It's all doom and gloom on the main thread but what are the positives surrounding the Covid19 coronavirus?
Top of my head...
- More employers will start working-from-home policies (where possible) and there will much less stigma around it in the future
- People will get to spend more time with their families and local communities this Spring
- Due to home working, there will be less traffic congestion on the roads and less people commuting for excessive hours every week
- People will develop better hygiene practices
- People will eat healthier, drink less and sleep more in order to build up their immune system
- The reduction in economic activity will have a positive effect on the environment and help countries meet their climate change targets
- Less pointless consumerism
- Food retailers will make increased profits due to stockpiling (much of which will probably get binned in the long run)
- The number of people that contract flu this year will diminish due to better hygiene standards at all levels
- We will finally fully acknowledge how inadequate our health service is and perhaps do something meaningful about it
- We may even get a national government who will focus on fixing major problems in Ireland rather than votes in the next election7
- People will eat more locally produced food