Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Builders holidays likely adding to the time. And that there is a backlog given the delays. Guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

LeeC1990 wrote: »
    Yep, we found the same thing so there were a lot of things on our snag.

We were originally told our house would be ready at the end of March! And now it's looking like September at some stage. We are frustrated too because we had an apartment to sell and can't delay the sale any further. If they had been honest at the start we could have timed the sale of the apartment a lot better.

We are in a similar boat, gave notice to our landlord for end of May based on the initial early May timeline, living at home again since

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LeeC1990

Quintis wrote: »
    We are in a similar boat, gave notice to our landlord for end of May based on the initial early May timeline, living at home again since

So frustrating! It's looking likely that we will have to do the same too and move home..

Hi all,

Do any of you know if a drain is required in the back garden? When we did our snag there was no drain to the back and we're a terraced house. Just wondering what happens to the water then if there are days of heavy rainfall or snow?

Any help is appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

That's something worth checking out. I know a few people in another new build estate having issues with drainage in their back garden. Swamp like during heavy rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

From passing the development recently... it looks like work has slowed down quite a bit? Maybe it just seems like that from the road view.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Isn't it the typical builders holidays at the moment?

Yep it is Builders Holidays, they're not back until this day next week!

I'm not sure what's the norm with the drainage though, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

LeeC1990 wrote: »
    Yep it is Builders Holidays, they're not back until this day next week!

I'm not sure what's the norm with the drainage though, does anyone know?

When you say there is no drainage do you mean there is no down pipe or no drainage shore?

There is neither as far as I can remember. The gutter for the terrace houses is all the one gutter with the down pipe in the end of terrace house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bey130

Hello. Just joining this thread now because the frustration is too much. I understand that the original dates builders give you are always ambitious but this is gone beyond a joke now.

We put our first deposit down in November. We had to have all our variation details in for Jan. We were told by email and face to face that the estimated completion date of Mid April. This was kicked out to Mid May - Mid June - Mid July and most recently we were told once and for all that it would be Mid September. Like the majority of people we received an email saying snagging end of August only to be told now that snagging will be pushed until September with move in Mid/Late October. This is 11 months since we first put money down on the house and 6 months later than the original date we were given.

The reason I am so so frustrated is the communication is awful. I have to call them to ask confirm appointments that they make with me only for them not to call back and when they do call back, to cancel them.

Has anyone else had any other update on dates? Like we are throwing rent away each month and asking our landlord for constant extensions. In addition, we ordered furniture that we have to keep extending hold of and now we will have to apply for a mortgage again as our extension will be up. It appears there is nothing we can do but just get on with it. It would welcome info re others experiences and dates.

Thanks

Hi,

We are the same, we put a deposit down in November and were originally told March and it has been pushed out ever since. We called yesterday and were told the council will be telling them on Wednesday if the tarmac can be put down, and depending on what the council say, our snag can probably go ahead on Friday. We then got a phone call today saying they're hoping to get the council in the next week or two and that our re-snag will go ahead in Mid September. It's an absolute joke how wrong they got the timeline. We have to move out of our apartment in the next 2 weeks, and will have to live between houses because of this.

Very frustrated with the lack of honesty and communication from their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

bey130 wrote: »
    Hello. Just joining this thread now because the frustration is too much. I understand that the original dates builders give you are always ambitious but this is gone beyond a joke now.

We put our first deposit down in November. We had to have all our variation details in for Jan. We were told by email and face to face that the estimated completion date of Mid April. This was kicked out to Mid May - Mid June - Mid July and most recently we were told once and for all that it would be Mid September. Like the majority of people we received an email saying snagging end of August only to be told now that snagging will be pushed until September with move in Mid/Late October. This is 11 months since we first put money down on the house and 6 months later than the original date we were given.

The reason I am so so frustrated is the communication is awful. I have to call them to ask confirm appointments that they make with me only for them not to call back and when they do call back, to cancel them.

Has anyone else had any other update on dates? Like we are throwing rent away each month and asking our landlord for constant extensions. In addition, we ordered furniture that we have to keep extending hold of and now we will have to apply for a mortgage again as our extension will be up. It appears there is nothing we can do but just get on with it. It would welcome info re others experiences and dates.

Thanks

We are in the exact same suitution only we have not yet been told about the further delay from Anthony Neville Homes. As far as we are concerned we are snagging on Friday and we have not been told otherwise. Communication is awful. The worst communication I have ever dealt with. It feel like they are try to hide issues which is worrying.

The one thing I feel is that from meeting the builders on site, we felt reassured and we feel our home will be finished to a very high standard. Just the constant delay is frustrating and the communication is unnecessarily appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

We bought in the February release and were originally told July completion. Our house is one of the ones that needed new planning permission due to change in layout which delayed and we were given a story about rock problems also.
    Last email told us that we would be snagging in late November - does this latest development mean the whole phase will now be pushed back by a month?? I can't bear having to spend Christmas out of our new home!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 NM123

med1989 wrote: »
    We bought in the February release and were originally told July completion. Our house is one of the ones that needed new planning permission due to change in layout which delayed and we were given a story about rock problems also.
    Last email told us that we would be snagging in late November - does this latest development mean the whole phase will now be pushed back by a month?? I can't bear having to spend Christmas out of our new home!

We have this exact scenario too....We are chasing for an update on whether our early Dec date move in date still stands. Based on the recent posts it doesn't bode well!

@Lee1990 @PDiddy87 I just find it so hard to believe that the Council would be slowing down anything, there is a housing crisis and the council are working like mad to get people homes and into homes. They told us 4/5 weeks ago that they were trying to get the council out then. I just do not believe that it takes 8 weeks to get someone from the council out. @PDiddy87 I totally agree, it is like they don't want to tell you the real story or something. I really don't understand why we had to have variation in in Jan and they ever said April. The builder told us that he always thought July was the most realistic time. Why bother adding that stress to people. I would be interested to see when you actually get to snag.

@med1989 @NM123 The only thing is once they start getting people into the estate everything else will flow so much faster. It is always getting ground work sign off that takes the longest so I wouldn't lose faith just yet. If we in the first phase manage to get in in October (6 months late!) then you'd have to assume you guys would be fine for early Dec. However, if we get pushed out - who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭you2008

@Lee1990 @PDiddy87 I just find it so hard to believe that the Council would be slowing down anything, there is a housing crisis and the council are working like mad to get people homes and into homes. They told us 4/5 weeks ago that they were trying to get the council out then. I just do not believe that it takes 8 weeks to get someone from the council out. @PDiddy87 I totally agree, it is like they don't want to tell you the real story or something. I really don't understand why we had to have variation in in Jan and they ever said April. The builder told us that he always thought July was the most realistic time. Why bother adding that stress to people. I would be interested to see when you actually get to snag.

@med1989 @NM123 The only thing is once they start getting people into the estate everything else will flow so much faster. It is always getting ground work sign off that takes the longest so I wouldn't lose faith just yet. If we in the first phase manage to get in in October (6 months late!) then you'd have to assume you guys would be fine for early Dec. However, if we get pushed out - who knows!

My guess is push further and get more higher price for Phase 2 as prices is up every day now? ( correct me if i am wrong) by ding so, they have to delay phase one for higher price of phase 2?

you2008 wrote: »
    My guess is push further and get more higher price for Phase 2 as prices is up every day now? ( correct me if i am wrong) by ding so, they have to delay phase one for higher price of phase 2?

I think that phase two is also sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭you2008

I think that phase two is also sold out?

ok then - Phase 3 - :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 globo2016

I'm not sure why waiting for the council to come and inspect the pipes leading up the main road is delaying snagging. We've been told the house is finished and ready (apart from some of the cobble work in the garden. Surely they could at least get the snagging started on the houses that are ready - it seems like there are underlying issues/reasons for the delay that they are not willing to discuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

The council isn't the root of all delays in my opinion. There was huge delays with the sewage pipes leaking (that is the reason behind the huge hole they kept redigging at the enterance of the site and the big pump).

With regard to snagging, it's probably pointless snagging if the electric, gas and water isn't connected. This is what they are currently awaiting sign of from the council.

I'm sure houses between 28-60 will be filled by Christmas if there are no further delays although my trust in the builder is very low at the minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

My advice would be not to snag your house if either the water, gas or electricity is not connected or switched on as when undertaking snag lists for clients, on 3 occasions I have found electric sockets wired incorrectly! Complete waste of time if snagging before house is fully ready. I know its frustrating when you are trying to get into your own house & are trying to organise your life but it would be worse if when after moving your possessions in you suddenly find leaks etc.

Did anyone get to carry out their snag on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

I passed by the site today - there were trucks tarmacking the common driving area. Might be a bit of hope that people can get in on the site to snag sooner than September if that'd done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

you2008 wrote: »
    ok then - Phase 3 - :confused:

Phase 2 is not sold out..register with Savills

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lexi77

med1989 wrote: »
    I passed by the site today - there were trucks tarmacking the common driving area. Might be a bit of hope that people can get in on the site to snag sooner than September if that'd done.

Seen that this evening. Let's hope it means council has signed off on whatever they say they had to!! Internally most houses have been ready for the past 2 months. Let's live in hope 😀

Lexi77 wrote: »
    Seen that this evening. Let's hope it means council has signed off on whatever they say they had to!! Internally most houses have been ready for the past 2 months. Let's live in hope ��

Council say the delay is with builders, that there is infrastructural work to be completed before they can sign off...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lexi77

Quintis wrote: »
    Council say the delay is with builders, that there is infrastructural work to be completed before they can sign off...

I heard that carton wood and carton grove will now be using the same entrance and traffic lights will be put there. Is that the infrastructural work the council are taking about?

Lexi77 wrote: »
    I heard that carton wood and carton grove will now be using the same entrance and traffic lights will be put there. Is that the infrastructural work the council are taking about?

Not sure, but the excuse that the delay rests with the council doesn't seem true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 member2017

Has anybody been given an estimated move in date as of yet? We were previously told updated projection was mid-September but now this is being considered as 'ambitious'.
    Hopefully we'll be in by October!

Advertisement