Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun Substitution

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Do we know if it is now civilians processing applications across country?
    Don't know. I know of four districts using them so maybe its country wide or maybe its being trialed. It could also just be rolling out and not yet everywhere.
    Do they report to a FO or replace FO’s?
    I'd imagine report to. The law hasn't changed which means An Gardaí are still legally responsible for and the only ones able to issue firearm licenses.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Do we know if it is now civilians processing applications across country?

Do they report to a FO or replace FO’s?

Yes, Civilian staff are now processing 99% of applications. They report to the FO (A standard Guard) and the FO reports to the Super.

The move to Civilian staff is the number one reason for the increase in wait times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I submitted my renewal last Thursday at 11.03am to a civilian.
    Received my approval letter this morning, so 6 days.

A bit of a record for me.

I put this down to the fact that the civilian took the application and processed it to the stage that it could be signed off by the FO and ultimately by the Super.

Just to say that I always check that EVERYTHING on the application is correctly filled and any necessary backup is included and then I check it again.Also, I ask the civilian (or the Garda as the case may be) to read through the application to make sure everything is in order.
    FWIW, civilians processing the applications is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

That certainly is a record. I have never heard of anyone getting a response that fast. What part of the country are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

FWIW, civilians processing the applications is the way to go.[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt..in my area the civil servant is very prompt but the super causes the delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

ZiabR wrote: »
    That certainly is a record. I have never heard of anyone getting a response that fast. What part of the country are you in?

Tipp but the District would be noted for the fact that the local Super is not "keen" to issue licences (in fact he is very "unkeen" if you follow me)

Advertisement