Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭H_Lime

IMG-20200809-201021.jpg
    No backdrop at a cool locale other than me garaiste as I'm lazy. Lovely spin this evening made all the sweeter by an hrs flush and bleed of clutch/brakes, lubing pivots, chain tension, throttle free play etc etc earlier in the day. She's rippin:)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Absolutely bricked it going up, its a scary climb if you're afraid of heights (and plunging to your death off the side :) )

uGgtDWO.png

You should try it in a rally car - it's some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Absolutely bricked it going up, its a scary climb if you're afraid of heights (and plunging to your death off the side :) )

uGgtDWO.png

Was only reading about this yesterday, sounds amazing but absolutely horrifying for those of us who dislike heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Acquiescence

Was only reading about this yesterday, sounds amazing but absolutely horrifying for those of us who dislike heights.

I'm horrendous with heights, if you keep it pinned you won't even notice :pac:

It's well worth a spin down and out the peninsula etc.

It's fantastic down there.

I'm horrendous with heights, if you keep it pinned you won't even notice :pac:

It's well worth a spin down and out the peninsula etc.

It's fantastic down there.
    Where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Kerry, between Tralee and Dingle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭Goose81

IMG-20200731-142638.jpg

Finally have it :)

Absolute beast of a yoke, got a tail tidy and tiny reg already installed and Austin racing exhaust ordered, although the stock is actually quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Carlingford Lough....the bikers "MECCA"

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/TABfHWPh.jpg[/img]"]TABfHWPh.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/5XygTUpl.jpg[/img]"]5XygTUpl.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/GQi92Tcl.jpg[/img]"]GQi92Tcl.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Carlingford Lough....the bikers "MECCA"

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/TABfHWPh.jpg[/img]"]TABfHWPh.jpg[/URL]

Ohh I like that :-)
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

My first ever bike, Suzuki Marauder GZ 125cc, bike is in top condition for a 02.

• Advertisement

My first ever bike, Suzuki Marauder GZ 125cc, bike is in top condition for a 02.
    When did you get it? Looks new.

H_Lime wrote: »
    When did you get it? Looks new.

Last Wednesday. Looking at the chrome on it, looks new or really really well looked after. He said he loved it and he wasn’t lying. A pleasure to buy from in fairness to him.

Last Wednesday. Looking at the chrome on it, looks new or really really well looked after. He said he loved it and he wasn’t lying. A pleasure to buy from in fairness to him.

Cool, how was your spin home on it? Is your confidence growing?

Goose81 wrote: »
    IMG-20200731-142638.jpg

Finally have it :)

Absolute beast of a yoke, got a tail tidy and tiny reg already installed and Austin racing exhaust ordered, although the stock is actually quite nice.

Is she faster than a greased fuk?

Cool, how was your spin home on it? Is your confidence growing?

Thanks for asking, My friend drove it home from Carlow, he’s ass is still in bits from it lol Confidence is growing for sure, we rode to Dungarvan from the city last Saturday, nearly crashed into the first roundabout in Dungarvan but stopped in time, Target fixation so next day I got out and first solo ride out the Dunmore road and conquered the roundabouts to get that outta the system. Been away a few days and miss the bike already :D Hoping to ride out today.

Thanks for asking, My friend drove it home from Carlow, he’s ass is still in bits from it lol Confidence is growing for sure, we rode to Dungarvan from the city last Saturday, nearly crashed into the first roundabout in Dungarvan but stopped in time, Target fixation so next day I got out and first solo ride out the Dunmore road and conquered the roundabouts to get that outta the system. Been away a few days and miss the bike already :D Hoping to ride out today.

Good stuff, when I was learning I used to get out early on my own to get a feel for it without traffic about. Enjoy it:)
    If you don't already know how get someone to show you how to correctly adjust the chain and set the tyre pressures.

Good stuff, when I was learning I used to get out early on my own to get a feel for it without traffic about. Enjoy it:)
    If you don't already know how get someone to show you how to correctly adjust the chain and set the tyre pressures.

Sorted with the chain, I am going in this morning to get book a full service from Marcus Doherty and I’ve the tyre pressure PSI from the oracle I got with the bike
    The Haynes Manual. Much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sorted with the chain, I am going in this morning to get book a full service from Marcus Doherty and I’ve the tyre pressure PSI from the oracle I got with the bike
    The Haynes Manual

Get yourself a tub of silkolene RG2 grease.

Grease up any nuts,bolts ,bearings,axles.
    Do a few at a time any day you've a few minutes to spare.
    Little things like this can save you headaches down the line.
    Corrosion is the enemy so keep on top of everything and you'll have no rounded heads or bolts snapping when trying to loosen them.

A decent torque wrench would be handy as well.
    Especially on your wheel nuts.
    People can go too tight on these to be safe but it's only putting extra pressure on your wheel bearing's.

Finally,while those Haynes manuals are handy, I have spotted the odd error in them down through the years so no harm double checking stuff.

Could not resist for all you "FAbulous" Trump lovers!!!

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/aQ03Nsol.jpg[/img]"]aQ03Nsol.jpg[/URL]

Waiting for the ferry in 28 degree heat in Kerry...I genuinely thought either the plastics on the bike would melt or my balls where going to in the leathers!

Was brilliant to see so many bikes in fairness.

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/To9P2Xml.jpg[/img]"]To9P2Xml.jpg[/URL]

• Advertisement

What a good stable of horses!

[URL="[img]https://i.imgur.com/YQxAvWLl.jpg[/img]"]YQxAvWLl.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That KTM front end really is marmite :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭goblin59

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    That KTM front end really is marmite :p[/QUOT

haha as in loved by the British and Australians much to the confusion of the rest of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

goblin59 wrote: »
    haha as in loved by the British and Australians much to the confusion of the rest of the world?

I've never heard it put that way but pretty much :D

pretty sure Dad still has a few jars of the special edition gold flake marmite somewhere!

blade1 wrote: »
    Get yourself a tub of silkolene RG2 grease.

Grease up any nuts,bolts ,bearings,axles.
    Do a few at a time any day you've a few minutes to spare.
    Little things like this can save you headaches down the line.
    Corrosion is the enemy so keep on top of everything and you'll have no rounded heads or bolts snapping when trying to loosen them.

A decent torque wrench would be handy as well.
    Especially on your wheel nuts.
    People can go too tight on these to be safe but it's only putting extra pressure on your wheel bearing's.

Finally,while those Haynes manuals are handy, I have spotted the odd error in them down through the years so no harm double checking stuff.

Where do they sell silkolene RG2 grease? Cheers and noted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Where do they sell silkolene RG2 grease? Cheers and noted :)

It's a rubber grease so won't damage rubber (obviously) and is an excellent all round grease for your axles,bolts, bearings etc.

Not sure where in Ireland sells so I buy mine on eBay.
    Do you use address pal or parcel wizard or any of those as it's free UK delivery here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401679095656

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    That KTM front end really is marmite :p

Nah, its sweet. Especially with the DRL's running, still I would rather stand out in the crowd then blend in with the normal people.

;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Nah, its sweet. Especially with the DRL's running, still I would rather stand out in the crowd then blend in with the normal people.

;)

I'm still thinking of putting the spots on the GS, bought a good amount of gear this month for it, so maybe next year when I get some concert work.

Have doubletake mirrors arriving next week and a touring screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭Goose81

Is she faster than a greased fuk?

It's stupid fast, I dunno how they are allowed on the road tbh 😂

They are just a race bike, like it has a pit lane limiter button on it lol

Advertisement