Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

BoldReason wrote: »
    Ah I was joking a bit, he hasn't been great though. Hasn't been helped by some dropped passes either.

Now it’s a mare of a game for Jackson. His head is gone like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,652 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jackson is having a poor game. Titans seem to have his number.
    Pres has done a great job preparing his defense.
    BoldReason wrote:
    I see what your saying and its hard to disagree. But for me you are either fully bought in to that approach or you are not using it. But thats just my opinion, I enjoy that analytics side of it.
    Its situational too. Playoff football means better defense and reduces the likelihood of success do I think going that in your own half that early in the game is statistically a bad play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Green Bay Packers
    Jackson is rattled. This game is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The Ravens have looked off all game. Have to think the fact their main players haven't played since the 22/12 has played some part in that. They were rolling all year and now put in this performance at home.

Titans have been great to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Pres has done a great job preparing his defense.

Its situational too. Playoff football means better defense and reduces the likelihood of success do I think going that in your own half that early in the game is statistically a bad play.

They would plan that accordingly for each defence in fairness. It isn't just a if we are 4th and 1 at the xx yard line we are always going for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Green Bay Packers
    Will he still be MVP after this ****show? Cos I've got a bet on Russel Wilson

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Reminds me of when the Packers went 15-1 and were hammered by the Giants in the play offs, a team that had built momentum in the last few weeks of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seattle Seahawks
    Still Ill wrote: »
    Will he still be MVP after this ****show? Cos I've got a bet on Russel Wilson

MVP is for the regular season I thought.

That INT is the game now. Madness.

Resting him in week 17 has definitely not helped. So rusty.

San Francisco 49ers
    Mike Vrabel also a pretty likeable guy. Was a pretty decent player too.

I enjoyed this game more than the first actually. It seemed more of a chess match even though the scoreline doesn't really reflect that. The Ravens were still firmly in it until the last 5 mins of the third. The other game was over at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

The long break may be a factor but I think they just got caught, pure and simple. Lamar is young and they have no real experience of trying to claw back a deficit this year. They are built to run the ball, control the clock and suffocate the opposition. Tennessee weren’t having it. Fair play to them

• Advertisement

The long break may be a factor but I think they just got caught, pure and simple. Lamar is young and they have no real experience of trying to claw back a deficit this year. They are built to run the ball, control the clock and suffocate the opposition. Tennessee weren’t having it. Fair play to them
    Yeah, that kinda summed it up. Titans have largely bossed the game, playing on their own terms. Henry has been a beast for them.

Green Bay Packers
    Glad I stayed up for this one.

I see the Titans have got one extra vote in our poll in the last hour, who's the chancer? ;)

This is excellent by the Titans. Great running. Killing the clock, they just need a FG to really close this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭al87987

Green Bay Packers
    They showed earlier that ravens have a +97 differential in the 1st quarter so they're used to leading from the outset. Perhaps a lack of experience in coming from behind.

Tannehill and of course Henry have been great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I guess a certain poster has to hand back the superbowl trophy since the Ravens lost

• Registered Users Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Green Bay Packers

did anyone here predict them to win?

Edit: yes, nine people did.

That's up to ten since I posted this. For the record I'm predicting the niners to win the other one today.

Green Bay Packers
    I guess a certain poster has to hand back the superbowl trophy since the Ravens lost

Who was it? Name and shame! (I can't view who voted what on my phone on chrome, but I'm oddly curious)

Green Bay Packers
    Not all on Jackson, bad non catch there which would have been a td, make the two points after that and you have an excellent chance of making a game of it after all

Not all on Jackson, bad non catch there which would have been a td, make the two points after that and you have an excellent chance of making a game of it after all

Def not all on Jackson, but think they called it right on commentary; getting him to throw 50 times was not their plan and not his game.

Seattle Seahawks
    There's your game

• Advertisement

Seattle Seahawks
    Who was it? Name and shame! (I can't view who voted what on my phone on chrome, but I'm oddly curious)

Hello 2d person below

San Francisco 49ers
    Tanehill 154 passing yard combined for last 2 games. Madness stuff..

Green Bay Packers
    BoldReason wrote: »
    Tanehill 154 passing yard combined for last 2 games. Madness stuff..

Not bad payoff for a fourth and seventh round pick.

Went to the dolphins and sb nation chat to see what they're saying, expecting them to be sick as dogs. Not at all, though, for one thing they're delighted the Ravens are losing for some reason (maybe over them running up the score earlier in the year? I dunno), but they all seem to be just happy for tannehill, and they get that he couldn't succeed in Miami.

It was an oddly mature response. I'm so used to nfc North meatballs that such a response kind of amazed me. I've become a secret dolphins fan.

Because I was looking for another team that never ****ing win to support.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Green Bay Packers
    Think that's the first time I ever saw an NFL game not go to commercials during the 2 minute warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Yeah, that kinda summed it up. Titans have largely bossed the game, playing on their own terms. Henry has been a beast for them.

Yep, as soon as Lamar had to chase the game the turnovers followed. It’s a completely different game when you are behind.

That said, I cannot believe how good Tennessee have played. I would fancy the chiefs strongly for the AFC though

• Registered Users Posts: 24 icnsprtsjrsys

Baltimore Ravens
    A.F.C. is the Chiefs to lose now

Green Bay Packers
    Jaysus, Vrabel is really making that cop earn his paycheck running after him tonight. Never understood why the coaches need a rozzer with them to shake people's hands.

Anyway Vrabel obviously has a train to catch or something. Majorly impressed with the Titans though, and very happy for our small but committed Tennessee contingent here. Hope they keep the roll going. Not sure what they'll have to do before we'll actually have some belief in them though...presumably underdogs again next week

San Francisco 49ers
    Not bad payoff for a fourth and seventh round pick.

Went to the dolphins and sb nation chat to see what they're saying, expecting them to be sick as dogs. Not at all, though, for one thing they're delighted the Ravens are losing for some reason (maybe over them running up the score earlier in the year? I dunno), but they all seem to be just happy for tannehill, and they get that he couldn't succeed in Miami.

It was an oddly mature response. I'm so used to nfc North meatballs that such a response kind of amazed me. I've become a secret dolphins fan.

Because I was looking for another team that never ****ing win to support.

Pretty sure that the dolphins are actually paying tanehill more money this year than what the titans are paying. Think I read it last week after the patriots win.

• Advertisement

Green Bay Packers
    A.F.C. is the Chiefs to lose now

Wouldn't be shocked at all if they lose tomorrow, let alone that they have the thing wrapped up. Two underrated teams to beat before they get to a Superbowl. They're a good team but to me all year they've looked capable of being beaten by a team that can deal with a QB of that style. Titans have just made Jackson look like a flute, and the Texans have been crucifying quarterbacks lately. Dangerous road ahead for the chiefs. I did still predict them to win though, but that might be that I just like watching them play, would love to see them do it in a Superbowl.

Advertisement