Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has happened to Three?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭lukin

Has this issue been resolved for anyone? I'm well over a month trying to get access to my3 or the website with no luck. I've tried every browser, Incognito mode, cache clear etc to no avail.
    I've reset my password umpteen times but nothing works. Even their Text codes to 50272 don't do anything. I'm really sick of it at this stage.

I have had this as well. I am effing sick of it too. I can't even send a pm to the Three mods on the forum. I registered on it with another SIM (not the one I want to get on My3 with as that doesn't let me). I got "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."
    It's unbelievable. If you get sorted could you send me a pm?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What are you doing besides trying to check account balance on the app or website, you can top up any sim or check the balance through the ivr at 1913, just put in the 083 number your calling about which can be done from any phone. Works for broadband and phone sims.

What are you doing besides trying to check account balance on the app or website, you can top up any sim or check the balance through the ivr at 1913, just put in the 083 number your calling about which can be done from any phone. Works for broadband and phone sims.

You can download your bills and check for an upgrade which is what I mainly use it for (or used to used it for).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

lukin wrote: »
    You can download your bills and check for an upgrade which is what I mainly use it for (or used to used it for).

Until things get fixed your best bet is a shop to do either. I'd say it should be sorted shortly though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Until things get fixed your best bet is a shop to do either. I'd say it should be sorted shortly though.

And it will break again just a soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I was having issues getting registered for My3. After multiple attempts at getting registered myself it kept telling me I need to register again. Eventually I contacted 3 support via online web chat and they resolved my issue within a few minutes. Issues happen and sometimes contacting support is required. I had a good experience and my issue was resolved.

The following day I was having issues purchasing anything from the 3 store via carrier billing. This managed to resolve itself somehow and I was able to make further purchases via 3 billing.

A few days later, I'm now having issues stating that I have exceeded my billing limit and can no longer purchase anything via carrier billing, even though I've only spent something like 16 euro in the past 30 days, and maybe 60 euro in total this calendar year. Apparently my issue has been escalated to the tech team, whatever that means.

I guess the point I'm making.. Some people in this thread just seem to want a good rant and threaten to leave the network etc.. Have you tried contacting support and politely explaining your issue? I emphasise politely, because the tone of some posts on here makes me question how polite some people are.

Yes - there are issues going on - But I am confident that the network will sort it out given enough time. Unfortunately the front line staff in support don't have control over anything and don't deserve the abuse that I can only image they are getting on a daily basis from angry customers.

Also the new app is actually pretty nice when you get it working :)

Good features:
    • UI is clean and usable
    • Built-in support chat available
    • Can see complete allowances, expiry dates, etc.

The bad:
    • Top up doesn't work for me - Keeps giving me an error
    • Lacking features that some people might find necessary (PUK retrieval, web texts, etc..)
    • No option to view Play Store billing / text billing charges
    • No charge history to see where your credit went

It's not all doom and gloom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Danger781 wrote: »
    Yes - there are issues going on - But I am confident that the network will sort it out given enough time

It’s been months to be fair. And they acknowledge there’s been an error on their behalf with that ‘we understand some have had issues...’

Myself, I contacted chat and after over an hour they disconnected the chat as it was ‘going nowhere’. Their words

I also complained on twitter and they replied asking me to DM them on 28 April. They didn’t reply until 14 May when I (publicly) prodded them. My issue was sent to their technical team as they couldn’t fix it and I was told they’d be back in 5 days

Still not fixed.

Their customer service is very poor but the product is fine. If they hadn’t have messed up the My3 part of the website, I’d have no issues at all. All I want to do is give them money (top up online) but they won’t let me...

I guess the point I'm making.. Some people in this thread just seem to want a good rant and threaten to leave the network etc.. Have you tried contacting support and politely explaining your issue? I emphasise politely, because the tone of some posts on here makes me question how polite some people are.

Yes - there are issues going on - But I am confident that the network will sort it out given enough time. Unfortunately the front line staff in support don't have control over anything and don't deserve the abuse that I can only image they are getting on a daily basis from angry customers.

Yes I have tried contacting them; they are absolutely useless, they have never fixed a single issue for me. My problem was quite straightforward: I was not allowed log in to MY3 because when I used my mobile number as my username on the login screen it told me I had changed my account so that my username was now my email address, not my mobile number. So I entered my email address and it told me that it didn't recognise that email address (I also tried the two other email addresses that I have).
    Very simple problem yet the agent was unable to fix it for me. I was polite and courteous throughout the chat session I had with him (or her).

• Advertisement

Yes I have tried contacting them; they are absolutely useless, they have never fixed a single issue for me. My problem was quite straightforward: I was not allowed log in to MY3 because when I used my mobile number as my username on the login screen it told me I had changed my account so that my username was now my email address, not my mobile number. So I entered my email address and it told me that it didn't recognise that email address (I also tried the two other email addresses that I have).
    Very simple problem yet the agent was unable to fix it for me. I was polite and courteous throughout the chat session I had with him (or her).

Try again. This is exactly what was happening to me:
    * Log in with 'old' account with my username as my mobile I got a message stating I need to upgrade my account / re-register

* Complete the registration process. Receive an email stating registration complete with a note advising me to wait up to 12 hours for the new account to be active.

* When I log in using my new credentials it tells me my account is not recognised.

* Log back into my old account. Return to step 1.

--

It was infinite loop. I asked the agent on the chat to complete the registration for me. It took him quite a few attempts and I had to supply a few verification codes to him, but it worked eventually.

I've had my fair share of bad agents, but they aren't all bad.

Try again. This is exactly what was happening to me:
    * Log in with 'old' account with my username as my mobile I got a message stating I need to upgrade my account / re-register
    I didn't get this message when I logged in. I got this message:
    "Account already upgraded
    You've recently updated your My3 profile. Your email address is now your username and you have updated your password.

Please login with your new details.

Your mobile number is no longer your username."

I did not upgrade my account at any stage.
    * Complete the registration process. Receive an email stating registration complete with a note advising me to wait up to 12 hours for the new account to be active.
    When I try to re-register using my mobile number it tells me it is already in use.
    * When I log in using my new credentials it tells me my account is not recognised.

* Log back into my old account. Return to step 1.

--

It was infinite loop. I asked the agent on the chat to complete the registration for me. It took him quite a few attempts and I had to supply a few verification codes to him, but it worked eventually.

I've had my fair share of bad agents, but they aren't all bad.

I took one last shot at the chat support. The guy told me that because I am registered with a mobile number I have to be de-registered but that takes 7-10 days and after that I can re-register again with my email address as my username. F##k knows why they want everyone using their email address as their username and why they didn't tell us that.
    I'd say I won't be able to log in either when they de-register me, I'd lay money on it in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 L.Riley

I am so done with Three at this point. I've been trying to access my account for three weeks already. I've managed to re-register and validate my email, but still was unable to log in. I've tried everything at this point - different browsers, clearing cookies, incognito mode, a different computer altogether - I still can't access the damn thing. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, I waited for the issue to be resolved, but no. And don't get me started on how bad their new system is from a security pov.

Vodafone it is then. I'd rather pay an arm and a leg than deal with this bullcrap any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I got sent a message yesterday about having reached 90% of my defined credit limit. Never got it before, rang them and they dont know why it was sent. Apparently it is just random, eh nope. Anyhows hopefully sorted. It took nearly 5 weeks to sort out account access so hopefully no more hiccups

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

L.Riley wrote: »
    Vodafone it is then. I'd rather pay an arm and a leg than deal with this bullcrap any longer.

I'm glad for you that have a choice (Vodafone phones go dead when they go through our area)!

I eventually figured out how to top up our devices (no thanks to the way Three organised the option system via phone). Just as well, with communication with the outside world fairly important to cocooning over-70s in a rural area (one with pre-existing medical issues).

We still need to regain access to My3 soon though, so I'll just have to make time to get back into the fray! (In between finishing our exit from Eircom.net email, choosing a new laptop and other urgent things.....).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭funnyname

Was thinking of moving back to 3 payg as their coverage is better where I live, however just looking at their packages, am I right in thinking that for new users when you top up by €20 you don't get to keep that credit anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

funnyname wrote: »
    Was thinking of moving back to 3 payg as their coverage is better where I live, however just looking at their packages, am I right in thinking that for new users when you top up by €20 you don't get to keep that credit anymore?

Correct

I took one last shot at the chat support. The guy told me that because I am registered with a mobile number I have to be de-registered but that takes 7-10 days and after that I can re-register again with my email address as my username. F##k knows why they want everyone using their email address as their username and why they didn't tell us that.
    I'd say I won't be able to log in either when they de-register me, I'd lay money on it in fact.

I let the 7 to 10 day elapse and tried again; I am able to log in now, I was able to re-register and set my email address as my username.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,321 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Tempora wrote: »
    I can no longer spend my credit from the prepay offer in the Play Store, it's disabled as a payment option with the red letters "Unavailable".
    It told me I need to re-register online for their new system which I attempted to do.

I was disgusted when it told me my password had to be between 6 and 10 characters. Is this supposed to be a new system? Who developed this junk? I'm assuming some €1/hour outsourced development shop. It then locked up after I clicked Next and I haven't received any email/text message with a registration code. Trying to sign in at this point it tells me to check my email and I'm just "one step away" but there's nothing there. It furthermore says to "click here" if you haven't received your email which is just another link to the login form to do the exact same thing to you.

Is Three dead? Should I be switching to GoMo? I'm hesitant to touch anything with even a ten foot pole that's remotely connected to Eir based on the nightmarish customer service tales I've heard, but it looks like Three may be no better at this point. Maybe I need to splash out the cash for a Vodafone plan? Are there any carriers left in Ireland that give a **** about customer service and building a platform with competent developers?

it has always been thus

what makes you think otherwise?

Hutchison are in many countries around the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Has three changed apps? It looks like I need the my three app instead of the my three account app. Also I can't log in and can't get anyone to talk to on phone. Did they not have a chat service on there website before. Sure I seen a pop up. How do log in now.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Has three changed apps? It looks like I need the my three app instead of the my three account app. Also I can't log in and can't get anyone to talk to on phone. Did they not have a chat service on there website before. Sure I seen a pop up. How do log in now.
    Welcome to the club! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭greenfield21

I was having issues getting registered for My3. After multiple attempts at getting registered myself it kept telling me I need to register again. Eventually I contacted 3 support via online web chat and they resolved my issue within a few minutes. Issues happen and sometimes contacting support is required. I had a good experience and my issue was resolved.

The following day I was having issues purchasing anything from the 3 store via carrier billing. This managed to resolve itself somehow and I was able to make further purchases via 3 billing.

A few days later, I'm now having issues stating that I have exceeded my billing limit and can no longer purchase anything via carrier billing, even though I've only spent something like 16 euro in the past 30 days, and maybe 60 euro in total this calendar year. Apparently my issue has been escalated to the tech team, whatever that means.

Can someone direct me to the three online web chat quoted in this post, I can't find it on mobile website. Thanks. I can't actually get through to a real person unless I say I'm interested in an offer on the pop up. Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

Can someone direct me to the three online web chat quoted in this post, I can't find it on mobile website. Thanks. I can't actually get through to a real person unless I say I'm interested in an offer on the pop up. Very annoying
    https://www.three.ie/contact-us/

Via 2 clicks on three.ie. Scroll to the bottom of the page...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I'm on a contract till next April so reluctantly staying with them. After that will probably go to Tesco. What are peoples' experiences with the latter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I moved a phone from Tesco as they kept dropping the signal making phone unusable and werent able to solve the problem. The service was desperate.

Anyone else find that their new My3 account has somehow been unregistered again? I haven't been able to log in for about a week now. Contacted 3 via web chat and they have no record of me ever existing. Baffling.

I've been using the semi-functional app for weeks now and out of the blue my account no longer exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

On and off all the time. Problem I found was when I was logging in from a Tablet or a Computer unless I made the window really small.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

I've been using the semi-functional app for weeks now and out of the blue my account no longer exists.
    I've never tried this app - does it help with the re-registering? (And is it available before registration?)

I stopped trying companies' phone apps long ago, as they don't seem to add anything going to their website doesn't do - quite the reverse! (But then I hate mobile views anyway, and can always zoom in to the full site when necessary).

• Advertisement

Fogmatic wrote: »
    I've never tried this app - does it help with the re-registering? (And is it available before registration?)

I stopped trying companies' phone apps long ago, as they don't seem to add anything going to their website doesn't do - quite the reverse! (But then I hate mobile views anyway, and can always zoom in to the full site when necessary).

The app is crap, it's basically a web browser view of the site built in to the app rather than adding functionality.. most options don't work

Advertisement