Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spider-Man - PS4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I was hoping some shop would sell it to me for 100 with my PS4 :pac:

Ahhhhh, okay! :pac:

I did find Amazon selling the bundle for £370, so about €405, but nobody matching them this side of the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ahhhhh, okay! :pac:

I did find Amazon selling the bundle for £370, so about €405, but nobody matching them this side of the sea.

Actually, Smyths UK site has it listed for £350... so nearly €55 cheaper than here. Embarrassingly, I'm tempted to pre-order on the UK site and collect it in Newry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Can anyone tell me this. If I buy this from the American store on a different psn account would I be able to play the DLC (assuming there will be some) on my main account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

correction wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me this. If I buy this from the American store on a different psn account would I be able to play the DLC (assuming there will be some) on my main account?

I think you won't be able to redeem the preorder dlc on your main account, not 100% on DLC. What I've seen that if it's a single player game, then dlc is shared with all accounts but if it's an online game then dlc only playable on purchasing account.

2 examples from me are, I preordered The Crew 2 gold edition and South The Fractured But whole from my Canadian PSN account. As South Park is single player I was able to access all pre order dlc and purchased dlc on my main account. On the other hand for The Crew 2, all pre order dlc and season pass content was only available on the Canadian account

That makes sense. I've just had a look at what comes with pre ordering. Just some suits and abilities in the game, nothing that really interests me so I'll likely get it from the *wherever is cheapest* psn store. €70 for the standard edition is a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That makes sense. I've just had a look at what comes with pre ordering. Just some suits and abilities in the game, nothing that really interests me so I'll likely get it from the *wherever is cheapest* psn store. €70 for the standard edition is a bit much.

Smyths selling it for 55 if you pre-order online and collect in store.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/marvel’s-spider-man-ps4/p/154087

That's a great deal tbf but I won't be able to collect on the Friday and I don't think I'd have the patience to wait any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

TheGameCollection selling it for about €55 delivered.

The city that never sleeps DLC will be split into 3 chapters. 10 euro each or season pass for 25. It comes with the special edition also edition. Chapters out in October, November and December.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/28/marvels-spider-man-post-launch-content-revealed/

You can get the digital deluxe edition for around €45 on the Indonesia psn store (66 on the Canadian) . Tempted to get here as would be able to play on the Thursday as Indonesia is 6 hours ahead but need to check if dlc is tied to account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

You should be able to yeah. But you'd have to buy it using the american account aswell.

Back when Dying light came out originally, there was a glitch on gamestop.com (US) where the season pass codes redeemed as the game.

The devs then allowed everyone to keep both the game and the season pass content and I could play the content on my main account.

You can get the digital deluxe edition for around €45 on the Indonesia psn store (66 on the Canadian) . Tempted to get here as would be able to play on the Thursday as Indonesia is 6 hours ahead but need to check if dlc is tied to account

That is some deal. I had a quick look at how much Indonesian PSN cards and it seems it'd take €65ish to get the game that way. I don't think it's possible to use a card not from the country of the PSN store? So that would rule out even Revolut.

Edit: Found Indonesia PSN cards a bit cheaper so it'd cost about €53 for the game. Not bad at all.

That is some deal. I had a quick look at how much Indonesian PSN cards and it seems it'd take €65ish to get the game that way. I don't think it's possible to use a card not from the country of the PSN store? So that would rule out even Revolut.

Edit: Found Indonesia PSN cards a bit cheaper so it'd cost about €53 for the game. Not bad at all.

I think you can use Revolut to purchase from Indonesia store. Saw some people mention it on hotukdeals in one of the PSN Indonesia threads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Do Smyths accept a deposit-style preorder? Sadly my first full wage of the semester is the same day as this game's release :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Do Smyths accept a deposit-style preorder? Sadly my first full wage is the same day as this game's release

Yeah you can just give a fiver or a tenner if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

I ordered 2 cheap second hand games on amazon from the gamestop list, both delivered for 18 euro then traded them in against spidey. Grand total 19 euro.

Doubt it will be picked up any cheaper.

recyclops wrote: »
    I ordered 2 cheap second hand games on amazon from the gamestop list, both delivered for 18 euro then traded them in against spidey. Grand total 19 euro.

What were the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

recyclops wrote: »

This sounds like a good idea. Which games are the cheapest to pick up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

i done it a few weeks back and on the list was constructor HD, i bought it on ps4 and xbox one to circumvent the no multiple rule.

https://www.gamestop.ie/%E2%82%AC1-Trade-Offer
    here is the list it may be updated but a quick look on amazon will generally throw up a few games that can be got second hand cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

This game is edging me towards buying a PS4

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

This is absolutely savage! Best photo mode I've seen in a game yet. And the view looking down on the city near the end, holy Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is absolutely savage! Best photo mode I've seen in a game yet. And the view looking down on the city near the end, holy Jesus.

How often are you actually going to use it though?

Wonder will they do a country side DLC. Poor Spidey would have to walk everywhere :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How often are you actually going to use it though?

Wonder will they do a country side DLC. Poor Spidey would have to walk everywhere :pac:

I love taking in-game screen shots with that share button, it's a bonus for me when a game has a photo mode. Sometimes I spend a ridiculous amount of time setting up shots so the fact I can make my own range of comic book covers is ****ing epic for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Main game length is 20 hours excluding side quests and exploration.

Goodnight sweet Spider-Man 2, you can finally get some rest.

460072.jpeg

460073.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If it tops Spider-Man 2, I’ll be extremely impressed. And it looks like it will too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone done the whole map size comparison to this game or that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I haven't watched anything to do with this game since the first gameplay at E3 but it's the first game I've been this excited for in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,527 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

TheGameCollection selling it for about €55 delivered.

Anyone know if TheGameCollection delivers on release day? Seems to be the cheapest option (that doesn't involve Indonesia :p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Skerries wrote: »
    are the Spider-Man games any good?

genuinely the last one I played was this

Oh yes. This is probably the best Spider-Man game there will ever be.

Advertisement