Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General race thread 2021 **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Allaphillipe will be looking to win stage 2 and go into yellow imo

Yep

https://twitter.com/Cyclingnewsfeed/status/1405944441089806344?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

YakerK wrote: »
    With Adam Yates, Bernal, Dennis, Ganna, Dani Martinez, Moscon, Narvaez and Pidcock, Ineos could possibly have a stronger team not going to the tour than the have going.

Whilst Sosa, Sivakov, Heano, Dunbar, De Plus, Amador probabaly would make almost any other squad outside of Ineos A & B team!

Although the way Rohan Dennis has been riding lately, it seems crazy not to bring him.

Rohan Dennis wasnt that hot at Tour de Suisse where Eddie Dunbar was super
    Not picked cos he is leaving
    I think they should have brought Adam Yates . One of the few who can keep up with Rog and Pog...just not consistently but hey he only needs to do it on certain stages
    Haven't seen dd Plus all season ? Pidcock injured
    Other at the Giro

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I’m taking my duties of setting up fantasy leagues very seriously. I’ll set up one for the Tour today and send details.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Filippo Ganna beaten into 4th place in the nationals, not seeing any reports of a crash or mechanical. He was 53 seconds down on the winner Matteo Sobrero.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Brian? wrote: »
    I’m taking my duties of setting up fantasy leagues very seriously. I’ll set up one for the Tour today and send details.

Which on you using? I remember the official tour one being crap last year, and velogames had a cease and desist to not run theirs

• Advertisement

7km in the women's road race in Spain and one of the 2 out front crashed. What a class act Mavi Garcia is, sat up to wait for her competitor gesturing for her to relax and calm down before they got going proper again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,603 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

YakerK wrote: »
    With Adam Yates, Bernal, Dennis, Ganna, Dani Martinez, Moscon, Narvaez and Pidcock, Ineos could possibly have a stronger team not going to the tour than the have going.

Whilst Sosa, Sivakov, Heano, Dunbar, De Plus, Amador probabaly would make almost any other squad outside of Ineos A & B team!

Although the way Rohan Dennis has been riding lately, it seems crazy not to bring him.

Ya there is something crazy about some of Dennis performances recently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,997 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

retalivity wrote: »
    Which on you using? I remember the official tour one being crap last year, and velogames had a cease and desist to not run theirs

Velogames brought theirs back last year and it's planned in again this year. I did the official one last year but I prefer Velogames.

Velogames

Edit : it's not available yet

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Filippo Ganna beaten into 4th place in the nationals, not seeing any reports of a crash or mechanical. He was 53 seconds down on the winner Matteo Sobrero.

Wow.

I saw the top 3 and assumed he missed it for some reason

• Advertisement

Velogames

Edit : it's not available yet

Are there any fantasy games where you get to do things mid race.

Velogames is pretty crap you just pick the team and check back 21 days later

All the national road races on today, saw that Peter Sagan won the Slovakian one, 3mins ahead of 2nd place and 12mins ahead of 3rd!
    Only 23 finished, with 60+ outside the time limit. Don't recognise any of the other names, Looks like he completely took the piss.

Cavagna won France, Colbrelli Italy, WVA Belgium and Fraile Spain.

All the national road races on today, saw that Peter Sagan won the Slovakian one, 3mins ahead of 2nd place and 12mins ahead of 3rd!
    Only 23 finished, with 60+ outside the time limit. Don't recognise any of the other names, Looks like he completely took the piss.

Delighted for Cavanga and Sagan never looks right in team colours

That time for Sagan and back to 2nd and 3rd could be deceptive as I think the Czech's and Slovak's usually ride in one race. If that's the case Sagan was still first home but the gap to 2nd place on the road, a Czech, was 35 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

breezy1985 wrote: »

Ye I find velogames kind of boring . You have to stick with the team from the start and if you lose a couple of riders in the first week you lose interest . In my view it Should be that you can change your team fir each stage

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Ye I find velogames kind of boring . You have to stick with the team from the start and if you lose a couple of riders in the first week you lose interest . In my view it Should be that you can change your team fir each stage

I'm alright with the same team but you should be able to pick captains and other riders for bonuses. Like being able to pick a breakaway man and if he gets in the breakaway you get bonus points same for points and kom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,997 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I'm alright with the same team but you should be able to pick captains and other riders for bonuses. Like being able to pick a breakaway man and if he gets in the breakaway you get bonus points same for points and kom

Ya I'm similar to you there. Bonuses would be great or even just transfers in rest day breaks. I've the sense Velogames is a one man operation and that may be why it's relatively limited. I still like it and play all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭De Bhál

That's my favourite thing about it. Pick team and let lady luck run it's course.

De Bhál wrote: »
    That's my favourite thing about it. Pick team and let lady luck run it's course.

Ya but there is no interaction until the end. Might as will pick a winner in Paddy Power and wait it out

League Name: Mosney U-16 road race 1993 reunion
    League Code: 535548934

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

League Name: Mosney U-16 road race 1993 reunion
    League Code: 535548934

Ah here, Alaphillipe is listed as a climber? MVDP as a sprinter??

Ah here, Alaphillipe is listed as a climber? MVDP as a sprinter??

I would suggest you direct your complaints to the good people at Velo games.

they/them/theirs

I would suggest you direct your complaints to the good people at Velo games.

Hah wasnt having a go at you, couldnt believe that Alaphillipe was listed as a climber at twice the price of Dan!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

No Nicholas Roche in this years TdeF either.
    Dan is the only Irish cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

deise08 wrote: »

Yep poor Dan is our solo representative, I would imagine he has free reign to go for stages, and that is probably the best way to spend his energy after the Giro. Hopefully he can deliver something!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,284 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

deise08 wrote: »

No Bardet for DSM at the TDF ... unusual for a French rider?
    At the Giro Nico was mainly focused on protecting him.
    Looks like DSM are stage hunting.

Hopefully Nico will ride Vuelta as seems like Bardet is being lined up for that - even skipping the Olympics.
    https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/romain-bardet-pulls-out-of-olympic-games/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    No Bardet for DSM at the TDF ... unusual for a French rider?
    At the Giro Nico was mainly focused on protecting him.
    Looks like DSM are stage hunting.

Hopefully Nico will ride Vuelta as seems like Bardet is being lined up for that - even skipping the Olympics.
    https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/romain-bardet-pulls-out-of-olympic-games/

AFAIRemember, Bardet was sick of the constant french focus on him at AG2R, was glad to get out and go somewhere else and do something else.
    Hence the moev to DSM, then the Giro, and probably the Vuelta and Il Lombaria

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Team presentation live now on Eurosport. Keep an eye out for Froome and whether he looks set to ride on rim brakes. BTW, he's doing a pretty good job on pimping himself out to various tech companies — he must half dozen on side now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

There's a lot of teams whose stated aim is stage hunting, makes sense with Pogacar, Roglic and Ineos going to hoover up GC attention, and should make for great fun every day for the first hour or two till the break gets away.

• Advertisement

Peterx wrote: »
    There's a lot of teams whose stated aim is stage hunting, makes sense with Pogacar, Roglic and Ineos going to hoover up GC attention, and should make for great fun every day for the first hour or two till the break gets away.

My dream and it's a long shot is for Dan to win stage 1 and 2 and then doing a Tommy Voeckler on it for the rest of the tour

Advertisement