Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-10-2017, 08:13   #1
PaulKK

Nilfisk E140 pressure washer

For those that are looking for a decent pressure washer you won't go too far wrong with the Nilfisk E140. Its 140 bar or over 2k psi.

Currently on Amazon at £189 with free delivery to Ireland.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00H5W3WZG

This has been regularly at £270 and retails in Ireland at a lot higher price also. E.g. Argos at €320 https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/pa...Cprd%3A8296416

This is not to be confused with the lower end models, the 'E' range is for heavier usage with induction motors and have upgraded hoses.

I have an old C110 for approx 8 years which still operates fine apart from a burst hose.

I have bought this and its arriving tomorrow.

Well worth it at this price and seems to be the lowest price in a long time on this model.
Advertisement
30-10-2017, 08:33   #2
shooter69

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKK View Post
For those that are looking for a decent pressure washer you won't go too far wrong with the Nilfisk E140. Its 140 bar or over 2k psi.

Currently on Amazon at £189 with free delivery to Ireland.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00H5W3WZG

This has been regularly at £270 and retails in Ireland at a lot higher price also. E.g. Argos at €320 https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/pa...Cprd%3A8296416

This is not to be confused with the lower end models, the 'E' range is for heavier usage with induction motors and have upgraded hoses.

I have an old C110 for approx 8 years which still operates fine apart from a burst hose.

I have bought this and its arriving tomorrow.

Well worth it at this price and seems to be the lowest price in a long time on this model.
Nilfisk are a great machine much better than karcher and that’s a great price - good spot op !
Thanks from:
30-10-2017, 08:38   #3
tedpan

Mod: Drones
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter69
Nilfisk are a great machine much better than karcher and that’s a great price - good spot op !

How are they much better than karcher? That's a very strange statement
30-10-2017, 08:40   #4
frozenfrozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpan View Post
how is that a strange statement? they are competing products similarly priced but nilfisks have metal impellers throughout the range AFAIK whereas the lower end karchers can be very hit and miss
30-10-2017, 08:40   #5
PaulKK

Quote:
Karcher are known to use plastic pumps and Nilfisk use aluminum ones on all of their machines.

From research and ownership Nilfisk are generally regarded as being superior to karcher for quite a while now.
Advertisement
30-10-2017, 08:43   #6
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenfrozen
how is that a strange statement? they are competing products similarly priced but nilfisks have metal impellers throughout the range AFAIK whereas the lower end karchers can be very hit and miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKK
Karcher are known to use plastic pumps and Nilfisk use aluminum ones on all of their machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKK
From research and ownership Nilfisk are generally regarded as being superior to karcher for quite a while now.
It depends if you're comparing like for like. Low end Karcher units are pretty basic. But high end Karcher units are superior.

Maybe if you were comparing a specific model you could make that statement.
30-10-2017, 08:45   #7
frozenfrozen

Quote:
It depends if you're comparing like for like. Low end Karcher units are pretty basic. But high end Karcher units are superior.

Maybe if you were comparing a specific model you could make that statement.
let me guess, you have a karcher?
30-10-2017, 08:51   #8
tedpan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenfrozen
let me guess, you have a karcher?

Lol, yes I've got a high end professional unit. Maybe certain models are better than others within each brand at the same price level.

Anyway, I don't doubt the nilfisk is a great unit and is a bargain at this price.
Thanks from:
30-10-2017, 09:16   #9
PaulKK

Quote:
Lol, yes I've got a high end professional unit. Maybe certain models are better than others within each brand at the same price level.

Anyway, I don't doubt the nilfisk is a great unit and is a bargain at this price.
Agreed. I should have clarified that also. The high end units in both are definitely comparable.
Advertisement
30-10-2017, 09:42   #10
keano25

Quote:
I agree with Shooter, I've dealt with both brands and Nilfisk are a far superior machine.
30-10-2017, 10:40   #11
Sasso

I can anticipate the answer to this from you guys already, but there appears to be not far off same spec power washer in aldi for much less.
Before I pull trigger on this, is it worth the extra cash in long run ?
Ill just use for regular household patios etc.
30-10-2017, 11:11   #12
Rows Grower

Thanks PaulKK, I've been on the lookout for a decent pressure washer for the last couple of weeks and was going to chance a secondhand one for a few hundred euro until I read the reviews on this. Looks like a serious piece of equipment.
Had a look at the Warehouse deals and got it for 164 sterling including the 2 year warranty, an excellent start to the bank holiday!
Many thanks again.
Thanks from:
30-10-2017, 11:19   #13
Sasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rows Grower View Post
Thanks PaulKK, I've been on the lookout for a decent pressure washer for the last couple of weeks and was going to chance a secondhand one for a few hundred euro until I read the reviews on this. Looks like a serious piece of equipment.
Had a look at the Warehouse deals and got it for 164 sterling including the 2 year warranty, an excellent start to the bank holiday!
Many thanks again.
Are they used in warehouse deals ? Or shop soiled type thing ?
Thanks from:
30-10-2017, 11:36   #14
Rows Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso View Post
Are they used in warehouse deals ? Or shop soiled type thing ?
Usually sent back to Amazon after a change of mind by the original buyer and then cannot be sold legally as brand new.
Worse thing I ever had with a warehouse purchase was slight damage to packaging which doesn't bother me but is enough for some people to return without accepting from the courier.
Everything sold from the warehouse has same warranty as new.
(2) thanks from:
30-10-2017, 12:15   #15
PaulKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rows Grower View Post
Many thanks again.
Nice one. Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow, I already have a snow foam lance so the cars are going to get some going over to test it out!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion