Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

Normally seven days after you receive your new phone they will send you a bag (envelope) ,you place your old phone in it and bring it to the post office

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

very good prices on Eglobal central atm, a bit heartbreaking tbh :p

https://www.eglobalcentraleu.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=Ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I got same price using Unidays account on Samsung website. Plus delivery tomorrow.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    very good prices on Eglobal central atm, a bit we priceheartbreaking tbh :p

https://www.eglobalcentraleu.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=Ultra

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Software update just rolled out on three. Installing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

phill106 wrote: »
    Software update just rolled out on three. Installing now.

Another "camera improvement" without ever telling us what the improvements are

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Another "camera improvement" without ever telling us what the improvements are

as bad as the playstations with their "stability"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭jones

Folks anyone with three is the smart call function working for you? Mine is greyed out so I can't turn it on and also was on my S20+

The smart call is the spam protector service which you can turn on in the phone settings but mine wont let me. The odd thing is i used to use it on my old S8+ on the same network without issue.

jones wrote: »
    Folks anyone with three is the smart call function working for you? Mine is greyed out so I can't turn it on and also was on my S20+

The smart call is the spam protector service which you can turn on in the phone settings but mine wont let me. The odd thing is i used to use it on my old S8+ on the same network without issue.

Yes its on mine under call settings.
    Down as caller id and spam protection, and its ticked on.

Yes its on mine under call settings.
    Down as caller id and spam protection, and its ticked on.

So odd - mine will not allow me to turn it on and it wouldnt with my old S20+ either. I am going to get a new sim to be sure it's not even a massive feature i want but it's bugging me now :-)

So odd - mine will not allow me to turn it on and it wouldnt with my old S20+ either. I am going to get a new sim to be sure it's not even a massive feature i want but it's bugging me now :-)

To give you all comparison points, i have it on 3, with a phone i got from them in carphone warhouse, mines the ultra.
    I had the same on my previous phone, an factory unlocked note 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

A month or so on, what are your thoughts on the phone guys?

I'm really happy with my Ultra (came from S20+) the camera is insane. Yes the 100x zoom is useless and just a bit of craic to show off what the camera is capable of but the 3x and 10x lenses are unbelievable.

Yet to have found a real use for the macro lense shots but seeing my fingerprints so clearly is amazing.

I'm a really heavy user so I never really got to bedtime with battery left but I'm doing very good most days with this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is chrome very hard on battery or is it similar to any other browser?

Is there a better alternative ?

Folks anyone else having an issue that the motion smoothness keeps changing from adaptive to standard on the s21 ultra?

Folks anyone else having an issue that the motion smoothness keeps changing from adaptive to standard on the s21 ultra?

Mines still on anyway, since i got it.

Mines still on anyway, since i got it.

I thinks it's something to do with the blue light filter i had it set from sunset to sunrise and i think it was changing the display when it kicked in. I have both set to adaptive now and it seems to be sticking.

Insured my phone with gadgetinsurance.ie for €188 for the year

Found it a little unusual that they didn't ask for my IMEI number and even after sending it on to them they replied and said they didn't need it

Anyway hopefully i'll never have to use it

I received my S20. But I find the screen to be small to work on.

Is it possible to exchange it with S21 Plus and pay the difference? I used Samsung website to order it.

Thanks

yabadabado wrote: »

Side note,has anyone received the trade in money? I posted the phone back to them 4th February but no update since.

Asked this a week ago but still haven't received the trade in money .
    Samsung/Exeritis charged me the full amount for the phone and when I traded in previously I received the trade in money very quickly.

Samsung/Exeritis charged me post-trade in amount.
    Asked this a week ago but still haven't received the trade in money .
    Samsung/Exeritis charged me the full amount for the phone and when I traded in previously I received the trade in money very quickly.

Samsung/Exeritis charged me post-trade in amount.

Really.I was charged full amount.I must contact them in the morning,I sent my trade in back weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Yes, do contact them.

Unless their policy was different few weeks ago? I made a purchase last week only.
    Really.I was charged full amount.I must contact them in the morning,I sent my trade in back weeks ago.

Yes, do contact them.

Unless their policy was different few weeks ago? I made a purchase last week only.

Now that I think about it I'm not actually sure how it was done previously.
    Hopefully it's straight forward fix.

Anyone please?
    I received my S20. But I find the screen to be small to work on.

Is it possible to exchange it with S21 Plus and pay the difference? I used Samsung website to order it.

Thanks

Anyone please?

Not sure if they will do it but contact samsung directly over it? Failing that excertis or whatever they are called. How long do you have the phone and have you used it much? If it still has plastic on it they may accept it back but honestly i don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Have yet to receive my return bag for my previous phone, anyone know how long it takes for them to send this out ?

Joekers wrote: »
    Have yet to receive my return bag for my previous phone, anyone know how long it takes for them to send this out ?

Got mine about a week after receiving the S21

Just on this its still happening. Every day i go in to the display options and its reset to "standard" not sure what's going on. Checked bixby routines, power saving options etc and everything seems ok. Think it might be to do with smart switch from my last phone.

so many updates, got another there just now only had one last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so many updates, got another there just now only had one last week

You'll probably get another one next week or the week after. March Security update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

got an e-mail from samsung today saying my trade is now complete, no issues

Advertisement