Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug experiences

Options
  • 26-02-2004 4:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Ok mods firstly if you find this inappropriate feel free to bin it

But what i want to know is what drug experiences have people had on lsd and the like , all drugs and intoxicants basically.
    I thought up of the idea when i heard this story about a guy the last day, he inhaled lighter fluid and the grill oven started talking to him saying you shouldn't be doing that!

Well not only are these stories funny most of the time but they may also prove as a deterant to people who may feel the urge to experiment
    Its an area that can be quite shady for some people that aren't in the know very much.

Just a thought anyway..

anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I smoked hash, had an epileptic seizure, fell down a flight of stairs and put my head through a plate glass window.

Needless to say, I give hash a wide berth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

ouch now that one wasn't funny
    were ya in hospital for long?
    must have been some serious ****

i know an epileptic girl that smokes too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Originally posted by Senor_Fudge
    were ya in hospital for long?

I dont remember.......

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

ahh back in the day....

Me and my mates all went to Feile every year. In '93 we all took trips on the Sunday, for most of the lads it was their 1st time. Anyways, some of us were chatting away bumbling around the campsite when one of the boys got a bit freaked out. He refused to say what was wrong, but after a bit of coaxing he admitted he was seeing freaky visuals, namely a giant club orange can floating in the sky. Cue much abuse and laughter from the rest of us, as the 'can' was a ****in promo balloon:D

worst experience - very very dodgy yokes called dollars. Cue 10 lads in the Ormond Multimedia centre falling apart at the seams. We laugh about it now but it wasn't funny at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

i first smoked a joint when i was 15 didnt get stoned though till i was 16(cause i coughed a lung up the first time) hash is a great experience, total relaxation, you become placid and happy, only bad side effects are munchies and paranoia.

embee they have actually found that mary jane is a good treatment for epilepsy, very unfortunate what happened

ive had valium before not that great you tend not to care about much very calm and collected, kinda fun at times

ive done nutmeg, Nutmeg you say? yes its wierd but it works you have to eat a jar of the stuff though and it tastes DISCUSTING!. also depends on your body weight aswell because its a toxin, basically its like being really really stoned, your eyes are 100% bloodshot, you can open them in stages, you cant go anywhere, its not like being stoned in that respect, it doesnt wear off when you go outside in to the cold like hash does.

ive done speed, not that great, basically your awake, for ages, you get really cool rushes every now and again but nothing special, lasts for absolutely ages

done cocaine (2 lines) got nothing from it didnt do it again incase i do get something from it the next time (very addictive stuff)

ecstacy makes your body produce seratonin, which is produced when you eat good food or when your happy scientists say that one ecstacy tablet is the equivalent eating 4 tonnes of chocolate

ecstacy is an unreal drug, its like nothing else you remember lots when your on it your mind goes 90mph instead of 5mph constantly thinking, i remember the first time perfectly was with 3 of my friends in my house id been threatening to take them for the last 6 months before that. took one and just kept chatting with the lads............
    bearly an hour passes and i started feeling wierd i moved my hands and it was like theyre tingling all over and moving in slow motion just a wierd feeling not the full whack yet.............
    minutes pass and then i just stared in to space, and i was like "actually... wait yeah.... wow!" started getting rushes to the brain. my spine and head felt elevated, like they were being pulled out of my body, i felt like all the super heroes rolled in to one, i felt in the best health id ever been in, but at the same time you realise your not superman, your not tripping there is a certain degree of control. everything is fine everything is fluid: motion, speech, touch, your running like a well oiled machine, and your mind is going 90mph. everything looks different but the same, mainly your thinking of how brilliant you feel and how everything around you is deadly its a real love buzz

their is a down side, when your on it your eyes go as wide as saucers, because your muscles start to tense up, your jaw goes and you have to start chewing, you dont want to eat, you have a horrible taste in your mouth and you get thirsty, dont drink beer youll get sick, you cant drink too much or two little cause youll either bust your kidneys or get dehydrated, the filter substances actually drain some of your spinal fluid.

youd want to be either in a comfortable room with some nice music or in bed asleep for the initial downer/scag

the affects last for a few days after you take it your on a bit of a downer you feel wierd almost withdrawn.

never done LSD or snowballs know a few people who have pretty wierd stories

edit: ps im dont advise anyone to take any drug unless they truly want to its your choice nobody can force you to do it and their is a bad side to every drug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Drugs and their effects ;)

downward.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Holy Jebus :eek:

Drugs are bad kids.....M'kay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I took an ecstacy tablet before, the come-up was awesome. And even the come-down was pleasurable in a relaxing way. (I drank plenty of water while I was up).

Smoked hash a good few times, always really relaxing, the business. Had a nightmare experience with it before, had mild paranoia and all my deep feelings came to the surface forcing me to talk through them and confront them, leaving me with a feeling like a load had been lifted off my chest. I talked to a drugs community worker about this and she said this feeling of lighter load was probably due to me coughing up some of my lungs, and she would use this story to educate kids about the dangers.

Originally posted by Exit
    Drugs and their effects ;)

downward.jpg
    shouldnt that be drug abuse and its effects?
    Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Kiddy fiddlers take drugs.
    good auld tilt you sure do come out with some intelligent comments

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I've only ever had hash and poppers... Hash is alright, it leaves you relaxed and you don't really care what is going on around you, the down side to it is the paranoia. I went all paranoid once when I smoked it from a beer bong and I havent smoked it since.

Poppers are mental, one sniff puts you off your head for 40-50 seconds, great if you want a quick high. Can give you severe headaches if you sniff too much of it at once though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Originally posted by Catsmokinpot

ive done nutmeg, Nutmeg you say? yes its wierd but it works you have to eat a jar of the stuff though and it tastes DISCUSTING!. also depends on your body weight aswell because its a toxin, basically its like being really really stoned, your eyes are 100% bloodshot, you can open them in stages, you cant go anywhere, its not like being stoned in that respect, it doesnt wear off when you go outside in to the cold like hash does.

What kind of ****ty hash are you smoking that it wears off outside! lol! :D

Get yourself some quality green man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Kiddy fiddlers take drugs.

rofl :D

You'll go blind too.

ohhh are we not a tad touchy..lad de dah...

Hit a nerve?

Don't take it out on me. I just heard that if you smoke enough hash you have a high chance of turning into a kiddy fiddler... thats if you were not one already.

Now I cant help you with the matter.... but I do recommend you seek professional help.

now thats sarcasm ROFL:D
    Originally posted by Kone
    What kind of ****ty hash are you smoking that it wears off outside! lol!

Get yourself some quality green man!

lol i dont mean totally soberd up but a bit clearer than you were when your in you nice cozy room with your mates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Don't take it out on me. I just heard that if you smoke enough hash you have a high chance of turning into a kiddy fiddler... thats if you were not one already.

Please tell me you're trolling!!

That picture of the girl turning to **** is very sad... :(

I've done pretty much everything, but have kind of "grown out of it".

Started with hash when I was 11, moved to solvents with my friends, then acid and E, then speed and coke. Stopped doing ANYTHING when I was about 21.

My friends who didn't stop, their lives are kind of... on hold. Nothing has changed for them in 10 years. Still working in shops and cafes.

I think if you're young and you can handle it, fair enough, but when it starts affecting your life (ambition = zero), it's time to grow up...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Im pretty much in the same boat as Johnny. I stopped doing most everything when i was in my early twenties and now apart from the odd daliance for special occasiions, drink is my only drug of choice.
    Originally posted by Johnny Versace

My friends who didn't stop, their lives are kind of... on hold. Nothing has changed for them in 10 years. Still working in shops and cafes.

I think if you're young and you can handle it, fair enough, but when it starts affecting your life (ambition = zero), it's time to grow up...

This is something thats never mentioned in all the "LEGALISE IT NOW" threads. While i have friends who enjoy using soft drugs for leisure and live vry succesful professional and personal lives, i also have a few mates as described above. I have absolutly no doubt that drugs play a large part in that lifestyle.

couldnt have put it better myself johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by Dustaz
    This is something thats never mentioned in all the "LEGALISE IT NOW" threads. While i have friends who enjoy using soft drugs for leisure and live vry succesful professional and personal lives, i also have a few mates as described above. I have absolutly no doubt that drugs play a large part in that lifestyle.

That's actually something I saw in an American/Canadian anti-drugs ad. It was just a 15 year old kid saying "My brother has been doing X (probably marijuana, can't remember) for years. But he never turned to crime, he never etc. etc..... In fact, he never did anything. At all." And it shows the older brother sitting in the basement staring at the television.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

did magic mushrooms once.

ended up petting a wall as i thought it was a monkey, was told this after it wore off by a m8.

also friend of mine was certain he had a beard and was stroking his chin all night saying "lads , so do you really like my beard" , i came accross him in the bathrooms staring at the mirror trying to lose his reflection also. hehe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    Please tell me you're trolling!!

That picture of the girl turning to **** is very sad... :(

I've done pretty much everything, but have kind of "grown out of it".

Started with hash when I was 11, moved to solvents with my friends, then acid and E, then speed and coke. Stopped doing ANYTHING when I was about 21.

That picture of the girl is from www.rotten.com , hardly a reputable source.

As for life on hold, I'm a relatively drug free person (could count the number of times I did drugs on my fingers), hardly drink, bursting with ambition, yet my life is still pretty much on hold. ****ing country, impossible to get a break when you're just starting out in life. Perhaps with the drugs your friends use I could at least find contentment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Me and a friend of mine smoked about 6 joints each in a row a few years back. I was feeling like a million dollars for a while but my mate went blind for about an hour. We were walking downtown back home when it happened. I had to lead him home whilst trying not to pi$$ myself laughing. This was at about 4pm on a saturday afternoon too, so it wasn't as though we weren't seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

Mercury_Tilt
    Apparently it makes you homosexually inclined. Not kiddie fiddler inclined.

Please don't turn this into a flame war

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I've smoked a good few joints in my day and yeah... they grand. Nice and relaxing, everything is super cool and theres no problem. It does leave me a bit lethargic the next day.

A while back myself and some people crushed up some "yokes" (i think thats what they were) and snorted 'em...buzzin man buzzin! Had a deadly night. Apparently i was out in the kitchen talking at 100mph with a mate about nothing who was also in the same state. I do remember the conversation, but nothing stuck out about it afterwards other than we had a good laugh chatting.

Did cocaine once, like a previous poster, it didn't do much for me and haven't been pushed to try it again.

And yes, you can become a complete waste of space if you allow yourself to become dependant on hash - had a friend do that not too long ago.... serious waster he was. Somedays he could barely dress himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

try hash and weed, both on a pretty regular basis... gave up drink around sept/oct of last year.

took shrooms about... 2 halloweens ago, coming out of the nightclub.. ran into a guy i know , me "I've got hash" him "I've got shrooms" both of us "yaay". so had an interesting night there, spent the night in his car listening to enigma - mcmxc a.d and watched the patterns flow behind my eyelids. i remember texting people saying i could see the music.. that i was the music.. ****ing brilliant night

ecstacy I've taken 5 or 6 times since the end of the latest summer, and.. I dunno if I'm going to take it again. it's fun, real fun... but it loses it's buzz after a while and you never get the same rush you get from your first few times. if a new scenario comes up (we usually take em and chill out in someones room), like going outside when the weather warms up.. going to a dance festival, or taking them abroad I'll probably take them again.. but for now I think I'm through with pills, in Ireland anyway.

tried salvia once, but didn't smoke it right and just got funny little visions behind my eyelids for a few minutes.

i think.. that's about it... hopefully eventually I'll be able to add acid to my list of tried and tested drugs :)

Has anyone tried smoking tea leaves or banana skins??? I remember a mate and I sitting in a ditch trying to smoke these. Was totally ridiculous :D

And no... it didn't work :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

hash is cool, grass better. Used to get it over in France off the arabs and that was class stuff but i'm back in Ireland since September and eventhough i've been fairly wrecked a few times its just not the same. never tried anything else eventhough most of my friends in college want to, i dont. No a few lads at home who've lost alot of thier ambition and drive from over doing the stuff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

erm.. I've smoked tea bags.. but only because it was handed to me and I didn't know any better at the time :P

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mordeth
    erm.. I've smoked tea bags.. but only because it was handed to me and I didn't know any better at the time :P

Tea BAGS???????????

LOL!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement