Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Where I wish I'd been for the past five days - a Wilco festival on the Caribbean coast of Mexico. To know of its existence and not be there hurts a little but hey, I'd welcome the entire lineup to Stradbally in Sept:

https://wilcoskybluesky.com/lineup/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

I go to EP with a bunch of radio friendly girls
    radio friendly girls sounds like a band that would play before picture this on the main stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,741 ✭✭✭endainoz

radio friendly girls sounds like a band that would play before picture this on the main stage

Or some ironic mid 00s indie type crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Where I wish I'd been for the past five days - a Wilco festival on the Caribbean coast of Mexico. To know of its existence and not be there hurts a little but hey, I'd welcome the entire lineup to Stradbally in Sept:

Theyve jerked Ireland around in recent years. 4 or 5 European runs and nowt for us. Muck.

Their hour in 08 in Stradbally was flawless however.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Theyve jerked Ireland around in recent years. 4 or 5 European runs and nowt for us. Muck.

Their hour in 08 in Stradbally was flawless however.

Last I remember is with Lucinda Williams in 2016. The band (or Jeff Tweedy) have been touring Europe a few times in late August so surprised there's been no return to EP.

Give me Wilco and I'll not moan if Calvin Harris does twelve sets over the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Last I remember is with Lucinda Williams in 2016. The band (or Jeff Tweedy) have been touring Europe a few times in late August so surprised there's been no return to EP.

Give me Wilco and I'll not moan if Calvin Harris does twelve sets over the weekend.

Same. Even tho their last 3 records havent really hit the mark for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ha ha dream on! If I remember correctly you're about getting feck all sleep right about now ;);) Do you need a break :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Some great stuff on that EOTR lineup, would take
    Angel Olsen
    Big Thief (surely have to play this year)
    Pixies
    The Comet Is Coming
    Richard Hawley
    Field Music
    WarmDuscher

Though last year some great acts played there and didn't come over (Deerhunter, Sleaford Mods, Low etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Whitney also on there. They were great last time they were in Stradbally. 4 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

LowOdour wrote: »
    Some great stuff on that EOTR lineup, would take
    Angel Olsen
    Big Thief (surely have to play this year)
    Pixies
    The Comet Is Coming
    Richard Hawley
    Field Music
    WarmDuscher

Though last year some great acts played there and didn't come over (Deerhunter, Sleaford Mods, Low etc)

Really enjoyed Sleaford and Field music sets from two years ago.

Durand Jones was my album and gig if last year, Sharon van Etten and kamasi be great too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dav09

Would love Squarepusher but I don't think he'll get asked back after the turnout for his gig in 2012 at EP.

That's a shame, Squarepusher would be great.

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ha ha dream on! If I remember correctly you're about getting feck all sleep right about now ;);) Do you need a break :)

Yep, four months on and the fuc*er won't sleep! Wilco in Mexico would have been a mite appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭rubick

sweetie wrote: »
    Durand Jones was my album and gig if last year, Sharon van Etten and kamasi be great too.

Yes! I'm shocked Kamasi Washington hasn't been booked yet. Sunday afternoon Main Stage or closing Cosby would be immense.

The addition of Kneecap to the Indie lineup was enough to convince me to buy a ticket. Should be fun to return to Mitchelstown,

Yes there are plenty on hunzo bands at it, but:

I already have picked out the 5 or 6 acts I want to see.

It's only about a two hour drive away from where I live.

It's not ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

endainoz wrote: »
    The addition of Kneecap to the Indie lineup was enough to convince me to buy a ticket. Should be fun to return to Mitchelstown,

Yes there are plenty on hunzo bands at it, but:

I already have picked out the 5 or 6 acts I want to see.

It's only about a two hour drive away from where I live.

It's not ATN.

TBF if you're going to Indie ATN probably isn't for your music taste

It's not ATN.

"...and now over to Enda for the traffic and travel updates, Enda?"

"AAARRRRRRRRRRGH!"

TBF if you're going to Indie ATN probably isn't for your music taste

I'll ignore the air of snobbery from the comment there, I've been to both and many other festivals over the years. My music taste is broader than most.

By the way there was nothing much wrong with the music at ATN, it was everything else that was the issue.

rubick wrote: »
    "...and now over to Enda for the traffic and travel updates, Enda?"

"AAARRRRRRRRRRGH!"

It's easy to laugh at it now! But that was quite accurate at the time!

It's easy to laugh at it now! But that was quite accurate at the time!

We got lucky I think - arrived in the car park for 10.30am. Still pointlessly queuing on that country lane before the main gates for two hours all the same. We travel from Antrim so stayed over in Naas the night before and had a straight run to Waterford. Our mates from Down had an 8 hour sh*tfest of it though.

Still haven't bought tickets for ATN 2020 but with all our slender Glastonbury hopes pinned on the resale we'll probably head to Waterford again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

We got lucky I think - arrived in the car park for 10.30am. Still pointlessly queuing on that country lane before the main gates for two hours all the same. We travel from Antrim so stayed over in Naas the night before and had a straight run to Waterford. Our mates from Down had an 8 hour sh*tfest of it though.

Still haven't bought tickets for ATN 2020 but with all our slender Glastonbury hopes pinned on the resale we'll probably head to Waterford again this year.

I went in on the Thursday night with the caravan. On the Friday morning I drove back to Dungarvan at 12:00, did a few things around town, picked up my SO and was back at the caravan for 2pm. There was no queue or traffic issues at that time. (Red Entrance)

• Advertisement

Back listening to Julia Jacklin's 'crushing' and having seen her twice in Dublin I'd happily have her at EP. Up there with Aldous Harding's album last year, for me. Both would be super additions.

Back listening to Julia Jacklin's 'crushing' and having seen her twice in Dublin I'd happily have her at EP. Up there with Aldous Harding's album last year, for me. Both would be super additions.

Did you see Julia in the Other Voices tent when she played EP? She was great. Would love to see both of those ladies back on the bill.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Did you see Julia in the Other Voices tent when she played EP? She was great. Would love to see both of those ladies back on the bill.

2016? no, before my time! Aldous Harding in Vicar st last year was sublime.

Good God, Sweetie. Before your time?? What age are you?

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Good God, Sweetie. Before your time?? What age are you?

sorry, 2018 was my first EP!

Happy to help out. I'm trying for 3/4 other friends that morning.

Missed both when they played, have got into them since and they'd be great additions for September.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

What was the new area like last year? Gave it a miss in September after13 picnics and have tickets for September. Not over enamored with the increase in capacity but hey ho. Not sure who to expect music wise but no doubt I'll be complaining about the line up lol

New area had lots of potential but under utilised last year. They had a cool shanty town in there, food and drinks, a lovely little shack for tiny random acts, a Jimmy Lee's Juke joint type of place. Loved that. Nice seating area outside it, bar just up the way. Then they had a massive tent used for Amelie Lens and similar. Pretty cool but like I say, could have handled a lot more traffic. It spread the thing out and aside from main stage area, it didn't feel as packed to me. Also a cool stage to replace Other Voices. This had some great music over the weekend but very small crowds. They need to push it a bit more this year.

• Advertisement

In hindsight, we should have realized the addition of Freetown was an early indication of a massive crowd increase incoming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement