Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Warm and sunny, possibly very warm weather later from 11th to 19th June

• 09-06-2014 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks! Long time since. :D

It's looking interesting later this week. An area of high pressure moving away northeast from the Azores could potentially give a summer. POTENTIALLY. It's not for sure yet. The models still deviate on detail here but from Wednesday we have a decent go at a very warm settled spell setting in. In terms of synoptics we are looking to avoid retrogression of any feeble high pressure to Greenland. We could well avoid that. This could be similar to last summer but we have to wait a day or two to see what the prognosis is.

I would say things look good right now. But don't be organising the bbq just yet.;)

Give it 48 hrs. :cool:

More later.

DM2.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

So this is the situation for Thursday. High pressure in control and a warm southwesterly breeze helping to lift temperatures up to the mid 20's in parts of the midlands, east and north. A little bit cloudier in the far northwest. Looks a stunning day for the east and south.

310257.gif

Little cloud cover over most of the country

Rtavn843.gif

Temperatures responding nicely (you can put an extra 2 or 3 degrees on a lot of these values)

310258.gif

Not that today is not a nice day mind you! Later in the week will be nicer! :D

More later.

I will fix those charts above. They are dynamic links so changing with each run. EDIT: charts fixed!

12pm GFS and UK Met Office model runs show everything more or less on track.:cool:

GFS is a decent upgrade in fact on both temperature and potential longevity of the warm and sunny weather.

I think from Wednesday to Sunday looks nailed to me and potentially longer than that. Temperatures could get in to the high twenties at times locally and away from wind ward coasts.

I guess it's time to dust down the bbq from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Hi folks! Long time since. :D

DM2.

:D

It has been a while alright DM2.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

It has been a while alright DM2.

Great to see a familiar poster back alright 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Atm looks like the Hp dominated spell should last about a week.

• Advertisement

Ok so forecast is pretty much same as. Just an increased chance of some cloud on Friday that might spoil things a teeny weeny little bit. The far west and far north always prone to more cloud and drizzle at times.

Ideally we would like the high pressure centered further east to steer up a continental flow. Looks like it will be anchored just to the west so winds could end up more northeasterly. Still very warm and mostly sunny but the mid twenties might be the max come the end of the weekend and beginning of next week.

Here is the UK Met Office position for Sunday for example

310399.gif

And GFS for same time

310401.gif

Very nice, stable and warm and lots of sunshine.

Both the 12z GFS and UKMO are equally good. I'd take either of them.

So getting warmer and sunnier is the theme for the end of the week from tomorrow, weekend and in to next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Folks what's going on with the UKMO on Meteociel? They seem to be rolling out a run which is several days out of date, for example showing "Lundi 9th" as 96h away...?

Hi, It hasn't been updating on some sites to 72 hrs. But it should have 96 hrs as the 15th today.

Folks, overall an upgrade this morning. Bit disappointing it's got a bit dull so far today but that breaks and sunshine appears later this afternoon.

The UKMO and 6z GFS are super this morning right through to at least the middle of next week. Warmer with each passing day.

As for tomorrow expect good sunshine over most of the country but cloud near those north and west coasts. Temperatures in the sunshine reaching 22c locally away from windward coasts. 13 - 16c under cloud.

A nice day ahead for the east and south in particular. Temperatures up to 23c locally inland. Very pleasant with increasing sunshine.

Not so good in the west and north initially and maybe the southwest as well but cloud should really evaporate here in to the afternoon. Cooler here for the first half of the day as a result. A nice day all round though.

Aside from more cloud on Saturday the forecast is the same. Warmer and sunnier more widespread as we go on.

Next week could become hot locally. Temperatures could reach high twenties and over 30c cannot be ruled out.

P.S a decent view of Saturn atm if you have clear skies. It's really bright like a star on steroids but of course it's not a star. It's quite near the moon. You can't miss it. Highly recommend a gawk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

A nice day ahead for the east and south in particular. Temperatures up to 23c locally inland. Very pleasant with increasing sunshine.

Not so good in the west and north initially and maybe the southwest as well but cloud should really evaporate here in to the afternoon. Cooler here for the first half of the day as a result. A nice day all round though.

Aside from more cloud on Saturday the forecast is the same. Warmer and sunnier more widespread as we go on.

Next week could become hot locally. Temperatures could reach high twenties and over 30c cannot be ruled out.

P.S a decent view of Saturn atm if you have clear skies. It's really bright like a star on steroids but of course it's not a star. It's quite near the moon. You can't miss it. Highly recommend a gawk. :D

Well Kermit, can we bottle your posts of positivity I know they are cheering me up this week...BBQ being taken down from the attic tonight:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Glorious beer garden weather for us dad's this sunday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,124 ✭✭✭✭km79

Flying home from 2 weeks in Portugal today. This is music to my ears :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Really warm/hot in London for the past week, mid 20's every day, hopefully you get a share of it over there over the coming week. It doesn't look like a very strong high but promising for the rest of the summer as high pressure tends to reestablish itself in the same areas over the course of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭squarecircles

very pleasant tomorrow for the midlands south and east,the more typical muck out west. Heres tomorrows maximums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭squarecircles

temperatures on saturdayand sunday look disappointing countrywide while early next week the warmth begins to build in the west:D.

I think you are probably quoting minimums there and not maximums. That is far too pessimistic. Temperatures should be quite a bit north of that on Saturday really. Where sunshine breaks through temperatures in to the low twenties is likely. But we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

There will be a bit of cloud about Saturday and still some on Sunday but some good long sunny spells and temperatures will range from 17-22c.

Very pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭OldRio

Still waiting. Raining as I type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

OldRio wrote: »
    Still waiting. Raining as I type.
    Well its already 20.1c on my Davis here near Arklow at 9am and very sunny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭OldRio

whitebriar wrote: »

Reads whitebriars post. Walks outside. Gets wet. Kicks cat.

• Advertisement

Patience. :D

Humid, warm and overcast here after a sunny start. Just have to get rid of this embedded trough tomorrow and we are away. I'd expect the sun to re emerge later on though particularly east and south.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Still a few breaks in the cloud here in Waterford City. Feeling rather warm. Current temp 20.0c

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Too hot over here these past few days, had a low of 18C last night and expecting up to 27C today. With humidity and no breeze it's feeling oppressively hot, fine for lying about but not so fun for work and commuting.

Looks like a reversal of fortunes in the coming week though with Ireland seeing the better of any heat, the west and north missing out until after the weekend, eastern areas low 20's but next week should see mid 20's quite widely if everything goes to plan

20.4c down here now,peaked at 20.9 :D

still a wee bit of sun peaking through but mostly cloudy now.Feeling oppressive as the approaching front means no sea breeze and currently not a breath of wind here at all.

20.4c down here now,peaked at 20.9 :D

still a wee bit of sun peaking through but mostly cloudy now.Feeling oppressive as the approaching front means no sea breeze and currently not a breath of wind here at all.

Talking to myself but 21.7c todays peak so far :D

Beautiful day \0/

The sun. It is breaking through. Forget your birds and your goats and Donegal postmen, I have just seen a large group of undesirables boarding the bus to Portmarnock. This is a good sign icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Pleasant enough in Bray atm. Breaks in cloud, that SE clear quadrant moving in our direction.

[Edit] I deleted the infracted off topic part of my post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

The sun. It is breaking through. Forget your birds and your goats and Donegal postmen, I have just seen a large group of undesirables boarding the bus to Portmarnock. This is a good sign icon14.png

Not if you live in Portmarnock !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The beach will be a no-go zone next week for sure :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Our Max temp here in Waterford City was a very respectable 22.9c. The sun really broke through the clouds in the afternoon with some long clear spells. Fantastic summers day :)

www.waterfordcityweather.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement