Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Death Cult

Options
  • 14-01-2020 2:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭

This video is one of the most incredible things I have watched. Vegans literally dying in front of the camera as they tell us how healthy they are.

https://youtu.be/97Wry4ppywQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They all seem to be suffering from some type of mental illness. "Vibrations around me",like wtf are they on about.
    Some of them look like they suffer from anorexia, especially yer one who likes warm water and has to get implants instead of just eating some food.

father-jack-gif-1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Veganism to me is as unnatural as celibacy for priests.

So, so extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That was worse than watching their animal cruelty propaganda videos
    They need to be put out of their misery or at least rescued from this inhumanity
    As for the kids, shame on those parents

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

So stupid. You can be fat if you eat enough , and vegan diet is no exception, whats stopping somebody eating dozens of avocados or loads of olive oil or nuts or seeds which have huge amounts of calories? Theres no reason why a vegan diet would lead to malnourishment because of this bizarre anecdotal video

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

There has never been a vegan society on earth ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Beeping Kitchen Appliances

They were always going to meat a tragic end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

MrAbyss wrote: »

And?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

wakka12 wrote: »
    So stupid. You can be fat if you eat enough , and vegan diet is no exception, whats stopping somebody eating dozens of avocados or loads of olive oil or nuts or seeds which have huge amounts of calories? Theres no reason why a vegan diet would lead to malnourishment because of this bizarre anecdotal video

I don't find it bizarre at all. Disturbing more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Yeah eating highly processed foods and no one ever said that was bad for you...or making lettuce tasty to eat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Sad and disturbing, especially seeing emaciated people in the western world. People who are probably well educated and well off and who could be healthy with counselling. I think that some of them are using veganism as a side door into anorexia.

I would see veganism being gone or no longer the saviour of humanity in a generation or two. Most of those in that and other videos will probably not be able to reproduce (good or bad thing?) - either due to hormonal problems/premature menopause or that they will simply be dead.

Granted, a more plant based diet is preferred but the extremists are taking it to stupid extremes.......hence the name.

.....and the parents of those little kids (7/9 years old) should be jailed and their children put into care.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

That's true. There's a condition called Orthorexia. It seems to be common amongst certain types of diets
    People who suffer from Ortherexia fixate on eating only certain foods that make them feel as though they are healthy. For example, they might cut foods from their diet that contain animal products, fat, sugar, salt, pesticides, artificial colors, and/or preservatives. If you read that list and thought, 'Well what's wrong with that?,' you’re not alone. However, the real issue with Orthorexia is more related to the thinking or psychology behind one’s food choices, rather than what one is actually eating.

https://www.theflamingvegan.com/view-post/The-Dangers-of-Orthorexia

Dunno but I would suspect a good number in that video at least meet some of the criteria for the condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Dopes
    In need of a good rasher sambo

Good vegan is a big missed steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm sure I could make a compilation of morbidly obese people on scooters and respirators and claim that it's evidence of how dangerous a non-vegan diet is.

It'd be exactly as valid as the video in the op, and exactly as nonsensical.

Kind of odd how people who have a problem with veganism are far louder and more obsessed about it than vegans themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Each to their own with veganism, but it does well at attracting all sort of whack jobs who are somewhere on the spectrum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

seamus wrote: »
    Kind of odd how people who have a problem with veganism are far louder and more obsessed about it than vegans themselves.

I wholeheartedly disagree.
    Any vegans I know make it their mission to ensure everyone else knows.

Much like a religion: each to their own. It's not what floats my boat, but if it's what you're in to, go for your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

What a bunch of freaks ... and the kids ??? terrible ... child abuse right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lurching wrote: »
    I wholeheartedly disagree.
    Any vegans I know make it their mission to ensure everyone else knows
    We'll have to agree to disagree then. All the vegans I know, keep it to themselves.

But I see no end people of posting stuff about how much the like meat and getting really angry about vegans. Out of 20 posts on this thread, 16 of them are people making sure everyone know how much they dslike veganism, and none of them are vegans "making sure everyone else knows". Kind of suggests that your experience is way outside of the norm.

There is a poster on this thread who is absolutely obsessed with it and cannot help but post massive diatribes against any vegan or vegetarian diet at every opportunity on this site.

I have never seen a vegan or vegetarian as obsessed about it as this guy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Is seeking out videos that make you angry something people do these days? Bizarre.

Huge amount of anger in the world at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What about those nutjobs who eat nothing but meat? I think Jordan Peterson is one of those guys. Cant be good for the old colon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

What about those nutjobs who eat nothing but meat? I think Jordan Peterson is one of those guys. Cant be good for the old colon.

All meat eaters are like that. Meat eating is a fad that will die out in a generation or two. All meat eaters are nut jobs.

See how easy this is folks? I'm not a vegan myself but I'm also not an idiot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I only found out recently that vegans don't eat honey because its produced by bees.

Imagine a life without honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Obviously the sentence "Balanced diet" doesn't apply to some people.

How can anyone posing while looking emaciated think it's healthy unless there is some underlying mental health problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

seamus wrote: »
    We'll have to agree to disagree then. All the vegans I know, keep it to themselves. But I see no end people of posting stuff about how much the like meat and getting really angry about vegans. Out of 20 posts on this thread, 16 of them are people making sure everyone know how much they dslike veganism, and none of them are vegans "making sure everyone else knows". Kind of suggests that your experience is way outside of the norm.There is a poster on this thread who is absolutely obsessed with it and cannot help but post massive diatribes against any vegan or vegetarian diet at every opportunity on this site.
    I have never seen a vegan or vegetarian as obsessed about it as this guy is.

Yet here you are ranting against anyone making a comment. Lol

Funny how let's say those constantly attacking farming dont get the same kick. Odd that no?

I certainly dont see any massive diatribe or anyone 'getting really angry' about - my own comment linked to a piece (on a vegsn website) that can effect people with a range of diets but could possibly explain the video footage imo. Actually correction - the ones getting really angry are those commenting on those commenting on the video!

Yup last time I checked this is boards and shock horror people post stuff. Maybe best report it if you think its outside ToU or otherwise rather than throwing crap around at all and sundry no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not into the vegan diet myself but you could easily get a video of meat eaters montage and show them all getting cancer and dying of obesity etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ludicrous video. How many bits of film had to be thrown aside cos it didn't match the ideology of the person who made it?

Oh wait - a clue is posted by sv3rige himself.
    It took me 37 days of hard work to make this.

How many of the people have other lives which we know nothing of, for all the viewer knows a given subject could be a vegan and just had cancer or M.E. or is an undiagnosed type 1 diabetic as some random examples. Maybe their parents died horribly and they are in shock. Who knows I don't because the examples are context free.

I think I'll compile a list of fat sweating fckers who eat plates of meat with that inane smile that roadside diners tend to have.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

MrAbyss wrote: »

Jains would be pretty close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

The autism thing sounds bizarre. But there is an antioxidant only found in meat for which a study suggested a mitigating effect on autism. Carnisine I think. Not sure if it's right and you can get supplements for it cheaply anyway.

The same antioxidant has a protective effect against the formation of advanced glycation endproducts. However not eating meat would lead to fewer of them being formed anyway, so it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. Unless you don't eat meat and supplement with it - then it's twelve and zero.

Stupid video alright. I turned it off when the 17 year old was flexing her biceps because why would I want to watch that sh!t?

I'll put up pictures of myself when I was vegetarian 2.5 years ago and now at least 2.5 stone heavier. Clear evidence that eating meat makes you fat and nothing to do with separate massive lifestyle changes that that led to me not exercising or sleeping much and eating lots of convenience food.

Not really putting up pics of myself, so take your hands out of your pants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Did you know the person who made this video is in favour of allowing murder and rape of humans to be legal as it's natural?

Advertisement