Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You learn something new everyday.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

zanador wrote: »
    Well it's a bit darker because as noone can recognise me I'm not doing my eyebrows either

My god woman you will terrify the children when they knock at your door for Halloween.
    Does your partner not object to your hairy head?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

Kylta wrote: »
    My god woman you will terrify the children when they knock at your door for Halloween.
    Does your partner not object to your hairy head?

Halloween is cancelled this year and covid means it's also a bit.. I was gonna say dry but that would give a wrong impression

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

" i learned today" again that i having left school early am not as
    stupid as majority of population.
    seems 99% were well brainwashed to follow as lemmings and continue
    after schooling and through work life. there are many sayings that are true.
    power corrupts,tin pot colonel, give an inch and mile taken etc..

Halloween is cancelled this year and covid means it's also a bit.. I was gonna say dry but that would give a wrong impression

Dry!!! Why wrong impression?
    Well you can groom your beard for xmas and you could call yourself santa.

Dry!!! Why wrong impression?
    Well you can groom your beard for xmas and you could call yourself santa.

Santa is also cancelled. I'm quite happy with my hirsuteness it's getting chilly in the evenings and Eamonn is making me make a choice about my heating.

I don't want to explain the dry thing but if you think about it you'll get there

• Advertisement

Santa is also cancelled. I'm quite happy with my hirsuteness it's getting chilly in the evenings and Eamonn is making me make a choice about my heating.

I don't want to explain the dry thing but if you think about it you'll get there

I'd imagine hibernation is on the cards for you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

iamstop wrote: »
    Today I read the word Thixotropic for the first time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thixotropy
    I knew the Greek root of this word would look lovely so I had to look it up:

θίξις

Isn't that pretty? Thixis, meaning 'touch'.

I knew the Greek root of this word would look lovely so I had to look it up:

θίξις

Isn't that pretty? Thixis, meaning 'touch'.

Sounds good I just thixis myself

Sounds good I just thixis myself

Was it my hairiness?

Was it my hairiness?

With or without your hair i'll definitely thixis myself thinking about you now. So now when your hibernating you can sleep well knowing my thixis is all about you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

pulchritudinous means beautiful

ablelocks wrote: »

Pulchritudino thixis, can't see it catching on, even watching football, you wont get away with pulchritudino thixis for a beautiful touch. Would love to hear it so though

Was it my hairiness?

Hey Z how do you fancy a pulchritudino thixis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

If the early bird catches the worm, How do the best things come to those who wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

jelem wrote: »
    " i learned today" again that i having left school early am not as
    stupid as majority of population.
    seems 99% were well brainwashed to follow as lemmings and continue
    after schooling and through work life. there are many sayings that are true.
    power corrupts,tin pot colonel, give an inch and mile taken etc..
    Funny how your post doesn't indicate intelligence but does indicate a lack of knowledge and education. You didn't even actually say what people are brainwashed about. Your inability to make a valid point may indicate not that other people are stupid but you cannot understand them. Most people have varying opinions neither stupid nor smart but just a different view. If I don't agree with you it doesn't make me stupid. If I know more than you it doesn't make you stupid however if you are unable to grasp a principle or concept whether you agree or not you would be stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I still wouldn't use it in a pick up line though:D

Hey Z how do you fancy a pulchritudino thixis?

Well, now I'm blushing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Pulchritudinous combines the Latin word pulchritūdō, meaning “beauty,” with the adjectival suffix -ous, meaning “full of.” (Pulchritūdō also gives us the noun pulchritude, meaning “physical beauty” and first recorded in the 1400s.) Pulchritudinous began to appear in the early 1700s and gained popularity in the 1800s with American authors who started using the word because it was humorously long and overly complicated.

Pulchritudinous doesn’t sound like it means “beautiful,” and that’s usually precisely why it’s used—to be ironic, facetious, or just silly. Washington Irving employed it in The Crayon Miscellany (1835) alongside other unnecessarily complex words to make fun of an advertisement for ginger ale.

Because there are many shorter, more common words that could be used instead, pulchritudinous is a word most people either don’t know or avoid using so as not to cause confusion. But if you want to get fancy or a bit cheeky, pulchritudinous is a beautiful choice.

Copied from
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/pulchritudinous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

No matter how well you safeguard your lighter in work, it goes missing.

Well, now I'm blushing

Take a deep breathe, no point in you getting over excited. Or you might actually have a wet halloween

• Advertisement

Take a deep breathe, no point in you getting over excited. Or you might actually have a wet halloween

Excellent work

• Registered Users Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Before I make my statement, I have to point out that I have always had zero interest in geography in school, and really don't care about where places are in general unless I'm actively going to that place. I'm in Limerick and I know Munster counties well, but outside of that I'm basically clueless. So, in the middle of an Amazon Return via Parcel Motel, I just discovered something. The return address PM are using was showing a post code and Antrim. I Google mapped the post code and it showed Belfast. I was then convinced that something was wrong as Belfast is in Donegal...

Belfast is in Antrim. I learned that today. And I still dislike geography.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

The majority of Belfast, the capital city of Northern Ireland, is in County Antrim, with the remainder being in County Down.

iamstop wrote: »
    The majority of Belfast, the capital city of Northern Ireland, is in County Antrim, with the remainder being in County Down.

No that, is something I didnt know. I always thought belfast was in antrim

Excellent work

No problem. If your stuck with anything again, you know were to look

No problem. If your stuck with anything again, you know were to look

Thanks, sista

Thanks, sista

Like your sense of humour hairy head

Like your sense of humour hairy head

Hill Hairious?

Hill Hairious?

Just had a shave, was thinkin maybe it might be safer for you to get rid of unwanted/wanted hair. If your mask falls people might think you big foot or little foot depending on how big you are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Kansas City is in Missouri.

Advertisement