without thradspoiling this!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

master you have some amount of gear there :D

;p and hopefully a few servers arriving in the next few weeks. Ordered a Dual Xeon from eBay.

Go for the Vapochill Micro with a Delta or Panoflo fan. Hey do up a thread so we can chat without thradspoiling this!

most the reviews for the Vapo Micro are crap even the one on custompc.ie, they are built right, dont get good contact,

• Advertisement

gline wrote:
    most the reviews for the Vapo Micro are crap even the one on custompc.ie, they are built right, dont get good contact,

The support fellow's are sending me another one, so they must think its faulty.

Gline, i'm waiting on a few bits for 939 system i have in the works, if you want, i'll meet you in town some evening with it, and you can try it out on your 754 system for me, see if it is completly whacked, or if its just the 775 retention that doesnt work. I'll be needing it back though.

Jammer wrote:
    The support fellow's are sending me another one, so they must think its faulty.

Gline, i'm waiting on a few bits for 939 system i have in the works, if you want, i'll meet you in town some evening with it, and you can try it out on your 754 system for me, see if it is completly whacked, or if its just the 775 retention that doesnt work. I'll be needing it back though.
    i usually wuld bro but i dont touch my 754 pc as its my file+ftp server and cant be offline.

ur S478 has water in it too, right?

Jammer wrote:
    ur S478 has water in it too, right?

yep, my socket 940 system can and wil be used for testing soon, wen i get my 939 gear and upgrade

it fits 940, most stuff does, so i'll probably be in touch with a few new toys for you to play with!

in the mean time, if anyone around dublin wants to test this out for me...

Jammer wrote:
    it fits 940, most stuff does, so i'll probably be in touch with a few new toys for you to play with!

Cool me, not a problem, willhave a complete 940 system to play around with ;) that can only be good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭junglequestions

Hey,
    I was thinkin about buying a small beer / drinks fridge, one with a glass door on the front and building something out of it!

has anybody tried anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Here is a discussion on the same idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭junglequestions

wow alot more involved than i had hoped! lucky i didn't just go stick a mother board in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The old cut n paste plan didn't work out to well did it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

Blackops must be a fun guy to work with. Can you imagine him in an office. He'd probably spam the whole company with hate mail over a stolen pen.

what is the purpose of your post blackops?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yes i got a nice topic update in my email today with some nice spam for masteroftherealm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭dubdvd

me too "whats that about" ????

Huh whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

guys this is a realy interesting topic and you guys have some sick ass machines. I myself have jsut a plain boring baige case. But I really want to make it look the sh1t. I just have a few noobie questions.

A) If I wanted to cut some design into my casing, is it easy and safe to do? I think like the first poster said he cut a design into his, did you just leave it then or was some plastic or something put on over it.

B)Is there any irish sites or stores that sell this kind of casing and mod equipment.

C)Am i going to be forking out a fortune =D

Thanks guys I'm a total admirer of your systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

1: yeah all you need is a bit of patience...a steady hand..oh and a dremel. it's like a handheld cutting tool...throw it into google there and yah can see some pics... it's a modders #1 tool :) you can pick em up in B&Q or places like that...evan argos i think aswell.yeah i did, i put a 1mm thick perspex sheet on the inside of the case.

2:well if yah wanna go down the watercooling route, www.hitide.ie do that stuff and also general modding supplies,top quality service imo.

3:meh, it really depends what you wanna do tbh, you can buy a window kit for around €20 and then yah need the dremel to cut the case side panal...some cold cat's and your pretty much sorted..

good luck
    :)

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

dubdvd have you finished your mod yet? any pics of it! It's fcuking class! I wish I had funds to do something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Where do i pick up this window kit? and whats in it?

• Advertisement

Just put in new WC last week, more to be added soon ;)

http://www.custompc.ie/andy/wc2.jpg

BTW P180 = great case, but awful for WC!

Advertisement