Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options
  • 20-10-2019 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

When i read the gomo offer it seemed like a no brainer as ive been on the eir network for many years in some form and have been happy enough with the network coverage. :)

So ordered up 4 sims, 2 on account for my wife and 2 on account for myself

2 Days later the 2 packages arrive, 2 sims for my wife, only one for me. :mad:

both sims on my wifes account activated an ported with out any trouble, or so we thought
    no access to mobile data, no settings to be found on their very sparce website.
    phone was set for meteor data anyway :confused:

The one sim that did arrive on my account will not register on the network and in mygomo is showing up as no numbers on my account.

ps any advice on getting the mobile data sorted is very welcome

now we move to customer service or lack of more like.

no online chat available any time i tried to access it

So I sent off a message about the missing sim, despite the claim to be contacted in 24 hrs it was close on 3 days before I received an email saying sims would be dispatches separately and take up to 5 working days to arrive.(despite the fact both sims for my wife arrived in one package) :confused:

still awaiting a reply in relation to the sim card that wont register or activate. :eek:

So it appears the reason that they can offer the deal they are is due to the fact that they have a pretty non existent customer service, which i suppose isnt a big deal untill things dont work the way they should :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

TPM wrote: »
    When i read the gomo offer it seemed like a no brainer as ive been on the eir network for many years in some form and have been happy enough with the network coverage. :)

So ordered up 4 sims, 2 on account for my wife and 2 on account for myself

2 Days later the 2 packages arrive, 2 sims for my wife, only one for me. :mad:

both sims on my wifes account activated an ported with out any trouble, or so we thought
    no access to mobile data, no settings to be found on their very sparce website.
    phone was set for meteor data anyway :confused:

The one sim that did arrive on my account will not register on the network and in mygomo is showing up as no numbers on my account.

ps any advice on getting the mobile data sorted is very welcome

now we move to customer service or lack of more like.

no online chat available any time i tried to access it

So I sent off a message about the missing sim, despite the claim to be contacted in 24 hrs it was close on 3 days before I received an email saying sims would be dispatches separately and take up to 5 working days to arrive.(despite the fact both sims for my wife arrived in one package) :confused:

still awaiting a reply in relation to the sim card that wont register or activate. :eek:

So it appears the reason that they can offer the deal they are is due to the fact that they have a pretty non existent customer service, which i suppose isnt a big deal untill things dont work the way they should :mad:

You will need to add the APN settings for data if it's not working

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058023567/1

Talk to their customer service about the other issues. You will need to wait until tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

Talk to their customer service about the other issues. You will need to wait until tomorrow

The apn settings are correct.

Customer service have been contacted about the other issues 3 days ago and im still waiting for a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

They told someone else that the first SIM will only activate at the same time as the 2nd one after it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

I signed up Wednesday last week. Received SIM card on Thursday. Service activated on Friday. All good.
    But last night at 7:55pm I received an email saying "This email is to confirm your cancellation request for your mobile number" and that it would be effective as of midnight. At 1am the service was lost and my gomo account no longer has my phone number on it.

I have no clue who cancelled my subscription as it wasn't me. I can no longer make any calls as there's no service and I'm really concerned about losing my phone number which I've had for years. Dreading having to deal with their customer servi6in the morning... Really scary they can cancel the subscription within 5 hours and do so outside of working hours so it's too late to contact customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

matzen wrote:
    I signed up Wednesday last week. Received SIM card on Thursday. Service activated on Friday. All good. But last night at 7:55pm I received an email saying "This email is to confirm your cancellation request for your mobile number" and that it would be effective as of midnight. At 1am the service was lost and my gomo account no longer has my phone number on it.

matzen wrote:
    I have no clue who cancelled my subscription as it wasn't me. I can no longer make any calls as there's no service and I'm really concerned about losing my phone number which I've had for years. Dreading having to deal with their customer servi6in the morning... Really scary they can cancel the subscription within 5 hours and do so outside of working hours so it's too late to contact customer service.

Did you manage to get your service reinstated & if so how long did it take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Did you manage to get your service reinstated & if so how long did it take?

No, it's still not reinstated. They've told me that management is looking into what happened and that they will send me an email. I've contacted ComReq who seem very interested in the issue and have provided guidance. Not sure if they're keeping an eye on GoMo to check if they comply with procedures. I hope that the account will be reactivated soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stephenw105

I'm trying GoMo on a spare phone, Poor data experience so far. I'm in rural Meath with no fixed broadband. GoMo 4g works fine in the evening/night but around midday goes to H and 3g and can't connect to sites. Up and down. Get max 10mb/s to 0 at midday. Currently with Tesco and can't fault them one bit, sometimes getting over 100mb/s at night down to about 10mb/s midday and always connects. Have Vodafone mobile broadband also and while not as fast as Tesco its still reliable. I'm guessing Eir putting Eir users first and pushing GoMo to the back of the Q especially at busy times like school lunchtimes. Also unable to see any details online about your usage so not able to avoid going over limits. GoMo only contactable by email and i haven't received any response about how i can see my usage online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭leche solara

I'm trying GoMo on a spare phone, Poor data experience so far. I'm in rural Meath with no fixed broadband. GoMo 4g works fine in the evening/night but around midday goes to H and 3g and can't connect to sites. Up and down. Get max 10mb/s to 0 at midday. Currently with Tesco and can't fault them one bit, sometimes getting over 100mb/s at night down to about 10mb/s midday and always connects. Have Vodafone mobile broadband also and while not as fast as Tesco its still reliable. I'm guessing Eir putting Eir users first and pushing GoMo to the back of the Q especially at busy times like school lunchtimes. Also unable to see any details online about your usage so not able to avoid going over limits. GoMo only contactable by email and i haven't received any response about how i can see my usage online.

I know they havent provided anything yet to monitor usage, but if you fear that you are going to exceed limits you need to GOMO (get out more often) They offer more minutes per month than there are minutes in a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

matzen wrote: »
    No, it's still not reinstated. They've told me that management is looking into what happened and that they will send me an email. I've contacted ComReq who seem very interested in the issue and have provided guidance. Not sure if they're keeping an eye on GoMo to check if they comply with procedures. I hope that the account will be reactivated soon.
    Thanks for sharing this. I've just had a similar thing happen: ordered two SIMs and ported my main phone number (was on Three) to SIM 1 last week with no problems.

Today I received the second SIM and ported my second phone number (was on Tesco), but it's actually ended up overwriting the number on SIM 1 instead of SIM 2. This means that SIM 1 has my second phone number, SIM 2 has its new GoMo number, and my main phone number (which I've had for about 18 years) has vanished.

Contacted them and chatted with someone who took 2-3 minutes to answer each message, and it seems that they're sending a third SIM out which will somehow solve the problem, in "up to 10 working days". This is unbelievable.

I just logged back into the GoMo page and can see the problem. If you select one of your numbers in "account details" page and click "move my number", it actually doesn't keep track of which number you had selected. When you move your number there it will always overwrite the number of your first SIM from GoMo.

[edit] opened a formal complaint with them and have a case number with Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

I have been waiting for over two hours for someone to answer me on the webchat, it is appalling customer servce, my phone was lost so need new sim, there is no contact number and there havent got enough people working on the chat service, very bad :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

Tried it for 7 days and data was crap. Only getting 1mb compared to about 16 with tesco. Went on to chat to cancel and all done in ten minutes. Better the devil you know I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

zynaps wrote: »
    If you select one of your numbers in "account details" page and click "move my number", it actually doesn't keep track of which number you had selected. When you move your number there it will always overwrite the number of your first SIM from GoMo.
    Good to know, I ordered a 2nd SIM but haven't scheduled a porting yet after seeing your post - it was down yesterday for a bit so maybe they made some backend changes. I will report back when the SIM arrives, so far there is still only the details of my 1st SIM online.

advertsfox wrote: »
    Good to know, I ordered a 2nd SIM but haven't scheduled a porting yet after seeing your post - it was down yesterday for a bit so maybe they made some backend changes. I will report back when the SIM arrives, so far there is still only the details of my 1st SIM online.
    Glad you dodged that bullet! To be fair to them, they responded to my email quite graciously and acknowledged the issue, so it sounds like they've disabled that feature until it's fixed.

When it's sorted, I'll post back how long it takes to get my phone number back. It's pretty bad to end up in this situation since we use two-factor authentication for so many things, so I'll have problems dealing with my bank, apart from the fact that people need to contact me for business stuff. That's why I'm confused and frustrated that posting out a third SIM appears to be the solution -- why can't they just solve it online by manually replacing my second GoMo SIM number with my original phone number?

Regarding the 3G/4G speeds, mixed observations here. I tested it in a pub (the Square Ball) and got about 3 down and 6 up, sitting beside a workmate on Three who was getting 15-20 each way. But I've also hit 10-15 in other places/times.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Glad you dodged that bullet! To be fair to them, they responded to my email quite graciously and acknowledged the issue, so it sounds like they've disabled that feature until it's fixed.

When it's sorted, I'll posted back how long it takes to get my phone number back. It's pretty bad to end up in this situation since we use two-factor authentication for so many things, so I'll have problems dealing with my bank, apart from the fact that people need to contact me for business stuff. That's why I'm confused and frustrated that posting out a third SIM appears to be the solution -- why can't they just solve it online by manually replacing my second GoMo SIM number with my original phone number?

Regarding the 3G/4G speeds, mixed observations here. I tested it in a pub (the Square Ball) and got about 3 down and 6 up, sitting beside a workmate on Three who was getting 15-20 each way. But I've also hit 10-15 in other places/times.

Can you PM me the email address please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

Can you PM me the email address please?

you can only email them from their site.

Steer55 wrote: »
    you can only email them from their site.
    Nope, they've listed an email address here: complaints@gomo.ie

They responded the next morning after I sent the complaint and asked for a tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

Adding my 2 cents in here.

I signed up and ordered a SIM. I was holding off porting over until my current contract runs out.

Today I decided to put the GoMo SIM in my phone. I got a welcome message from the network and then 2 messages that seem to be for someone else.

I compared the phone, Pin and PUK number on the card that the SIM came in to the details on line and they do not match. :confused:
    Reported to GoMo will see what they say.

I had scheduled my porting for today but now cancelled it as I am concerned I will loose my number and just concerned overall about the service.

I might do some data speed testing.

Interested to hear more about peoples experiences. Don't really need the headache of loosing my long term number.

Not a great start. I could end up paying for this experience and in the end will go back to my current provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Thanks for sharing that APN detail. When I asked Dr. Google what solution I needed. Dr. Google brought me to this post and then when I saw your message, I was guided in the right direction.

I was doing all of this while waiting for online GoMo chat support. His advice was to restart my phone which I had already done earlier. Possibly he was adding the APN on their system for it to have the same effect.

Kind regards and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Very bad experience so far. Received SIM week before last and set-up port for last Saturday. Put in new SIM but number didn't port. I inserted my old sim (from Eir) but it was no longer working. Thought it might just take some time but 24 hours later my old Eir number hadn't ported but the new Go Mo number was working and had data etc. Sent them a webmail and then started a webchat as follows.

[2:39:04 PM]
    Hey! Thanks for getting in touch. My name is Matthew. How can I help?
    You

[2:41:02 PM]
    Hi Matthew. I ported my existing mumber over 24 hours ago but it doesn't appear to have ported as the Go Mo 085 number still appears when I ring people.
    Mathew

[2:41:50 PM]
    Could I ask you for your Order Number, Mobile Number, Full Name, DOB and Address please? And I can look into that for you.
    You

[2:42:16 PM]
    Order ID: #:GMNZM76C
    You

[2:42:50 PM]
    No to be ported 086 6XXXXXXXX, DXXXX NXXXXXXX , May XX XXXX, Address XXXXXXXXXXX
    Mathew

[2:44:26 PM]
    Thanks Dxxxx, one moment please and I'll have a look for you.
    Mathew

[2:45:56 PM]
    David do you mind confirming what pin & puk code appear on the GoMo SIM pack you received?
    You

[2:48:38 PM]
    The PIN & PUK I received are PIN 6*** and PUK 3*****. However if I look at my a/c online the PIN is 0*** and the PUK is 8*****. Also the number on the pack is 085 264XXXX but previously 085 262XXXX was assigned to my account during the order process
    Mathew

[2:53:10 PM]
    I see, if that's the case I'll have to send you a replacement SIM card, once we replace it you'll have to contact us so we can activate it, the new SIM will then have your own phone number ported to it.
    You

[2:55:04 PM]
    Can you not assign to my old number to the SIM card I have received? Otherwise my old number that I need ported will be not in use for a number of days, which is a big problem.
    Mathew

[2:58:24 PM]
    Can you just bare with me a moment please, sorry now.
    Mathew

[3:03:28 PM]
    Okay, so I am very sorry but there has been a mix up with our delivery service, and the only option is for you is for us to send a SIM replacement. We can't assign your old number to the SIM you have received.
    You

[3:05:40 PM]
    1. This is not great. Can you please prioritise a new SIM for me as I need my existing number back up & running asap.
    Mathew

[3:06:40 PM]
    I know it is not ideal at all. I honestly am very sorry for the hassle of this. Yes you will be sent a replacement one ASAP.
    Representative Mathew has left the session
    Chat session ended

So basically they appear to have sent me the wrong SIM and my old number has probably ported across to a SIM that I never received. Since then I have received a couple of emails asking me about my query but no further response from them despite me sending more emails and not being able to speak to anyone on webchat. It's now almost a week since my number should have ported and no replacement SIM to be seen. Then today the Go Mo 085 number on my phone changed number and I started getting texts from someone who thought they were sending texts to an 086 number, which were diverting to the newest Go Mo number on my phone. Another mail to Go Mo - no response and again unable to speak to webchat. So right now, my old number isn't working, the 085 Go Mo number I originally got from them seemed to change today and I don't have a clue where I stand. A complete & utter fXXX up. I'm just hoping that a replacement SIM will arrive soon and my old number will be able to be ported onto that.

Anyone have any hope for me??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Clone wrote: »
    Adding my 2 cents in here.

I signed up and ordered a SIM. I was holding off porting over until my current contract runs out.

Today I decided to put the GoMo SIM in my phone. I got a welcome message from the network and then 2 messages that seem to be for someone else.

I compared the phone, Pin and PUK number on the card that the SIM came in to the details on line and they do not match. :confused:
    Reported to GoMo will see what they say.

I had scheduled my porting for today but now cancelled it as I am concerned I will loose my number and just concerned overall about the service.

I might do some data speed testing.

Interested to hear more about peoples experiences. Don't really need the headache of loosing my long term number.

Not a great start. I could end up paying for this experience and in the end will go back to my current provider.

"I have the wrong SIM but I'll do some data speed testing". You clearly fall into the top 1%. Sweet creeping Jesus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

SIM arrived, put it in my phone and data speeds were equal to Three (Shandon, Cork).

I have the port set for 9am tomorrow, so we’ll see how it goes and I’ll revert back.

"I have the wrong SIM but I'll do some data speed testing". You clearly fall into the top 1%. Sweet creeping Jesus
    I don't get what you're saying here. He doesn't have the wrong SIM, rather, GoMo have either ported the wrong phone number to his SIM, or issued a SIM that reuses a phone number that belongs to someone else (which is in itself a very serious concern that worries me since they "lost" my longstanding 085 phone number this week).

He's already paid for the SIM, so the data can't be billed to somebody else, in case you were thinking that might happen due to the phone number confusion. Besides all of that, data is flat rate on GoMo anyway.

Are you suggesting that he should just put the SIM in a drawer and go phone free until GoMo's replacement SIM arrives? We've seen that that can take "up to 10 working days", meaning two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mraie

Similar porting and terrible customer service experience. The people at the end of the chat can't do anything. Escalation is a euphemism for we will totally forget about the issue you reported and keep asking what the issue is. Have gone down the complaint route but guessing will be ignored or given some standard bs answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I don't get what you're saying here. He doesn't have the wrong SIM, rather, GoMo have either ported the wrong phone number to his SIM, or issued a SIM that reuses a phone number that belongs to someone else (which is in itself a very serious concern that worries me since they "lost" my longstanding 085 phone number this week).

He's already paid for the SIM, so the data can't be billed to somebody else, in case you were thinking that might happen due to the phone number confusion. Besides all of that, data is flat rate on GoMo anyway.

Are you suggesting that he should just put the SIM in a drawer and go phone free until GoMo's replacement SIM arrives? We've seen that that can take "up to 10 working days", meaning two weeks.

I'd be worried that if I had the wrong SIM then someone else has my SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Pen Rua wrote: »
    SIM arrived, put it in my phone and data speeds were equal to Three (Shandon, Cork).

I have the port set for 9am tomorrow, so we’ll see how it goes and I’ll revert back.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Maxx355

I would safely say Gomo's customer service is as bad if not worse then Eir's customer service. I waited hours yesterday on there chat system with nobody replying. No phone number to contact them on, only via email and chat and they have replied to neither.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

For me porting went through, download and upload speeds are consistently double than Virgin Media or Three. 80Mbps download and 25Mbps upload in Dublin and 60Mbps and 20Mbps in Galway.
    Happy so far.

Port has been in progress for c. 40 minutes now. My signal keeps going up and down but no sign of it dying just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I switched from Eir last week, was with meteor as my main number since the start so have years of experience with them.
    So far the service is identical in most areas, the exception is our house where I can now make calls indoors instead of having to go outside. This could be a new phone, sim or even wifi calling, even though the icon doesn't appear in the status bar.
    Upstairs I can get 3g signal with about 2mb down, before I had E and no speed test so that's a bonus.
    We're stuck on a WISP with 6mb down as we're rural so happy to have a backup 3g service now. Will monitor over the next few weeks but so far so good.

• Advertisement

Port has been in progress for c. 40 minutes now. My signal keeps going up and down but no sign of it dying just yet.

Text from Three to say my number has been cleared to port. It came exactly one hour from the time I selected to port on Go Mo’s website.

Advertisement