Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Porklife wrote: »
    They don't call me porklife for nothing!! ðŸ˜႒����

I burst out laughing at that :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,807 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Another thread reminded of him.

Paul Costello comes across as a real git from what I've seen of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Bobblehats wrote: »
    I wouldn’t say it’s so much the face more the.....strange world; he’s built up around it

Oh, like him and the (equally annoying-faced) missus acting like nobody else has ever had children before? :D
    Agree about Tom Fletcher.. such a stupid name for a band too, McFly.

I remember seeing an interview with that band years ago where they were basically like “Marty McFly is a classic, important, cool film character, of COURSE we named our band after him!”. Will ye relax, lads, Back To The Future is an enjoyable romp but let’s not overstate things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Oh, like him and the (equally annoying-faced) missus acting like nobody else has ever had children before? :D

I remember seeing an interview with that band years ago where they were basically like “Marty McFly is a classic, important, cool film character, of COURSE we named our band after him!”. Will ye relax, lads, Back To The Future is an enjoyable romp but let’s not overstate things.

Haha oh my God, knowing that was their reasoning I dislike him even more. His wife is insufferable too, too sweet to be wholesome and the kind of woman who acts like motherhood is such a breeze and enjoys when her baby ****s on her face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Haha oh my God, knowing that was their reasoning I dislike him even more. His wife is insufferable too, too sweet to be wholesome and the kind of woman who acts like motherhood is such a breeze and enjoys when her baby ****s on her face.

I should be posting this in the trivial annoyances thread but Professional Parents annoy me. By that, I mean celebs who pontificate on parenthood or think that they are experts on it simply because they are famous. I must stress that I don’t begrudge those celebs their wealth but they live in a completely different world that most parents can’t relate to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭Archeron

Maybe not too inexplicable but Phil Jupitus. I used to be fairly neutral about him, he said the odd funny thing and he appeared on a fair few shows, so meh. Watching the newer episodes of QI now and he has turned into an awful attention seeking, lecherous, drama llama theatrical luvvy cravat wearing monstrosity. No offence Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭John arse

I should be posting this in the trivial annoyances thread but Professional Parents annoy me. By that, I mean celebs who pontificate on parenthood or think that they are experts on it simply because they are famous. I must stress that I don’t begrudge those celebs their wealth but they live in a completely different world that most parents can’t relate to.
    yep,i think unfortunately that they see parenthood as a career move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

John arse wrote: »
    yep,i think unfortunately that they see parenthood as a career move

It often doesn't turn out too well for them.

I think Samantha Mumba thought she could become one of those 'professional mummy bloggers'.

When she announced she expecting a sprog, she announced it the same day as Kate Middleton, the wife of Prince William.
    Worst possible timing. Nobody cared because her kid wasn't royalty.

Vogue at least was able to get the usual tripe shows to pay attention. Helped she was dating a Towie fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Office people who say folks or guys.

The latter less so, but folks is just the worst.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

" Hi team "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Spencer and Giovanna where in Made in Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I always say folks when I'm chatting to more than one person at a time.

I've just realised I'm one of those t**ts who annoys people with silly office speak.

I just want to thank you MuffinTop86 for your feedback on the matter. I will hit the ground running in trying not to do that this week. Maybe we will brainstorm sometime this week for an update. I'll revert back and touch base with you shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

Jo Brand and Michael Mcintyre
    Think they are funnier than they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,021 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Stephen Donnelly must be mentioned somewhere, if not, let me oblige. He becomes more irratating as this pandemic rolls on

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Robbie Williams.

He gets right up my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Stephen Donnelly must be mentioned somewhere, if not, let me oblige. He becomes more irratating as this pandemic rolls on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,062 ✭✭✭DenMan

Ronan Keating, what an obnoxious git. I read he wants to meet Boris Johnson in a park to discuss the UK's government's actions that are affecting the arts, with music in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Robbie Williams.

Probably should try to stop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,789 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s beyond me how anybody would like that egotistical sham boy Williams....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Julia Roberts.

That canyon of a mouth is just obnoxious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Strumms wrote: »

He really is the king of the knobs alright. Being the centre of attention all the time is literally like oxygen to the twerp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Robbie Williams.

Be careful what you wish for !!!!

Pierce Brosnan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Meh Ryan.

Not that we see or hear much from her anymore.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think he's supposed to be a really nice fella actually. But I couldn't look at him from the minute he showed up on XFactor.

Olly's brother says differently....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

DenMan wrote: »
    Ronan Keating, what an obnoxious git. I read he wants to meet Boris Johnson in a park to discuss the UK's government's actions that are affecting the arts, with music in particular.

What has Ronan Keating got to do with music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Strumms wrote: »

He was tolerable before. Songs weren't too bad.

But since he got married to his now wife, he's insufferable. The music he makes now is beyond rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Milena Fluffy Stretcher

influencers are worse when they do this,, theres one prominent one in cork and she was doing her own classes despite being only a parent for a few months...i can guess her classes are, make up on the kids and get the most expensive baby gear ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Compo culture apologists I can't mention the celeb in question as I would end up been sued.

Dan.

• Advertisement

The out of breath actor that looks a bit like an attractive version of Mark Lawrenson on the Covid 19 awareness Telly advertisment.

Advertisement