Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Yeah sounds like you're doing a bank transfer instead of topping up by card.

You should have 3 sections on the top up screen.

- Linked Accounts

This is a bank transfer. It gets transferred via SEPA which can take up to next business day, but usually executes in 2-4 hours ish, depending on the time you did the transfer. If the Irish banks ever get around to supporting SEPA Instant, this will then take seconds (Revolut supports SEPA Instant already).

As this has your bank logo and current account number listed, it's easy to think that it's the best option to do.

- Linked Cards

This is topping up via Debit/Credit card. You will need to confirm your CVV and probably approve it in your banking app/via SMS, depending on your bank's fraud rules. This is instant.

- Other

This has loan and Google/Apply Pay. Using Google or Apple pay is also instant. I prefer this method as it doesn't need me to approve the card transaction in the AIB app, and I don't need to enter the CVV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Apologies if this is a stupid newbie question, but when I click on Credit Card to apply for one, it just says it can't be done at this time. Any ideas how to move this forward? Do I need to be a member for a certain amount of time, or what criteria do I need to meet?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

Yep I did twice and they say that they can't give ETAs on when it will be done for me.

Email says approximately 2 months so hopefully comes soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I wish to receive a payment from Ireland to my Revolut account.

They are asking for bank address, swift code/bic and sort code. Any idea what to write in these categories? I have all the other details.

Thanks

From another Irish (or anywhere in the SEPA Area) account you should only need your IBAN, but the details are below:

Address:

Revolut Bank UAB (Irish Branch), 2 Dublin Landings, North Dock, Dublin 1, Ireland

SWIFT/BIC:

REVOIE23 (this is in your app under the IBAN)

Sort code:

990360 (first 6 digits after the 4 letters in your IBAN)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

In my joint account the recurring payments section has gone? When I try to set one up I can make a a one off payment but the little clock symbol doesn't appear?

Works on my sole account but not joint?

Anyone else?

Is account number the last 8 digits from the IBAN?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

By convention it should be, but not necessarily I have seen situations where it is very different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Apologies if this has been covered already, do we HAVE to provide Revolut a PPS number? Threatening disruption to service if not provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

They have a legal obligation to report your account activity to their financial regulator who then report it to the revenue for money laundering and tax evasion reasons. So no you don't have to provide it but then they may stop providing you account services 😀

Edit: just to add its to do with it being considered a non resident account. Unsure if the Irish Iban changes that now...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

They are obliged to comply with relevant MLA and they are not obliged to do business with you. So if you fail to provide the requested information you can expect that they will freeze your accounts and report you to the authorities. At that point, as you will be the subject of a criminal investigation they will be unable to discuss the matter with you nor release the funds until they are instructed to do so by the authorities and that may take some time.

Having worked with a few people who found themselves in that situation, I can say it is definitely something to be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

I never filled it in and was never asked for it, in fact, I went to the app now to see can I add it, and there's not even an option to do it, I suppose they'll ask when they want it. But yeah if they ask you'll have to give it to them unless you close your account

Edit: actually I found where it would go in the app, under 'tax residence' however mine says 'none' and they've never asked me for it, customer since 2018

Any idea what causes that?

I have seen situations where the Sort code is different (sub branches using their parent branch's sort code in the IBAN for example) but I've never seen the account number be different.

Would imagine its mostly a legacy issue, so in Revolut's case I'd imagine they should all be using the proper convention?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Tow

You are probably seeing it with BOI accounts. There was a bug on their mainframe when they initially generated IBANs for customers. They used the wrong sortcode field, which contained the original sortcode of the branch the account was created in, not the current one.

The IBANs were generated and printed on Statements long before SEPA, no one noticed until it was too late. I believe both IBANs should now work for the affected accounts. It caused 'fun' in the early days of SEPA.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Yep, it is BOI ones I noticed on. Noticed the difference between IBANs and Sort Codes on a few statements from customers in work and went digging.

I can only imagine the fun that caused when SEPA was being rolled out! From speaking to colleagues who worked there back in the day, that sounds like a very BOI thing to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Price increase for standard customers who go over the 1000€ exchange limit in 2 month time:

Currency exchange fees

For Standard customers, currency exchange fees will remain the same up to a fair usage limit of €1,000 per month. For exchanges above this limit, our fees are increasing from 0.5% to 1%. Weekend rates aren't impacted by this change.

Tap the link below to see the full currency exchange fees for all plans. If you have any questions, please get in touch via our in-app chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,007 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What you guys make of the Ultra at 55 a month, seems scandalous jump from 13 for the metal. I do not see much in there to be worth that.

• Advertisement

Anyone else have this problem on their joint account, as it is when I make a transfer I have no option to make it recurring and can no longer see a list of scheduled payments

My first real issue with Revolut and like Irish banks customer service I'm going around in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It works for me. When I'm in the joint account tab I hit Send Money and then select a recipient. I can then hit the calendar symbol in the bottom left to schedule the payment and make it recurring

I can see some of my upcoming payments, but not all. I actually think this might be down to how the recipient setup the direct debit rather than any issues with Revolut

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Thanks, when I try to send money from sole account the calendar button comes up but not so on the joint account (but it worked two weeks ago).

I had Ii cancel a DD that was then rejected (which was right) and am wondering if that's causing the issue

Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

This morning I got an in-App notification that I am off the waitlist for ultra and can try it for 45€/m for 3 month (each) and then 55€/m.

After the discounted period ends, I can cancel my subscription if I don't want to commit to the 12-month terms.

And during the discounted period I can at any time downgrade to the standard offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭quokula

I got the notification about Ultra today. I work from home and I've been tempted to do a few days here and there somewhere like WeWork for a change of scenery so I might get Ultra for a couple of months to give that benefit a try as it looks like it's cheaper than actually booking directly. Doesn't seem like much else to justify the cost of Ultra in there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It seems to be very heavily targeted at the digital nomad crowd, between the various insurance policies, remote working and airport lounge access

I can't really see it catching on beyond that

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭cagefactor

The airport lounge pass is 429$ by itself so if someone is buying those separately it may have some value. Otherwise the cashback is same as Metal, i.e useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

I signed up to Revolut a couple of weeks ago, using a link that gave me 3 months Premium for free.

Since then I keep getting email from Revolut saying I can earn a €10 reward if I use the card on three different days. I have earned €20 so far, and just got another offer so will earn another €10 in the next couple of days.

The first time I got the offer I assumed it was a once-off Welcome to Revolut offer, so I'm surprised to get another 2 of them. If this normal, and can I look forward to more of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Now that Revolut is an 'Irish' bank, does that mean they will be deducting the Govt levy on ATM/debit cards?

This levy, not the annual €30 levy on credit cards....

https://www.revenue.ie/en/property/stamp-duty/other-stamp-duty/financial-cards/atm-and-debit-cards.aspx

• Advertisement

Revolut always has deducted the 12 cent per ATM withdraw in the republic if your address is in Ireland, unlike other banks, they do this directly after the ATM withdraw and not yearly. Subject to the 2.50/5.00 max.

It has nothing to do with being an "irish" bank, it has to do with your address being in the republic, every bank offering cards here has to pay that. Some just don't charge you.

Advertisement