Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Ryanair discusion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Rawr

rivegauche wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/manufacturing/tyrone-company-wins-ryanair-bus-contract-1.4051258

No idea where these buses will be used.
    I can't believe they need them anywhere on the island of Ireland.
    Last flight from Frankfurt the Pilot was complaining about the service of the bus operator but I'd doubt that FRAPORT would allow them bring their own buses on to the apron.
    I saw the plane was on the ground a long time before they were ready to board and unboard passengers.

Maybe this is some kind of crew bus for their bases?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

Rawr wrote: »
    Maybe this is some kind of crew bus for their bases?
    Why, the crew are responsible for getting themselves to and from their place of work. They aren't like the middle east carriers who would be ferrying staff to Hotels after shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Rawr

Why, the crew are responsible for getting themselves to and from their place of work. They aren't like the middle east carriers who would be ferrying staff to Hotels after shift.

What I meant is air-side crew shuttle busses. To get to/from aircraft and the crew base.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Rawr wrote: »
    What I meant is air-side crew shuttle busses. To get to/from aircraft and the crew base.
    a bus with capacity for 125 people to take a couple of pilots and 4 or whatever cabin crew.... yep.... but a weeeee bit overspecced maybe for that purpose .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Where does Ryanair self-handle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

125 seems like a sub optimal number of passengers for a 737.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

125 seems like a sub optimal number of passengers for a 737.

Up to 125. So more like 100 for pax with bags. So 2 required for a fully loaded plane. Sounds fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

L1011 wrote: »
    Where does Ryanair self-handle?

Dublin, Stansted, a few Spanish airports including the Canary islands and a few Polish airports.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

New Ryanair stands will be down located near the Aer Lingus hanger and beside where private jets are located so will be used in Dublin to ferry passengers down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

what ever happened to the stands they used to use out the back of the old, old terminal, the art deco one ? I havent seen them used in ages I know DAA are in the floors above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

trellheim wrote: »
    what ever happened to the stands they used to use out the back of the old, old terminal, the art deco one ? I havent seen them used in ages I know DAA are in the floors above

Not used for anything really but all the seats and screen's are still in place, don't think there's enough space at each gate for a Ryanair flight, certainly for one of the ATR's...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Not used for anything really but all the seats and screen's are still in place, don't think there's enough space at each gate for a Ryanair flight, certainly for one of the ATR's...

EI used to use them for busing to the "Commuter" branded flights that were operated by Aer Arann/Stobart. Flew early morning to Edinburgh a few times from down there.

Gates 336 & 337 seems to fill that purpose for EI now.

trellheim wrote: »

I think the extension of pier D has allowed passengers walk to the stands at the very end of the pier were before they had to be bussed from these gates you're talking about. I guess they could still use these gates in future if they decide to use more remote stands.

https://www.mro-network.com/airlines/ryanair-outsources-airframe-checks-middle-east

Ryanair will have some maintenance done in Jordan.

In-house maintenance facilities already exist but they contract outside.

to me this says they want to keep their options open with regard to either keeping airframes longer or keeping a younger fleet.
    I suspect they want to keep a younger fleet but simply aren't getting the build slots from Boeing early enough and at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Probably Ryanair "Sun" registered aircraft, it seems RA group are expanding further East, Israel, Jordan, Armenia and Georgia....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Probably Ryanair "Sun" registered aircraft, it seems RA group are expanding further East, Israel, Jordan, Armenia and Georgia....

They’ve 3 aircraft grounded so far due to the pitch fork problem, supposedly more to come, they’re trying to keep as many in the fleet whilst waiting on the maxes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

https://www.mro-network.com/airlines/ryanair-outsources-airframe-checks-middle-east

Ryanair will have some maintenance done in Jordan.

In-house maintenance facilities already exist but they contract outside.

to me this says they want to keep their options open with regard to either keeping airframes longer or keeping a younger fleet.
    I suspect they want to keep a younger fleet but simply aren't getting the build slots from Boeing early enough and at the right price.

Build slots aren't much use when the planes supplied can't fly. MAX wont fly this year at this stage and getting the backlog airworthy will take months when it does

The point being that if they had made a strategic decision to keep airframes longer then they would have probably announced extended operations at one of their existing maintenance facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Wrex

Does row 2 DEF on the Ryanair 737-800 come with significant extra leg room, like an emergency exit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Wrex wrote: »
    Does row 2 DEF on the Ryanair 737-800 come with significant extra leg room, like an emergency exit?
    Yes, but you have no under seat storage

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭blackwhite

dohouch wrote: »
    Yes, but you have no under seat storage

And the seats have solid dividers between them instead of raisable armrests

Picture of row 2 is in this article

https://readyjetroam.com/is-ryanair-flexi-plus-worth-the-cost/amp/

I was in this row on my last trip. More legroom but a lot of passing traffic and not much stowage space above you for your bag in those lockers.
    more than remote chance you'd be asked by cabin crew to move if they get a limited mobility passenger that they weren't expecting and you won't be refunded. Bloke beside me had crutches.

Good news for the Irish Aviation industry:
    Ryanair Maintenance will be doing more maintenance work for Lauda supporting jobs in the local(Irish)economy much to the annoyance of Austrian Trade Unions who are casting aspersions as to the quality of maintenance conducted overseas and oversight/regulation i.e. in Ireland.
    I can provide a number of links relating to this but none in English as the news is hot off the presses. You can search for the Keywords Lauda, Vida and Laudamotion Tecknik and then translate using google translate.
    positive developments related to the Irish aviation industry are not always reported in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

God forbid that Austrian maintenance staff should protest about their jobs being taken away.

They can protest but making spurious claims about the quality of Irish Maintenance Professionals with emphasis on "Professionals" doesn't endear them to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

They can protest but making spurious claims about the quality of Irish Maintenance Professionals with emphasis on "Professionals" doesn't endear them to me.

What level of maintenance are Ryanair going to be doing for Lauda motion and where...?

Good news for the Irish Aviation industry:
    Ryanair Maintenance will be doing more maintenance work for Lauda supporting jobs in the local(Irish)economy much to the annoyance of Austrian Trade Unions who are casting aspersions as to the quality of maintenance conducted overseas and oversight/regulation i.e. in Ireland.
    I can provide a number of links relating to this but none in English as the news is hot off the presses. You can search for the Keywords Lauda, Vida and Laudamotion Tecknik and then translate using google translate.
    positive developments related to the Irish aviation industry are not always reported in English.

What are you on about? Where are the Irish jobs? Are they not just switching to being regulated by the IAA? The jobs are staying in Vienna unless you can show me something different?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Been on a couple of older Ryanair jets EI-D** series, and they seem to have had a fairly substantial refurbishment.

They both have had slimline seating added, appear to have had all side panels either replaced, every single light changed new carpet fitted, new seat row labels and one of them I was in the toilet on, looked like it had recently had everything replaced there.

Also there seems to be some kind of mood lighting fitted, as in the night they changed all the white lights to blue lights and when landing in darkness there was some dim blue lighting going along the ceiling of the cabin. every 4 or so rows, alternating between one side and the other.

How many planes are getting this upgrade? They honestly look like a brand new plane inside, although the leg-room on these is not as good as the ones with the Sky Interior, but it's better than the ones with the original thicker seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Ryanair has lost its case against Peter Bellew in which it sought to prevent him from joining easyJet until 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭wetoutside19

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Ryanair has lost its case against Peter Bellew in which it sought to prevent him from joining easyJet until 2021.

I am thinking that even though it’s an expensive loss for Ryanair that MOL won’t regret taking the case as he had the opportunity to damage Bellews reputation. Some big punches thrown

Advertisement