Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CoffeeImpala

Disposable card not showing for me on the cards tab but it looks like I can generate a new one by going into add card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

My disposable card disappeared, but I still have the option to create a new one. Maybe they have a short expiry time for extra security

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭beachhead

First cash I bring is usually a float or a judgement about how cash I will need in the first few days or hours.I will look up sites for exchange rates then shop for better rate in 2/3 places every 2 weeks or 1 month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭beachhead

Tapped on "get cards".The virtual disposable is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭feargantae

Not to derail the thread but imo once their dictator is inevitably re-elected the Lira will likely take another dip as it's done when he polled well the first time. That'd be a good time to buy some Lira, imo.

I wouldn't even bother with cash since they're very card friendly over there, in my experience anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Set up a mortgage DD from new joint account, is showing as a one off?

I actually need to cancel it and pay by standing order instead (**** PTSB system). When I try to hit the manage direct debit button it doesn't do anything....is that because it's a one off (even though it shouldn't have been?)

Will watch a few more of the so called one off DDs to see if they go through for a second month before the next mortgage repayment is due. The only DD to show as recurring is Revenue for property tax?

I have a similar issue, only the internet is showing as a recurring payment

I wonder if a few payments have to go through for it to be counted as recurring

So how do you cancel it until the 'manage direct debit' option works I wonder?

Am actually trying to access help via the app but can only seem to do so whole in my personal account (not joint?)

Yeah the manage direct debit button doesn't work for me for the payments that think they're a one off

The recurring one has the cancel button available

If you've cancelled the direct debit with PTSB then it shouldn't take any money from your account. Direct debit isn't like a fixed transfer every month, it's an authorisation for someone to take money once a month. So if they take nothing the direct debit it still there, it'll just be inactive

Yeah the property tax one is recurring and the manage button works (that takes you s screen where you can cancel it). Not sure I trust PTSB to actually not take money again using the DD!

Might try the Revolut help and see if they can cancel it. Do you know how to use the help function on a joint account as I can only access from my sole and when I try to select a transaction it only shows them from my sole account (not joint).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 apm0003

I am still waiting to be switched to an Irish IBAN. I still have the Lithuanian one LTxxx. I have a personal account and tax residency shows as Ireland in my account details. I have supplied any required ID docs plus PPS no. in the past confirming I am an Irish citizen with an address here.

I keep seeing statements from Revolut in the media announcing all their personal customers have been migrated to Irish IBANs. When I ask Revolut support I just get told I'll receive an email notifying me when the change will happen if I am eligible.

Anyone else in this position ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Bit of an update to this, I think after marking as a subscription payment then Revolut will need to see 3 payments of the same amount around the same time to count it as a payment that can be included in a pocket

One of my recurring payments just hit that threshold and I can now add it to a pocket where I couldn't before

Another one only has 2 payments of the same amount so it isn't showing up when I try adding stuff to the pocket. When it comes out later this month it should be at 3 payments and can be added

Some merchants are obviously known to Revolut (e.g. Amazon prime or Spotify) so it seems to automatically include them as subscriptions

On the direct debit thing, some of my so called 'one off"' payments have gone through a second time and are now classed as 'monthly' although with the exception of Revenue still can't send any (not that I need too).

Bit disappointed the app treats these so strangely....

For the one I need cancelled, got it done via in the app help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Still no joy with the credit card payment account unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

In the same boat. Even asked if my account was eligible and they said it was. I wish they would at least give some form of timeline for when they would be finished

Would it be a hassel to close your account then the next day open a new one (with IE IBAN).

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Between shared vaults and group bills it would be a pain yeah. I did think about doing it but more hassle than it's worth

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Deleted

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭feargantae

Anyone any experience claiming off Revolut insurance? In particular the travel insurance? Wondering what the experience was like.

• Advertisement

Presumably you deal with the underwriters claims team and not Revolut (like all banks who sell insurance)?

Another Monday, another price watch article from Conor Pope bashing Revolut (they don't have any phone support you see).

I'm no cheerleader for them but in this case the customer got tricked into authorizing a transfer from someone on the phone pretending to be from Revolut (and that's after she clicked on a link and by her own admission couldn't be arsed logging into the proper Electric Ireland portal to check).

Jesus Christ

"The headline reads...A €10,000 Revolut scam: He had an Irish accent and said his name was Andrew"

Why is this specifically a Revolut scam, they didn't do it? Would it be the same if the customers bank was AIB?

Is Conor Pope yet again bashing newcomers to the market so people are too scared to moved away from the legacy banks who have lots of advertising in the Irish Times ?!?

https://www.irishtimes.com/your-money/2023/06/05/sinister-scam-sees-10000-stolen-in-minutes-as-criminal-chats-casually-to-victim/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I don't see any agenda against Revolut here. It's the now standard warning to take a breath after getting a shock message, not to click links and go about your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

"I did think about going to my Electric Ireland account to verify all is above board but thought what a pain" not as painful as losing 10k for being completely idiotic, who thinks to themselves this might be a scam, I'll crush on anyway

Except these articles from this person seem weekly.

Not to mention after the fact she got a call from "Andrew from Revolut" telling her she needed to authorise the €5k payment to block it

I can understand getting stung the first time, scammers tend to target people in the evening when they're likely to be tired and distracted and won't scrutinise things

But getting busted again later after realising it's a scam. Talk about hitting rock bottom and then trying to dig deeper

And €24k in her current account? What the hell, is she going to suddenly go and buy a new car? Put it in a vault to stop the account being charged

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Hey Gang, hoping someone can help with this. I use my AIB debit card to top up my Revolut. Card expired on May 31st and I got a new one, same details, just an updated expiry date and CVV. I've deleted the old card from the app but any time I try to top up with the new one it just goes into "Auth for Card - pending" and then gets declined a minute or two later. It's driving me scatty. Anyone any ideas? Revolut's "help" amounted to "Contact your bank, we can't help you" but I can 100% guarantee that if I ring AIB they'll tell me the issue is with Revolut.

The new card is working perfectly everywhere else, just for the record.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Same happens me with an expired PTSB debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭runwithme

This happened me in the last week. I had to phone AIB and they have to authorise your card to be used on Revolut. Not sure why but it’s working now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Qrt

I’ve come across this a few times online, I’ve heard removing it and readding it can work. Otherwise you can use Apple/Google Pay or a regular SEPA transfer. There could be something SCA-related on AIB’s side.

Advertisement