Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-11-2016, 11:55   #1
Hulk

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Hi,
Has anyone been to view these houses yet. If so, what is your opinion of them and is there a price list for the 3 bed and 4 bed semi-detached houses yet.
How close are they to the halting site entrance on that road, and would that be a concern for someone thinking of purchasing a house in the development?
Thanks.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-11-2016, 15:52   #2
machalla

I didn't see them at the time as there was nothing much there but I thought the site location was right across the road from the halting site.

I had a look in Limetree Hall which is near them (across the road from the Tesco).
08-11-2016, 16:12   #3
L1011

Directly opposite the halting site; which is relatively quiet as they go

They have been built at a massive pace, wood frames I think which are not for everyone.
09-11-2016, 13:54   #4
you2008

attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Carton Wood Brochure.-ilovepdf-compressed.pdf (4.66 MB, 1058 views)

Last edited by you2008; 09-11-2016 at 14:01.
09-11-2016, 22:23   #5
happypants

I shop in Tesco and am amazed at how quickly these have flown up. Very surprised at how close to the halting site they are too- no doubt they'll still sell for mad prices.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-11-2016, 11:06   #6
machalla

I see details and viewing dates up here

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/br...e=&Page=&view=

3 beds range in size from 97 Sqm/1,047sq ft – 117 Sqm/1,264 sq ft, from €295,000
4 beds range from 134 Sqm/1,446 sq ft – 175 Sqm/1,878 sq ft, from €395,000
5 beds extend to a generous 186 Sqm/ 2,002 sq ft, from €520,000
28-11-2016, 10:30   #7
erosney

Hi there,

My partner and I are interested in these homes. Would love to hear from someone who has initiated a buy and is in the process of moving in.

What was finish like? How are the builders for fixing snags? We saw a lot of snags in the showhome.

Were you able to work with builders to customise some features in the home?

How has the whole process gone with agents?
28-11-2016, 10:43   #8
donkeyoaty0099

I'd be really careful with these. While the halting site is quiet, I have had countless run ins with the people from there. I used to work in a shop locally and they were an absolute nightmare when they came in.

I viewed the houses out of interest three weeks ago. I wasn't blown away, and thought they were a bit overpriced. I'm sure they'll still sell but they felt very poorly finished. The shoe houses did go up at breakneck speed so maybe the others won't be quite as bad, but no way I would be parting with 350 k plus based on the standard of the show house.
28-11-2016, 10:52   #9
erosney

Thanks for this, pretty much same concerns that we have.

We also viewed in Parkside recently - parksidehomes[dot]ie - and while the finish was definitely better, we felt the area was not.

In the showhouse we felt the bannister was loose, the doors seemed flimsy and were not cut to size.

FYI the site beside Carton Wood will have 150 units going in, starting in the new year. I think it's the same developer that did Hayfield, but not 100% certain.
Advertisement
28-11-2016, 11:54   #10
donkeyoaty0099

Quote:
Originally Posted by erosney View Post
Thanks for this, pretty much same concerns that we have.

We also viewed in Parkside recently - parksidehomes[dot]ie - and while the finish was definitely better, we felt the area was not.

In the showhouse we felt the bannister was loose, the doors seemed flimsy and were not cut to size.

FYI the site beside Carton Wood will have 150 units going in, starting in the new year. I think it's the same developer that did Hayfield, but not 100% certain.
Interesting. Do you have a link to the planning or anything for the newer site. That may still be plagued by the halting site but worth a look
Thanks from:
28-11-2016, 13:34   #11
erosney

They Hayfield agent told me that on the phone, sorry I don't have any other info.

Google Cairn Homes Mariavilla, Maynooth.

Sorry,I can't post the link - I am a new user
Thanks from:
28-11-2016, 17:42   #12
currants

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyoaty0099 View Post
I'd be really careful with these. While the halting site is quiet, I have had countless run ins with the people from there. I used to work in a shop locally and they were an absolute nightmare when they came in.
I lived near there for years and had no trouble with them so its probably different living there rather than working in a shop. What I did have major trouble with was the 24 hour McDonalds/Tesco and drunks making their way up there after the pubs and clubs closed. Front garden was frequently used as a public toilet, screaming, fights, couple of windows broken from badly aimed stones (not aimed at the house)and lots and lots of low level extremely annoying trouble with wheelie bin being stolen/knocked over every week. It was always worse during college term time. If/when Tesco introduce pay parking/clamping people will park there instead. It used to be a lovely, quiet part of the village but not anymore. Check the soundproofing carefully as cars whizz up and down that road all night too.
(3) thanks from:
29-11-2016, 07:47   #13
L1011

Tesco have introduced clamping.
29-11-2016, 09:51   #14
tradesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by erosney View Post
Hi there,

My partner and I are interested in these homes. Would love to hear from someone who has initiated a buy and is in the process of moving in.

What was finish like? How are the builders for fixing snags? We saw a lot of snags in the showhome.

Were you able to work with builders to customise some features in the home?

How has the whole process gone with agents?
If you saw lots of snags in the show house I wouldn't hold out much hope for the other houses! After all isn't the show house supposed to be finished perfectly as this is supposed to sell the others. Anyone buying should definitely get a professional snagger to snag the house. Research your snagger, I snagged recently & had 183 snags, the next door neighbour also snagged & their snagger only found 10 snags!
29-11-2016, 14:28   #15
you2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by currants View Post
Front garden was frequently used as a public toilet, screaming, fights, couple of windows broken from badly aimed stones (not aimed at the house)and lots and lots of low level extremely annoying trouble with wheelie bin being stolen/knocked over every week. It was always worse during college term time. .
Hi, where is it? Carton Wood - Maymooth?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion