Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-02-2010, 15:40   #46
J-blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail 2 Da Chimp View Post
Cool stuff J-blk, is it any good? Have you used it?
There's actually a desktop version for Mac OS X, which I use a lot more and it's great. The basic free iPhone version has worked well for me too, does exactly what it says on the tin really... Since it can access the phone contacts, it's much handier than using Vodafone's site directly and that's the best thing about it. It's free anyway, so why not give it a go?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-02-2010, 15:44   #47
Hail 2 Da Chimp

Will do - thanks for the advice!
08-02-2010, 16:19   #48
doneill2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-blk View Post
There's actually a desktop version for Mac OS X, which I use a lot more and it's great. The basic free iPhone version has worked well for me too, does exactly what it says on the tin really... Since it can access the phone contacts, it's much handier than using Vodafone's site directly and that's the best thing about it. It's free anyway, so why not give it a go?

Hi there did u get ur iphone from IOS and if so how long were you waiting for it, thanks
08-02-2010, 16:25   #49
J-blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by doneill2003 View Post
Hi there did u get ur iphone from IOS and if so how long were you waiting for it, thanks
That's kinda off topic for this thread - I'm sure someone will post in your other thread about IOS delivery... no need to post in other threads instead... FWIW, no, I didn't get my iPhone from IOS or O2 ...
08-02-2010, 18:12   #50
gartcork

Send a message via Skype™ to gartcork
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post
Not for much longer...heres an great App your missing .

TVUPlayer
Bought this on your recommendation..... Very impressed.
It's a great app. Try the lite version first before you buy.
Advertisement
08-02-2010, 19:56   #51
dazedandlost

Quote:
Originally Posted by gartcork View Post
Bought this on your recommendation..... Very impressed.
It's a great app. Try the lite version first before you buy.
Hi Gart,

I have the lite version and its not bad.

Could you let me know how full version runs for you over wifi and 3g?

Is stream good quality?
08-02-2010, 20:33   #52
gartcork

Send a message via Skype™ to gartcork
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedandlost View Post
Hi Gart,

I have the lite version and its not bad.

Could you let me know how full version runs for you over wifi and 3g?

Is stream good quality?
Works perfect for me over 3g and edge!!
Obviously it takes a little longer to load/buffer and as MixedNuts said ideally stick to channels with a bandwidth of 290 or less.
I have four TV's at home and I still watched Match of the Day on my iPhone just because I could!!!
I showed it to a few guys in work today and they all downloaded it straight away.
Hope this helps.
Thanks from:
09-02-2010, 01:56   #53
greenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie BradyII View Post
Concert Vault, found it yesterday, it's already my favorite app. A must for all music lovers. You can access over 2950 live concert recordings some dating back to the 60s. And it's FREE, works on 3g too
Downloaded this app after your recomendation and I love it! Thanks francie
09-02-2010, 10:18   #54
Cianos

My favourite apps (so far)

Dropbox (allows access to view large files you can store online)
ToDo (the best "to do" app I've come across yet)
BatteryMaster (more precise battery info giving remaining times for various usages of the phone)
Shazam (hold the mic up to any song being played and it'll tell you what it is)
Dictionary (offline access to full dictionary)
Flashlight (via Cydia, way better than the app store ones in that it automatically maximises the brightness upon launch, and restores it back after closing)
Guitar Toolkit (very nice app with a big chord library and even a mic-based guitar tuner)
iVideoCamera (for 3g phones, lets you record video and works quite well)
Skype (make cheap calls to anywhere in the world - use 3g unrestrictor and it'll work outside of wi-fi too)
Sleep Cycle (Haven't used it much, but it's supposed to wake you in the morning at the ideal stage of sleep so that you'll wake up feeling refreshed. Records your sleep patterns overnight too.)
Imageshack/Photobucket (very handy, take a photo with the phone and upload it immediately online)
AppBox Pro (A bunch of useful mini-apps like convertors, rulers, spirit level etc)
SketchBookx (pretty good sketching app that has layers)
Palringo (amalgamates google talk, MSN and other chat apps in to one contact list)
Dessid (Hack a lot of Eircom router passwords)
RulerPhone (Use a credit card as a reference measurement then use the phones camera to tell the height of stuff)
Pumps.ie (Community driven price comparison for local fuel)
iHandyLevel (spirit level)
Ocarina (Play your phone like an Ocarina )
TouchMouse (Tested this last night and it works great. Lets you use your phone as a trackpad, very handy if you have your computer hooked up to the TV. Even lets you pull up a keyboard so you don't need anything else for browsing)
Scooter XL (Rat on a scooter...great game )
Starmap (A map of the stars based on your location and time of day. Very impressive)
Advertisement
09-02-2010, 11:00   #55
Necronomicon

Send a message via MSN to Necronomicon
Some of mine that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Movie Genie: An IMDB app with great interface, I had been just using a bookmark from Safari but this is miles better.

PixUp: Handy for uploading photos to Facebook or Picasa, particularly when you don't have the usb cable handy and want to see them on a computer.

Empire Movie Guide: Reviews for thousands of films over the years from film magazine Empire. The reviews are stored in-app, so you don't have to go online to access them.

Akinator: This is a terrific app that will kill hours of boredom. Think of a character, either real or fictional, and Akinator will predict who it is using a 20-questions type approach. Only it takes far less than 20. You can try it online too: http://uk.akinator.com/

Stanza: Great ebook reader.
09-02-2010, 11:48   #56
lalee17
Closed Account

Latest one I've been using a lot.. It's a game called Dark Nebula. Pretty simple accelerometer based game, but the graphics are unreal.
10-02-2010, 09:44   #57
Hail 2 Da Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-blk View Post
That's exactly what EirText does (syncs to your Vodafone/O2/Meteor web account)... the basic edition is free.
Have tried the free EirText and Jelly SMS, both work very well but Jelly sends an advert URL in each text, which is annoying.

So I'll be sticking to Eirtext - very easy to use and setup as well.

Some great ideas in here!
12-02-2010, 09:53   #58
Leiva
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie BradyII View Post
Concert Vault, found it yesterday, it's already my favorite app. A must for all music lovers. You can access over 2950 live concert recordings some dating back to the 60s. And it's FREE, works on 3g too
Thank you , thank you , thank you ... Why ain't I heard if this before , I am an App whore ? Must have missed it some how.

If you like your music this is a must .
Just finished listening to the Boomtown Rats recording ( San Diago 1979) Geldolf rattling on before each song , pure magic ! Especially just before they play "Dont like Mondays" , he talks a bit and tells how this song was only finished days earlier ... Pure nugget of musical gold right there.

Love the way it's only live concerts and not studio recordings , always guaranteed to get that little bit more interaction .

I am hooked .... Only 15,000+ more tracks to listen to

Last edited by Leiva; 12-02-2010 at 11:49.
12-02-2010, 10:44   #59
McBain!

Moving iphone apps from one pc to another

Hi
Not sure if this is the best place to post this question but I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice or point me to a more relevant thread....
I was downloading the Jamie Oliver App from the app store on my iphone but as the file was to large, i was told to connect to itunes on my pc and download it there.
I was at work at the time so I downloaded onto itunes on my work laptop.
When I connected my phone to sync, it said it would replace all the apps on my phone with the apps in "this itunes library" (ie....just the Jamie Oliver one! - everything else is on my itunes library on my personal laptop)
Anyone know how I can transfer to my iphone without loosing all my other apps or paying for the app again

Thanks
12-02-2010, 11:05   #60
grames_bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain! View Post
Hi
Not sure if this is the best place to post this question but I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice or point me to a more relevant thread....
I was downloading the Jamie Oliver App from the app store on my iphone but as the file was to large, i was told to connect to itunes on my pc and download it there.
I was at work at the time so I downloaded onto itunes on my work laptop.
When I connected my phone to sync, it said it would replace all the apps on my phone with the apps in "this itunes library" (ie....just the Jamie Oliver one! - everything else is on my itunes library on my personal laptop)
Anyone know how I can transfer to my iphone without loosing all my other apps or paying for the app again

Thanks
when you connect your iphone set it to "update songs, apps etc manually" then when you sync the phone it wont transfer anything across untill you click and drag it to the iphone itself!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion