Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Risk of summer from Tuesday!

• 05-08-2012 3:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

:D

Oh so many of us had given up any hope of any proper weather. Not anymore though. From Tuesday there is finally a clear signal across all the models that the weather is about to change quite dramatically as high pressure builds over the country. This will bring more sunshine and temperatures should be getting up to the mid twenties later midweek next week particularly in northern half of the country. Still some cloud and outbreaks of rain on Tuesday though but by Wednesday this will tend to dissolve readily. Any lingering showery rain in the southwest should die out aswell. Southern and some eastern coasts cooler with an onshore breeze thereafter. Turning humid aswell. If anything getting even better, even warmer toward the end of next week. Maybe just a hint of a breakdown from the southwest next weekend with some thunderstorms possible but that's long way out. It's pretty much open ended how long the good weather may last, for now. Enjoy! BBL:cool:

215848.gif

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

obviously if theres any rain it will hit cork

• Registered Users Posts: 48,124 ✭✭✭✭km79

Brilliant title for the thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Really , really , really hope this is true :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

MT Cranium says we are back to more unsettled weather after next weekend if I understand his last forecast correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heading to Wexford for the weekend, so hopefully DM your right !

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Brilliant title for the thread :D

Very funny indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

MT Cranium says we are back to more unsettled weather after next weekend if I understand his last forecast correctly!

True..

Supposed to break down after Friday again..

Cool temps and rain for next weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

MrFrisp wrote: »
    True..

Supposed to break down after Friday again..

Cool temps and rain for next weekend.

It's too early to be that downbeat yet;) If this is the situation next Saturday I doubt many will be moaning next weekend:) (except in the far southwest - thunderstorms are likely in any gradual breakdown from the west) Get the bbq's ready...

215858.gif

On a serious note it really is open ended in terms of the forecast. Next weekend is very much still in play. :cool: It tends to be the case that the models are over zealous at this range in breaking this kind of pattern. We will be wanting the block to hold out the atlantic as long as possible. MT Cranium is referring to the traditional breakdown pattern showing on the models. It is very typical of what we see this time of year pior to the beginning of any warm spell. But in the end it's never really that simple. It tends to get pushed back rather than forward would be my experience of these setups. :) I am very hopeful for next weekend. Very happy with the prospects.

Anyone from cork whos interested go onto the met eireann website and look whos getting all the rain next week-ya you guessed right.some days we are the only county in ireland where it rains.
    Cork has been pissed on a long time now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

St Thomas here .........am going to have to see this to believe :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Anyone from cork whos interested go onto the met eireann website and look whos getting all the rain next week-ya you guessed right.some days we are the only county in ireland where it rains.
    Cork has been pissed on a long time now

Cork is going to have a very fine week from Wednesday IMO. Nothing I can see to complain about - bit of an onshore breeze. Plenty of warm sunshine like the rest of us. Temperatures low to mid twenties:cool: Now maybe later in the weekend your first for some storms if things start to breakdown but that's not certain at all for now.icon14.gif

And here is a reminder of what the sun looks like for those who actually might not remember at this stage ;)

Sunshine.jpg

It's so beautiful *sobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Let's hope this is true long overdue!

:eek:
    darkman2 wrote: »
    Cork is going to have a very fine week from Wednesday IMO. Nothing I can see to complain about - bit of an onshore breeze. Plenty of warm sunshine like the rest of us. Temperatures low to mid twenties:cool: Now maybe later in the weekend your first for some storms if things start to breakdown but that's not certain at all for now.icon14.gif
    i certainly hope so were depressed as hell down here every day is manky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭compsys

He's not always correct you know and does get things wrong, just like anyone else.

The best thing to do if you want an accurate long-range forecast i.e. over 5 days, is to look at several different forecasts and see what they're all saying e.g. BBC, MET E, on here, and maybe even SKY or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I may be wrong but I think the highest temp so far this year was in Belmullet during the May heatwave? This week looks like a repeat - west will be best this week I think. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭compsys

Have no fear people - the risk of summer has well and truly gone according to today's Met E forecast! Phew. It was getting hairy there for a day or two. It looked like we were going to see sun AND warmth :eek: Sure we couldn't be having that this summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Seems we'll be treated to a glimpse of what we could've had in June and July, this coming Thursday and Friday...

From Met.ie

"On Thursday early mist, fog and drizzle should clear to give a warm and mainly dry day with spells of hazy sunshine developing. Highest temperatures will range 20 to 24 degrees, warmest in the South with just light winds.

Friday looks like a warm, mainly dry day as well with spells of sunshine and temperatures in the low to mid 20's."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

IrelandsSummer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭pauldry

It could happen.

It will probably be misty Wednesday in the West and
    some sun on Thursday and Friday

Temperature will get over 20c every day this week so thats not bad

Possibly 24 or 25 at end of week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭weisses

Floodings here ... worst i have seen in a long time .... This thread ..... just cynical ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Watch out for a possible new European record Friday/Saturday in Southern Spain! :D

Here in Rome it is currently 38 degrees, oh I miss that fresh Irish air! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

compsys wrote: »
    He's not always correct you know and does get things wrong, just like anyone else.
    blasphemer128601086275112902.jpg

patneve2 wrote: »
    Watch out for a possible new European record Friday/Saturday in Southern Spain! :D

32 degrees? Doubt that'll break any records...

http://www.yr.no/place/Spain/Andalucía/Marbella~2514169/long.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

GFS 2M Temp for Europe
    South Spain does look quite hot

12080918_0700.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

These are the all-time record maximum temperatures reached at some southern Spanish stations. Over 40 is a regular occurence there, and the average daily max temps for August are around 35 °C.

Sevilla Aeropuerto, Córdoba Aeropuerto: 46.6 °C (23 July 1995)
    Morón de la Frontera: 46.6 C (19 July 1967)
    Jáen, Instituto: 45.0 °C (8 July 1939)
    Jerez de la Frontera Aerupuerto: 45.1 (1 August 2003)
    Badajoz Aeropuerto; 44.8 °C (1 August 2003)

Big Tone wrote: »
    32 degrees? Doubt that'll break any records...

http://www.yr.no/place/Spain/Andalucía/Marbella~2514169/long.html

Marbella is on the sea!!! :D

Su Campu wrote: »
    These are the all-time record maximum temperatures reached at some southern Spanish stations. Over 40 is a regular occurence there, and the average daily max temps for August are around 35 °C.

Sevilla Aeropuerto, Córdoba Aeropuerto: 46.6 °C (23 July 1995)
    Morón de la Frontera: 46.6 C (19 July 1967)
    Jáen, Instituto: 45.0 °C (8 July 1939)
    Jerez de la Frontera Aerupuerto: 45.1 (1 August 2003)
    Badajoz Aeropuerto; 44.8 °C (1 August 2003)

I'm going to watch the above stations closely Friday and Saturday. Could go over 30 degrees at 850 hpa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Central Sardinia has been getting up to around 45 °C over the past week. The station of Ottana, which is part of the Region's network of rural stations, has been well into the 40s every day. Several others have been topping 40 °C (click on the individual stations). These are all standard stations and are used for monitoring weather and climate for the agricultural and tourism sectors. What a wealth of information on this site. It's a pity we don't have something similar.

http://www.sar.sardegna.it/servizi/dati/datistazioni7gg.asp?stazione=Ottana

216053.PNG

Su Campu wrote: »
    Central Sardinia has been getting up to around 45 °C over the past week. The station of Ottana, which is part of the Region's network of rural stations, has been well into the 40s every day. Several others have been topping 40 °C (click on the individual stations). These are all standard stations and are used for monitoring weather and climate for the agricultural and tourism sectors. What a wealth of information on this site. It's a pity we don't have something similar.

http://www.sar.sardegna.it/servizi/dati/datistazioni7gg.asp?stazione=Ottana

216053.PNG

Yesterday Cagliari Elmas AP beat its August record: +41,8°. Previous was +41,1°. Lets not forget that Cagliari is on the sea :eek:

• Advertisement

patneve2 wrote: »
    Marbella is on the sea!!! :D

It's also Southern Spain :D maybe inland toward Central Spain is hotter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement