Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Plus 6T Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

xtal191 wrote: »

Oh that's pretty nice but is it a bit pink :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hmm I cant decide between a 128gb, 8gb Oneplus 6T for €579 or just get a 128gb, 8gb Oneplus 6 for under €535.

Is it really worth the extra? I honestly don't care about the screen fingerprint, its a gimmick imo. The bigger battery is tempting but then I'm losing headphone jack and notification light hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

You can get a notification led app apparently and you get the adapter for head phone jack

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

You can’t use the referral code and the free priority shipping code on one order. which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I'm torn between this phone and the Pixel 2 XL, updates, camera and lack of bloatware important to me really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

Dave147 wrote: »
    I'm torn between this phone and the Pixel 2 XL, updates, camera and lack of bloatware important to me really.

Oneplus are pretty much stock Android and they're very good for updates.

I presume the face unlock shouldn’t be relied on for security?

Mine should be here Friday. I'm trying to find tempered glass screen protectors and protective cases. What are people using/going to use? Not much on amazon etc.

hurler97 wrote: »
    If I order at 10 am Tuesday, will I have the OP6T for Friday 9th November? I'm in Cork City...

Yeah

xtal191 wrote: »
    Hmm I cant decide between a 128gb, 8gb Oneplus 6T for €579 or just get a 128gb, 8gb Oneplus 6 for under €535.

Is it really worth the extra? I honestly don't care about the screen fingerprint, its a gimmick imo. The bigger battery is tempting but then I'm losing headphone jack and notification light hmmmm

for the sake of the battery improvement alone I would go with the 6t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

CWF wrote: »
    Mine should be here Friday. I'm trying to find tempered glass screen protectors and protective cases. What are people using/going to use? Not much on amazon etc.

Bought a sandstone case with the phone, the screen protector that comes with it is fine for me.

Well it was on the OPO and the OP3 anyways.

DHL saying it will be hear tomorrow which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Got mine today. Lovely phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone have a priority shipping code please PM me. Thanks

Anyone have a priority shipping code please PM me. Thanks

Have you signed up for their newsletter? They will send you a code when you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Ordered mine at 10am yesterday, have a wedding on Saturday so hoping to have it for then. Still no dispatch email unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Ordered mine at 10am yesterday, have a wedding on Saturday so hoping to have it for then. Still no dispatch email unfortunately

That's odd, I ordered mine at 8PM yesterday and got my tracking number this morning. It's still in Poland though by the looks of it.

Edit: There's priority shipping on mine.

Morpork wrote: »

That's odd, I ordered mine at 8PM yesterday and got my tracking number this morning. It's still in Poland though by the looks of it.

Edit: There's priority shipping on mine.
    Same here

Nevermind, just got confirmation and looks to be in Poland, priority shipping too

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Ordered yesterday 9am priority shipping, here at, 11am today. Unfortunately delivered to work and I'm off sick today. 😢

FaganJr wrote:
    Ordered yesterday 9am priority shipping, here at, 11am today. Unfortunately delivered to work and I'm off sick today. 😢

Are you in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

FaganJr wrote: »
    Ordered yesterday 9am priority shipping, here at, 11am today. Unfortunately delivered to work and I'm off sick today. ��

same as all that but won't get mine till tomoro evening

Nov 07, 2018
    11:31 pm
    Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG-DEUDHL Express
    LEIPZIG - DEU
    Nov 07, 2018
    06:47 pm
    Departed Facility in SZCZECIN-POLDHL Express
    SZCZECIN - POL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭podge3

Ordered mine early on the 6th and its out for delivery now. I had a priority delivery voucher but I used regular as I had a €20 referral voucher which I wanted to use and you can only use one.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Ordered one this morning and DHL text saying it will arrive tomorrow. Getting it shipped to Parcel Motel so will be another day added.

It took me about 20 attempts to order it. For some reason the delivery address was causing issue so payment method was kicking up a stink. I logged a support ticket - no response. Tried to post in community forum - no access, live chat - idiot Bot. Logged another ticket, and all they said it was to do with my address & that only Paypal accepted.

Tried another 4-5 times this morning, and one finally worked.

Ranjo wrote: »
    Ordered one this morning and DHL text saying it will arrive tomorrow. Getting it shipped to Parcel Motel so will be another day added.

It took me about 20 attempts to order it. For some reason the delivery address was causing issue so payment method was kicking up a stink. I logged a support ticket - no response. Tried to post in community forum - no access, live chat - idiot Bot. Logged another ticket, and all they said it was to do with my address & that only Paypal accepted.

Tried another 4-5 times this morning, and one finally worked.

Arrived after 40 hours only, lovely phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

What ive noticed is that whatsapp messages do not wake the screen (when the phone is locked), anyone else getting this or know how to get it working?

Edit; Nevermind, found the option in Settings -> Ambient display

hurler97 wrote:
    Are you in Ireland?

Yes, great delivery times

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

Ordered 9:15am on Tuesday, arrived 9:34am Wednesday morning. Paid for priority but still, wasn't expecting that!!

Delighted with it so far, it's extremely quick and a major upgrade over my Samsung A5.

Day 1
    Full charge
    7am - 11pm
    32% battery remaining

SOT 4hrs 54mins

Impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    same as all that but won't get mine till tomoro evening

Nov 07, 2018
    11:31 pm
    Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG-DEUDHL Express
    LEIPZIG - DEU
    Nov 07, 2018
    06:47 pm
    Departed Facility in SZCZECIN-POLDHL Express
    SZCZECIN - POL

ordered 6th nov at 9am priority
    received at 11.15 am 8th nov

can't do any better than that, hell know how some got it in barely 24hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Delivered today (well, to Parcel Motel anyway), so essentially next day delivery.

Hoping PM get it out to me overnight, otherwise it's Monday :-(

Worse still, I was home all day so could have had it in my hands right now.

Advertisement