Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Very surprised to hear Rory O'Neill on another live RTE show after the payout they had to make the last time.

A little ironic with all the talk about Joan Freeman yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ó Neill ignoring the fact that unless vast majority of all ages vaccinated there is scope for vaccine resistant strains spreading from the unvaccinated, irrisponsible talk.

But but but he had to close his bar for a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The 2016 Census for the Republic gives the population as 4.7 million but BOC seemingly can only find the same half dozen from the 'golden triangle' to interview. I'm sick of the like of Panti Bliss being wheeled out every ****ing week. Who cares what he thinks? Am I allowed to say that? :rolleyes:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The 2016 Census for the Republic gives the population as 4.7 million but BOC seemingly can only find the same half dozen from the 'golden triangle' to interview. I'm sick of the like of Panti Bliss being wheeled out every ****ing week. Who cares what he thinks? Am I allowed to say that? :rolleyes:

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

He's pathologically incapable of allowing Kingston Mills to complete a point without interrupting him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

He has no import outside lazy, lazy media, his dive bars and college going twitterers and their now middle aged 'mommies' and 'pappies', to use his vernacular.

BOC is going to need surgery to remove his tongue from....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

That Panti Bliss is some dose, is he the only one in the studio, seems like the whole show is about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

mgn wrote: »
    That Panti Bliss is some dose, is he the only one in the studio, seems like the whole show is about him.

Seems to be getting a positive reaction from the texting listeners.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

You'd swear the panti one was the first ever to talk about the despair that some have the past year.
    It is amazing to hear this show post-panel make out he's some oracle or seer when the ordinary sham in the street who is never asked their opinion by RTE has been saying this from the very start.

• Advertisement

Seems to be getting a positive reaction from the texting that BOC reads out listeners.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    You'd swear the panti one was the first ever to talk about the despair that some have the past year.
    It is amazing to hear this show post-panel make out he's some oracle or seer when the ordinary sham in the street who is never asked their opinion by RTE has been saying this from the very start.

Its actually like a new RTE today. The barrage of stay at home, stay apart to come together, we're all in it together seems to be ceased. Is this due to the protest march yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

His terrible fake accent alone makes him unlistenable

Some sort of imagined San Francisco by way of Ballina accent that he THINKS sounds woke and sophisticated??

Let me tell readers here, the vast majority of LGB people would not refer to themselves as 'queer people'
    That's a political slant, derived from batshít crazy critical queer theory and mouth-breathed by people like yer man that are the only ones who get on RTE etc and are seen by officialdom as reps for every lesbian, gay or bisexual person.
    They are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭cozar

Interruptions by BOC is seriously annoying. Just let the film critic talk ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

A little ironic with all the talk about Joan Freeman yesterday.

Was a similar payout made for on air comments made by Joan Freeman or Maria Bailey?

Was a similar payout made for on air comments made by Joan Freeman or Maria Bailey?

Freeman's family have a lot of emmmm.... Connections within the Iona "institute". Which is one of the group's that threatened to so over Rory/Pantis comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

FYP.

Well, to be fair, he’s never going to read out texts referring to “that tranny” or from the anti-RTÉ/Late Late crowd banging on about “adrenochrome” and the like.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Well, to be fair, he’s never going to read out texts referring to “that tranny” or from the anti-RTÉ/Late Late crowd banging on about “adrenochrome” and the like.

Well, the should read no texts out so.

• Advertisement

Well, the should read no texts out so.

If I you were a guest on the show and I texted in and said "mgn eats kills babies". Or "Can you ask mgn do they eat and kill babies".

Would you really expect them to read it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Very much so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

And in the week a fine gael political candidate was convicted of massive fraud, Maria could have picked a better week to give her interview!!

If I you were a guest on the show and I texted in and said "mgn eats kills babies". Or "Can you ask mgn do they eat and kill babies".

Would you really expect them to read it out?

What sort of comparison is that,

What is the point of people texting into a show if you cant be critical of the person or what the are saying, you seem to think that only positive texts should be read out.

Mod - please refrain from casual referencing of the word "tranny" on radio forum. Thank you.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Only got to listen back this evening, sweet suffering baby jebus on a swing ! What planet is Maria on, I’m surprised she can walk with the chip on her shoulder. The absolute joke of an interview, BOC should be embarrassed after that one.

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    Only got to listen back this evening, sweet suffering baby jebus on a swing ! What planet is Maria on, I’m surprised she can walk with the chip on her shoulder. The absolute joke of an interview, BOC should be embarrassed after that one.

Hold on now, be careful, you might cross humanity if you keep going..............

:pac::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hold on now, be careful, you might cross humanity if you keep going..............

:pac::rolleyes:

I nearly went cross eyed rolling my eyes listening, the lack of awareness really was something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

pc7 wrote: »

If you think she's bad,you should tip over to the MB thread and read what her defenders are saying :).

If you think she's bad,you should tip over to the MB thread and read what her defenders are saying :).

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,132 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Most of us with with any intelligence have copped on to these beuers a long time ago.

Any charidee with a CEO and Management team won't see any of this posters hard earned.

Only thing they will get from this poster is a swift two fingers.......

a very Woke colleague left to work with Focus, left as she could not put up with her new colleagues laughing at the situation of their homeless clients

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Link?

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.
    Current Affairs/IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,132 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

His terrible fake accent alone makes him unlistenable

Some sort of imagined San Francisco by way of Ballina accent that he THINKS sounds woke and sophisticated??
    the most bizzare accent

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

dvcireland wrote: »
    the most bizzare accent

Every second word was ‘ummmm’ sounded like a US teenager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

She was clearly coached in how she conducted herself during it too. Pause before answering any question, speak very slowly in a low voice, slight pause between each word...

I have noticed this a lot lately on Radio and TV, female guests all seem to do this, Ivana Bacik, who is normal quite vocal did it a while back on TWIP.

Intereview with a Twitter Exec Sinéad Whelan for EMEA region at the moent with Brenda. Brendan not doing very well: He's trying to come across as "woke" but failing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,036 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

At last someone who wants to use the phrase 'died'.

He didn't pass, or was lost.

Bravo that woman.

Why oh why do RTÉ and Newstalk persist with engaging the services of that dose edwina curry ????

Good old Edwina Currie - Meghen Markle is a total waste of space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

BOC virtually apologising for Edwina Currie expressing a view that just happens not to fit into a strictly accepted 'woke' modern narrative about gender/relationships...grow a pair

Decluttering - a Masters. :rolleyes: Highly original topic for a radio show - is she related to the host or some other RTE staffer?

• Advertisement

All of My Heart by ABC
    The best thing of any output by the BOC Show in weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Decluttering - a Masters. :rolleyes: Highly original topic for a radio show - is she related to the host or some other RTE staffer?

Certainly is a motormouth, nobody can deny that.

I heard an interview a few weeks back on Arena with a woman doing a PhD in Harry Styles and his influence on modern culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭kazamo

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    All of My Heart by ABC
    The best thing of any output by the BOC Show in weeks!

Ah no....Justified and Ancient by the KLF was played a few weeks ago.
    Can’t beat Tammy Wynette singing daft lyrics.......Ancients of Mu Mu...pure class

kazamo wrote: »
    Ah no....Justified and Ancient by the KLF was played a few weeks ago.
    Can’t beat Tammy Wynette singing daft lyrics.......Ancients of Mu Mu...pure class
    +1

Jaysus, you have me snookered there alright :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,036 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cole wrote: »
    BOC virtually apologising for Edwina Currie expressing a view that just happens not to fit into a strictly accepted 'woke' modern narrative about gender/relationships...grow a pair

He sounded on edge for her interview, afraid she'd say something controversial.

It reminded me the way his tv show went. Started off very good but it got to the stage where he'd stop his guests saying anything that could potentially be considered controversial, and as a result it went to pot.

Today he ended up by saying "well that is only your opinion " to her. Yes we know it's her opinion Brendan, we just heard her say it, stop covering your and rtes ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Character Building

*Everyone's a winner " declares BOC. Why is there no discussion about the potential criminal liability these gangsters could /should be facing?

*Everyone's a winner " declares BOC. Why is there no discussion about the potential criminal liability these gangsters could /should be facing?

I was pretty astounded by how blasé he was also

And then to top it off the token ex guard (full of useless platitudes) said something like “don’t worry it was 7 years ago things have improved since then”

BOC attitude is typical of the golden circle - slap on wrist and a quiet “don’t do it again” but sneaking regard for them at same time.

The golden rule in Ireland seems to be “don’t get caught”

Now the gobsh1te ex guard fantasising about water cannons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

This lad likes the power

Advertisement