Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

rustynutz wrote: »
    Undoubtedly the Hypermotard, on paper it doesn't sound too exciting, 90hp out of a 1100cc engine, but it has so much torque you don't need to be going over a million mph to have fun like u do on the 1098, it's also very light so that adds to the fun. I bought the 1098 6 years ago ( I never usually hold onto a bike for longer than a year) and I haven't been able to part with it since, it brings a smile to my face every time I open the garage door, and is also great fun when you are in the mood for it
    I'm considering selling blackbird for something along those lines as fun below 90 mph is where its at these days imo. I also like the idea of being able to whip out plugs and service the thing without drama. The 1098 is a weapon but I had both sets of keys I'd make a beeline also to the hyoermotard.
    Have you done much to her, changed the belts etc?

blade1 wrote: »
    I pity the engines in U.S. running on the petrol there.
    Suppose it's only a matter of time before we have it here.
    Apparently triumph 1050's initially had lots of conrods going to **** over there.
    Yeah I'd say it won't be long before we're up to e10 (we're e5 now yeh?) Viton seals galore in me carbs. Even heard of viton tipped float needle valves available these days!
    I'm a bit racist against triumph tbh, just don't trust the engines:o

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

H_Lime wrote: »
    I'm considering selling blackbird for something along those lines as fun below 90 mph is where its at these days imo. I also like the idea of being able to whip out plugs and service the thing without drama. The 1098 is a weapon but I had both sets of keys I'd make a beeline also to the hyoermotard.
    Have you done much to her, changed the belts etc?

I bought the 1098s in need of a bit of TLC in 2014, I changed the belts then, along with fluids etc. It's sitting in the corner of the garage at the moment with a box with new belts sitting on top of it, I just haven't gotten around to putting them in. I've only just bought the Hypermotard, I had a KTM 950 SMR before that, and while the KTM should be a better bike on paper, more power, liquid cooled engine etc. I much prefer the Hypermotard, the engine is an old 2 valve per cylinder, air cooled unit but it pulls nicer low down, and sounds amazing.

I'm on bikes for the past 25 years and like most from that era I always had sports bikes, or sports tourers, but I'm finding my oul body doesnt like getting folded up onto a sportsbike anymore, but at the same time I find non sportsbikes dont have the sharp handling I like, the likes of the Hypermotard or SMR are a good compromise between comfort and performance I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Stop, the amount of guys tuning in car parks and then using the road to measure power 'does it feel faster bud?', it madness.

While tuning is an art the consequences of errors can be detrimental

Back in the day when we were tunning RD's and DT's in mates gardens, thinking the bikes were sweet as a nut just before holing another piston.

I think Mountjoy Motorcycles must have had a stock of piston kits just for us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Haven't been out in a few weeks.

I went to town on the headers using Harpic and they look almost as shiny when I picked up the bike in Hollyhead.

lr4O7Mg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭enrique66_35

Looking well Grim. I need to do the same on mine but the smell of bleach makes me retch....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bandit_600

My headers/manifold are painted black what should I use to get the paint off to then clean with harpic and polish ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Bandit_600 wrote: »
    My headers/manifold are painted black what should I use to get the paint off to then clean with harpic and polish ?

Paint stripper to remove the paint but be very very careful it doesn’t get onto other panels.

cheers man! prob be best of removing the headers to be safe, lil project for the weekend haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bandit_600 wrote: »
    cheers man! prob be best of removing the headers to be safe, lil project for the weekend haha

I'd be worried about what the paint is possibly hiding.

• Advertisement

my same thought so left it haha well that and being lazy im sure the paints there for a reason...

IMG-20200702-201426.jpg

IMG-20200702-203632.jpg
    Quick 50ks after work, a big and a big tree (giant sequoia). Galtee Valley from the Vee above Clogheen. Bike eats these roads up lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm not putting up a photo right after THAT beauty!.. I'll wait :p

Beautiful bike H.

I'm not putting up a photo right after THAT beauty!.. I'll wait :p

Beautiful bike H.
    Glad you dig it Mak, it's a groovy old yoke to ride and with a few select mods goes n stops like a modern bike. Just gotta ride my other one now lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Short spin out earlier taking in Kinsale & Blackrock Castle

3-E22748-B-DA39-4753-A2-EC-65-F13446-FCB3.jpg

47-C764-D8-BC23-446-E-B94-D-E44203-F555-D8.jpg

Short spin out earlier taking in Kinsale & Blackrock Castle

3-E22748-B-DA39-4753-A2-EC-65-F13446-FCB3.jpg

47-C764-D8-BC23-446-E-B94-D-E44203-F555-D8.jpg
    Lookin sweet as QM, how's she going/stopping for ya?

Last trip now for a few days at least.

14-BB4-B99-5-CE3-4-D3-F-B2-D2-1-A27-F089-ADCF.jpg

6-DB9-A260-A958-419-D-9-F1-C-A881-F8333-FCA.jpg

16-D4-CB26-C3-AC-4-DE2-B8-D7-F74-C152885-DA.jpg

H_Lime wrote: »
    Lookin sweet as QM, how's she going/stopping for ya?

Thanks H

She’s running like a watch thankfully. Just the cosmetic imperfections now to rectify,

Second pic be the road leading to roches point, love that spot.
    Glad the blades running well, enjoy er.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

519768.jpg

My F650gs twin,
    on the L plates at the moment, imported this over from the UK and kitting it out for a cross europe trip once this virus f*cks off.

• Advertisement

13 years old and still beautiful :)
    Screenshot-20190509-130446.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davidglanza

Love them zzr1400 been looking at them a bit lately.
    What are they like

Love them zzr1400 been looking at them a bit lately.
    What are they like
    Fast, comfortable and really well planted.
    Takes anything you throw at it at it's ease.
    Easy to ride and can be thrown around a bit more than it looks like it can.
    I removed the secondary butterflies from the throttle bodies and fitted a power commander to unleash the power all the way through the revs.
    Shame not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Not mine, one of the lads. Probably the only private one on the road in Ireland right now. What a beaut.

Not mine, one of the lads. Probably the only private one on the road in Ireland right now. What a beaut.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    3rd time lucky zub??

519803.jpg

519804.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

That XR looks a little dainty, and not worthy of the lump under it.

Can't see it shifting in good numbers in this country.

MojoMaker wrote: »
    That XR looks a little dainty, and not worthy of the lump under it.

Can't see it shifting in good numbers in this country.

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-imgtlup-com-gary-coleman-imgflip-54343756.png

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Fast, comfortable and really well planted.
    Takes anything you throw at it at it's ease.
    Easy to ride and can be thrown around a bit more than it looks like it can.
    I removed the secondary butterflies from the throttle bodies and fitted a power commander to unleash the power all the way through the revs.
    Shame not to.

Yrs back when I cared enough to buy bikes mags pb had Dale lomas on one in cannonball run. They did the same and the before and after dyno graphs showed just how unleashed it was. Have you had er mapped Blade?

Advertisement