Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Very Nice. Finally got your Colnago eh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

furiousox wrote: »
    Latest addition to the family..
    Colnago C40 with 9 spd Dura-Ace groupset.
    Not quite roadworthy yet but very nearly there.

nice, chainstays are cool

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Golfanatic wrote: »
    how much was this frame? dod you get it from hongfu bikes

Yep got the frame from hong fu - worked out at 440 including shipping, bars, stem and Headset (headset will be upgraded at some stage)..Very happy with the quality, design, shape and weight of the bars.
    Seatstays are mad thin lookin-like cervelo.Have a pedal foce RS frame meself-rear end is the opposite-big mad beefy builders arse on it...450 dolla,no logo
    cant complain

Ye the seatstays look pretty narrow from the side view but they are elptical shape, and slighty fatter when looking form behind, I was concerned that they might be weak or flexy but they seem solid so far...
    Lumen wrote: »
    Who/where did you get the wheels from? I thought all full carbon Gigantex rims were tubular.

I actually got the wheels through a contact of Jenny from hong fu bikes, I also found him on Alibaba - the dude ('Stephen Cai') is a rep for goto bike, http://www.gotobike.com.cn/, their rims come from gigantex,I was worried that dealing with him could be dodgy (lots of fraud from Alibaba etc), did my research and everything seemed to check out, but as extra security I got him to post the wheelset on ebay, bought them via best offer and payed via paypal for protection.

BTW check out some of the TT frames on the goto bike site, I personlly would be tempted by

http://www.gotobike.com.cn/gs_detail.asp?id=500392&nowmenuid=500006&previd=500027

also the new PX TT frame is on there. TT frames would work out at less than 450 beans delivered IIRC...I have the full goto bike catalogue in an email if anybody wants a look PM me ill email it on

gman2k wrote: »
    nice, chainstays are cool

Agreed.They look extremly slick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ruimar

@trinewbie - did you get caught by customs for the frame etc from hongfu?

• Advertisement

ruimar wrote: »
    @trinewbie - did you get caught by customs for the frame etc from hongfu?

Nope - had frame marked as $50 value anyhow just in case..for some reason I only seem to get stung when I have stuff coming from the US, never the far eastm unless its elctronic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Not mine.

destiny02.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Not arguing about advantages if Ti frames. But they look all wrong. Fugly as hell IMO.
    Where is the paint ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ROK ON wrote: »
    Not arguing about advantages if Ti frames. But they look all wrong. Fugly as hell IMO. Where is the paint ffs?

I think you have it the wrong way round. There is lots of arguing about the limited advantages of Ti frames over the technically superior plastic alternatives, but they do look lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

ROK ON wrote: »
    Not arguing about advantages if Ti frames. But they look all wrong. Fugly as hell IMO.
    Where is the paint ffs?
    Personal preference. The lack of a boundary paint layer promotes a one-ness with the bike. It's almost a Zen thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

Lumen, what brand/model is that?

Edit: Forget that, found it from the pic properties. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

trinewbie wrote: »
    Nope - had frame marked as $50 value anyhow just in case..for some reason I only seem to get stung when I have stuff coming from the US, never the far eastm unless its elctronic stuff

It don't matter what the seller declares the value of the goods as, the customs will ignore that.
    If they see a box containing a CF frame, they know it's worth more than €place silly low number here.
    BTW, the actual threshold value is €22, and that includes shipping costs!

Before Xmas, there was a big crackdown on goodies in the post from outside the EU.
    Seems to have subsided a little since, maybe a work to rule by the customs lads perhaps?;)

PS, does anyone have the link to the hongfu ebay shop?
    Cheers

thanks I was already at the bikebicycle99 shop page - never knew it was hongfu.
    the other hongfu-bikes.com link won't work for me (works on http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com though.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Golfanatic

http://www.e-hongfu-bikes.com/ heres the new one i emailed them esarlier you can order from that

shipping is like 70 dolla its cheaper on ebay dow

IMG00152-20100330-1556.jpg
    IMG00151-20100330-1555.jpg
    carbon3.2.jpg
    crabon%204.2.jpg
    carbon%205.2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

More stealth bikes, very nice

This might be the next biggest thing after Planet X

got mine a good while ago just took me a bleedin' age to build it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I might for next winter have a look at one, get off my old alu orbea the thing weighs about 10kg with mud guards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Nice bike. One thing though, are the shifters level or is it just an optical trick of the photo angle?

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Nice bike. One thing though, are the shifters level or is it just an optical trick of the photo angle?
    sweet baby jebus nothing gets past yis does it :).Only moved them today

Very nice bcmf. What type of Ambrosio rims are those?

jees i better hurry up with mine before it does turn in to the next planet x i dont even have the frame :( but hopefully soon enough

bbosco wrote: »
    Very nice bcmf. What type of Ambrosio rims are those?

got them off furiosox and I gotta say I love them. Ambrosio ws23 on Miche/Bianchi hubs. Where they came from you gotta ask him.

bcmf wrote: »
    got them off furiosox and I gotta say I love them. Ambrosio ws23 on Miche/Bianchi hubs. Where they came from you gotta ask him.

Nice - I like the spoke pattern. I have Ambrosio Excellight rims which look very similar but are standard 32h rather 14x2.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭morninwood

not mine. a little brightness after all the stealth bikes. probably a nightmare to keep clean though.

evolve_disc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

CBPXNAT_P1.jpg

I like the new Nanolight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

I bought this from 'sexpot' on here. Handbuilt 531 db by Wes who sent me over original decals and headbadge. Himself a professional road racer who won a gold medal in the '62 at the commonwealth games, in Perth I think. Campagnolo dropouts. Original Suntour Superbe brakeset, Cinneli bars and Campagnolo record shift levers. Suntour Superbe hubs on Mavic Monthlery tubs with stainless db spokes. Sugino BB & SR crankset. San Marco seatpost & saddle. A lot of work on this one !
    Before:
    109519.jpg
    109517.jpg

After:

109520.JPG
    109521.JPG
    109522.JPG

Advertisement