Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum - Please dont close it

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by lad12
    Yeah re-open the forum :rolleyes:
    Lad12, I really hope the mods don't allow you on the forum until you get a bit of cop on. A lot of your posts may be sarcastic but it is hard to know from reading a post. During my time on boards you are the one user who really got me feeling like punching the moniter (which should be great news for you). You would say stupid comments about players, teams, etc when you clearly don't even believe them yourself (ie. trolling). The CAPS and bold writing is also very annoying.

Lad12 is a Rangers fans and tries to get the Celtic fans riled up. I barely read threads with ManU or Arsenal in the title because I know it is going to be the usual crap (with the ManU version of Lad12 trolling) so I can only imagine how the likes of kaids and Bazmo feel as the majority of the threads would be about the named clubs.

From reading DeVore's posts I presume it will become a private forum but if it had become a private forum a few weeks ago redspider would not be a member of boards. He knows his stuff about football and seems like a really decent person but I presume he wouldn't fall under the criterea to become a member of the soccer board. I'll stick my neck out and risk getting a future ban to get him into the forum as I really doubt he will get a ban and I love to read what he has to say about footballing matters (even though he hasn't posted very much).

If your looking for a mod I would probably recommend kaids and bazmo (there are more I would recommend but I can't think ATM). I probably post more than anyone else on the soccer forum but I couldn't see myself modding it.

BTW - I've only posted on boards once in the last week as I've been without a PC but I'm back now and really miss the soccer forum :(. I hope it won't be too long and I'm sure the trolls have learned their lesson or have found somewhere else to go (I see foot.ie is a lot more active since the soccer forum has closed).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Well spotted bazmo, thats exactly what I was talking about :)
    Originally posted by irish1
    Ok lets not drag this up, he never said he didn't see it, he admitted to me he had seen but choose to see this comment as a lie by Keane, can we leave it at that please.:)

Pity he didnt let me know. After 5 pages of asking for 'proof', I had obtained a copy of the show and was about to upload it before the link magically appeared in his sig.

Could have saved me some bother :(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

IT WILL NOT BE A PRIVATE FORUM

It will be publically readable but writeable ONLY if you have been given permission by a mod.

Anyone circumventing that by starting threads in AH or Sports will be banned on the spot off the entire site.

The right to voice an opinion on the topic of soccer is basically being restricted to the adults only.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    Eh...yes and keep your assumptions to yourself. I have also seen the mods with their, 'aw it's too hard to mod' attitude.

Closing the soccer forum is lousy and a decision made by the few against the popular opinion to keep it open. Why close it? It the greatest example of a mountain out of a molehill I have ever seen.
    Just because people insult each other, so ban them for a week!!!
    Jeez make up your bloody mind about what to do about it and stop p1ssing off all the soccer fans with your snail-like attitude to fixing it, we have Roy Keane to discuss damn it!

This makes me feel like not ever opening it again. Why do I bust my arse to facilitate cnuts like you.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Originally posted by DeVore
    This makes me feel like not ever opening it again. Why do I bust my arse to facilitate cnuts like you.

DeV.

Because its the job YOU chose to do. If you can't do it someone else would be more than happy to. The attitude you have taken about opening it again is so stupid, you'd swear that you own boards or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

hahahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Because its the job YOU chose to do. If you can't do it someone else would be more than happy to. The attitude you have taken about opening it again is so stupid, you'd swear that you own boards or something.
    admin > mods... you haven't a clue mate. (I didn't take into a/c any sarcasm in the above quote).

please tell me this is a joke. A very poor and unfunny joke cos I'm about 1 click from kicking you off my site forever. You are as funny as cancer.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think you'l find DeV is one of the owners.

Do you pay for the privilige to post here?? NO

So then thats exactly what it is a prilivige, if you don't like that why don't you find somewhere else to post rather than just bitch here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Anyway, on the question of the forum what about the people (like me) who browse the soccer forum but very very rarely post unless they see a topic or two that interests them? I think I'd be dissuaded from posting if I had to contact a mod just to post once or twice that day.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Exit
    Anyway, on the question of the forum what about the people (like me) who browse the soccer forum but very very rarely post unless they see a topic or two that interests them?

About 6 posts up I explained about that Exit... heres a link for you just in case :)

click me

Everyone can read, adults can post.

DeV.

Apologies if you are one of the owners! Major bad on my part!
    I just don't see a reason for closing the whole thing because of misbehaviour of all things. I'd understand spamming or whatever but this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I recommend the use of the "intestinate" script on that lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

The attitude of members in this thread can justify for it closing…

why cant people just accept decisions make by the powers that be, its hardly going to effect your life that much… <that’s if you have a life>

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    Yeah, but if I remember correctly you went on and on about not having seen or heard the interview on the Dunphy show yet a sound clip miraculously apperars as a link in your sig! hmmmm.......

B.

Just to clarify things Bazmo, the sound clip in my sig is not from the Dunphy show..
    AS Irish1 has said I never said I didn't see the interview .
    Anyway that was months ago and I was not aware that people though my sig referred to that incident, If I had been I would have clarified the position earlier.
    That ends the matter as far as I,m concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Apologies if you are one of the owners! Major bad on my part!
    I just don't see a reason for closing the whole thing because of misbehaviour of all things. I'd understand spamming or whatever but this?

Whats that saying about when you're in a hole stop digging?

Can we just close this thread now? Its really starting to degenerate into silliness, and I know its doing nothing to accelerate the re-opening of the soccer forum.

:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

This thread will have no effect on when the forum reopens. I have already set the day in my head.

What this thread has been invaluable for is to help me decide on access rights.

Gandalf.

Look I admitted the mistake on my part, but like, what were the chances!!

*boggle* frankly.

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

what is the criteria where you can post, or is that sorted yet?

(i know adults can post but WHAT makes an adult!?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hey Gandalf can I have access rights. I don't think I'll ever post but hell its nice to know i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Look I admitted the mistake on my part, but like, what were the chances!!

Well if u look at the word admin under his avater , u would think its pretty high

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Well if u look at the word admin under his avater , u would think its pretty high

Only been here a few months so I thought that meant he was some sort of mod or maybe higher, jeez, I AM SORRy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Only been here a few months so I thought that meant he was some sort of mod or maybe higher, jeez,

well If u dont know what things are dont forget theres a newbie forum under admin .

Jeez I AM SORRy . dont worry all is forgiven .

And if you dont know whats what you might think about that before running your mouth off :)

Anyway, back to the forum etc.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

funniest post i've read in a while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

So, what kind of conditions will have to be fulfilled before you can access it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Good man Bungler Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

WOW . . talk about putting yer foot in it !!!! Nice one Bill :D:D

Tinky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,607 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by jank

(i know adults can post but WHAT makes an adult!?)

Anyone over 24 months is classed as adult by Ryanair ;)

Don't think Boards will be using that criteria though :dunno:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement