Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spider-Man - PS4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That's probably when you're trading in a Pro console? Has to be more of your trading in a regular PS4?

You're right i did trade in a pro for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Not long left now. Seriously cannot wait for this game. Have a day in Lieu at work, might take it on the 7th :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I was going to trade my Pro towards the new Spider-Man Pro, but might just go for the collectors edition instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads where is the best place to order this online to get it delivered on release day? Usually would download games but currently broadband isn't making that an option so will be buying the disc but may not be able to get to a store on the day and would rather just order it an have it delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,481 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads where is the best place to order this online to get it delivered on release day? Usually would download games but currently broadband isn't making that an option so will be buying the disc but may not be able to get to a store on the day and would rather just order it an have it delivered.

The Game Collection combined with Parcel Motel is always the quickest option for me. If you’re in Dublin, I’d imagine it will only be quicker. It’s £48.95 from them and you get a free steelbook.

Never any guarantee you’ll have it on the day, but it’s usually a safe bet in my past experiences as long as you go through Parcel Motel. DPD Parcel Wizard might also work, as long as you’re at home to receive it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If there's a Smyths near you, you buy preorder online for 60 euro and get it for 55 if you choose to pick it up from your nearest store.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/marvel’s-spider-man-ps4/p/154087

martyos121 wrote: »
    The Game Collection combined with Parcel Motel is always the quickest option for me. If you’re in Dublin, I’d imagine it will only be quicker. It’s £48.95 from them and you get a free steelbook.

Never any guarantee you’ll have it on the day, but it’s usually a safe bet in my past experiences as long as you go through Parcel Motel. DPD Parcel Wizard might also work, as long as you’re at home to receive it.

Yeah not in Dublin anymore, out in the sticks hence the crappy broadband too but will have a look at Game Collection and Parcel Wizard.

Is there nobody that can pick it up for ya on the day?

• Advertisement

Can't guarantee they will be free on the day so would rather get it delivered and have it there waiting for me that evening when I have some time to play it. Have options now anyways at least.

martyos121 wrote: »
    . It’s £48.95 from them and you get a free steelbook..

For those who care, it's not the same steelbook that comes with the Deluxe/Collector's edition of the game.

Asked Insomniac via DM on twitter to confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,003 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I enjoy the presence of Marvel locations like 177a Bleecker Street and Avengers tower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

If there's a Smyths near you, you buy preorder online for 60 euro and get it for 55 if you choose to pick it up from your nearest store.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/marvel’s-spider-man-ps4/p/154087

Does the money have to be payed be up front or can you pay in store on the day?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Does the money have to be payed be up front or can you pay in store on the day?

I think you have to pay by card online but think the money doesn't come off the card into release day or you actually pick up the game, can't remember exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think you have to pay by card online but think the money doesn't come off the card into release day or you actually pick up the game, can't remember exactly.

Yep that's the one. It's taken 2-7 days before the game ships or is ready for pick up.

Gamestop FB said their SPIDER-MAN console deals are now live and to check in store. Checked in store today and the guy said you can trade in a regular PS4 with 2 games and 250 euro to get the PS4 pro with the game. Not sure if that's a regular pro or the red limited edition. Seems high for the limited edition never mind the standard pro.

Anyone else get the prices in their local?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Its the red pro. The Spiderman price of 250 is as shown on their site, also shown is the Fortnite console for 100, I have been told it's 180 for the GoW bundle.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Deals-&-Promotions

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Its the red pro. The Spiderman price of 250 is as shown on their site, also shown is the Fortnite console for 100, I have been told it's 180 for the GoW bundle.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Deals-&-Promotions

Ah feck that. I hope they'll have the standard pro with the game bundle and a trade deal for that.

Anyone know the price if you trade in a PS4 Pro against that deal?

Edit:

From GameStop on Facebook:

"Thank you for contacting Gamestop Customer Service,

With two games it's €99.99
    With one games it's €129.99
    With no games and just the PlayStation Pro being traded in it's €159.99

If you require any further assistance with this issue, please feel free to reply to this message."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This looks really good. Along with Read Dead 2, it's something that is making me consider picking up a PS4 for.

Kiith wrote: »
    This looks really good. Along with Read Dead 2, it's something that is making me consider picking up a PS4 for.

Yeah, if reviews/feedback on this is good when it launches, I'm definitely getting a Pro.

For anybody interested, there is a prequel novel out called Spider-Man Hostile Takeover.

• Advertisement

For anybody interested, there is a prequel novel out called Spider-Man Hostile Takeover.

Cheers for reminding me.

For anyone interested in this, there's a 67 page preview on Google play books, so you can give it a read and see if it's actually worth it!

Ah I forgot it was a novel and not a comic, stupid stupid decision out of them.

Probably Marvel's decision more than Insomniac's for whatever reason.

Although this version of Spider-Man will feature in the upcoming Spider-Geddon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cotts72

major envy towards all PS4 players that get to play this! <scans online for used ps4>

Has anyone read this yet? Any use?

• Advertisement

Has anyone read this yet? Any use?

Started reading it yesterday, good so far

Started reading it yesterday, good so far

Cheers. Where did you get it?

Cheers. Where did you get it?

Google play books. It was around 4 euro

4 euro?? Feck that, Eoin just take pics of each page and upload them here, sound.

4 euro?? Feck that, Eoin just take pics of each page and upload them here, sound.
    If too lazy to read the whole book, here is a post going through everything that happens
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SpidermanPS4/comments/993fsu/spoilers_breakdown_of_everything_in_hostile/?utm_source=reddit-android

I'm gonna try pick it up before the game comes out but lately I have very limited free time so I'd have to choose between gaming and reading and the Guacamelee 2 platinum is being a stubborn son of a bitch. Might need that Reddit link yet.

I'm gonna try pick it up before the game comes out but lately I have very limited free time so I'd have to choose between gaming and reading and the Guacamelee 2 platinum is being a stubborn son of a bitch. Might need that Reddit link yet.

Just finished the book. Doesn’t spoil anything but gives an insight into certain characters like Fisk and MJ

Just finished the book. Doesn’t spoil anything but gives an insight into certain characters like Fisk and MJ

For those who are waiting to find out in the game, it makes it very easy to figure out who Peter is working for though.

Wing126 wrote: »
    For those who are waiting to find out in the game, it makes it very easy to figure out who Peter is working for though.

Yeah, copped on straight away to who his boss is

So they don't outright tell you who his boss is? So is it safe to assume then that
    his boss is the surprise villain from the trailer?

• Advertisement

So they don't outright tell you who his boss is? So is it safe to assume then that

I'm fairly sure I saw a trailer that hinted at that in one scene as well, either his boss or just helping him.

Does anyone know of any store or online offers for this bundled with a Pro (not the actual Spidey Pro)?

Does anyone know of any store or online offers for this bundled with a Pro (not the actual Spidey Pro)?

I was looking for the same. I know the non red Spidey pro bundles exist but haven't seen them in Ireland yet.

Ah I had looked on smyths and all must have missed it. Ah too rich for my blood unless GS did the same one with a good trade deal against a regular ps4

In the book no, but they will tell us in the game. It's just that Insomniac wanted to keep it secret before release and unfortunately failed.

Ah I had looked on smyths and all must have missed it. Ah too rich for my blood unless GS did the same one with a good trade deal against a regular ps4

I didn't think it'd be much cheaper than that. Console seems to be €400 everywhere, so €40 for the game on top?

• Advertisement

I didn't think it'd be much cheaper than that. Console seems to be €400 everywhere, so €40 for the game on top?

I was hoping some shop would sell it to me for 100 with my PS4 :pac:

Advertisement