Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-07-2017, 17:07   #1
DoctaDee

Mod: GAA, ZTest
Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 3

Welcome to the Mayo GAA discussion thread - Chapter 3, yer trotting them out quicker than a Mills & Boon Romance !.

This is one of the most active forums on Boards.ie. As a result, discussion can get quite heated. But there are certain things posters must realise are simply not OK to post:

- Personal abuse

- Rumours about players'/managers'/anyone's personal lives.

- Trolling.

- Accusations of trolling. Report a post if you suspect it to be trolling.
Advertisement
10-07-2017, 17:11   #2
Suarezistheman

Mayo 4 Sam 2017
10-07-2017, 17:14   #3
yop

Fk up Suarezistheman!

Mayo 4 Sam 2018
(3) thanks from:
10-07-2017, 17:14   #4
Fr Tod Umptious

Sorry "ureds" (from the old thread) I see the 5pm time on the Twitter feed now also.

I'd have preferred 7pm, but sure Limerick is handy either way for a Mayo man coming from Kerry.
Thanks from:
10-07-2017, 17:20   #5
Fr Tod Umptious

Should we beware of the wounded Cork ?

Remember in 2014 they sucked in the Munster final and then gave Mayo a run for their money in the QF ?

I'm not sure myself, all we have heard is that they are in disarray, but they ran at Kerry and created chances, running at Mayo could yield returns too.

But still Mayo should be on that upward trajectory getting ready for QF, so again like Derry and Clare they should have too much for them.

On a side note, Cork used to be Mayo's ultimate bogey team, they went a astonishing 95 years without beating Cork, they finally beat them in the 2011 QF, the game that many could point to as the start of this current very successful, very consistent incarnation of the Mayo team.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-07-2017, 17:22   #6
mayo.mick

Season tickets have been updated from Ennis.
(3) thanks from:
10-07-2017, 17:29   #7
yop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr Tod Umptious View Post

Remember in 2014 they sucked in the Munster final and then gave Mayo a run for their money in the QF ?

I'm not sure myself, all we have heard is that they are in disarray, but they ran at Kerry and created chances, running at Mayo could yield returns too.

But still Mayo should be on that upward trajectory getting ready for QF, so again like Derry and Clare they should have too much for them.

On a side note, Cork used to be Mayo's ultimate bogey team, they went a astonishing 95 years without beating Cork, they finally beat them in the 2011 QF, the game that many could point to as the start of this current very successful, very consistent incarnation of the Mayo team.
I'd be wary of all teams at this stage, not there for the national anthem (well aside from cusack park!)
10-07-2017, 17:33   #8
km79

Quote:
Originally Posted by yop View Post
I'd be wary of all teams at this stage, not there for the national anthem (well aside from cusack park!)
The funny thing about Saturday is the best rendition of the anthem has been started by the crowd and then they interrupted it !
(2) thanks from:
10-07-2017, 17:37   #9
Bunny Colvin

What's this I hear about Limerick?

Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-07-2017, 18:39   #10
Oldtree
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo.mick View Post
Season tickets have been updated from Ennis.
That was very quick, somthing for the cb to aim for
10-07-2017, 18:40   #11
Oldtree
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yop View Post
Fk up Suarezistheman!

Mayo 4 Sam 2018
Did I blink and miss a year
Thanks from:
10-07-2017, 18:43   #12
jasonroche123

Cork are at nothing, they are at their lowest ebb and we should dispose of them easily.
10-07-2017, 18:57   #13
Oldtree
Banned

Let's be having a bit of this then

Thanks from:
10-07-2017, 19:57   #14
keane2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr Tod Umptious View Post

I thought they were not bad in the first half against us. Four points down at half time and having given us enough of it, I was a bit worried that if they got a quick goal they could do that Cork thing of suddenly thinking they're as good as you.

We flew out at the start of the second half which they gave up after, but if it had gone the other way you wouldn't know with them.
10-07-2017, 20:11   #15
naughto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonroche123 View Post
Cork are at nothing, they are at their lowest ebb and we should dispose of them easily.
That was the thinking against Galway and look where it got us threat them with the respect that they deserve(unless there the rossies) in saying that with 15 men we would have put Galway away.

There is no pressures on cork if they get a hiding every one will say they where piss poor any way.
We need to sort of sh1te out way to many red cards being picked up some one needs to tell boyler not to get involved in every little thing going.

Did any one else think they where banned when u couldn't post in the old thread

What odds would you get on Galway sacking there manager after the Donegal game I wounder

Last edited by naughto; 10-07-2017 at 20:26.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion