Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,871 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Gadget insurance have prices up for the S21 models, cover (with loss add on) for S21 Ultra 512GB costs €15.49 a month or €186.99 for the year. Still conflicted with it will i or wont i insure it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

has anyone who sent back their old phone got an e-mail from samsung saying that it was received and all good?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,720 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seems Snappy Dragon takes way better photos than the other one in the S21 Ultra. That's a really pig squeal

• Registered Users Posts: 35,720 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Got an system update today

'The performance of Camera has been improved
    Overall device performance has been improved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

I thought Exynos would perform better after the comparative mess they made of the S20 series but it seems it still has throttling issues. These tests are always a bit meaningless though as people dont actually use their phones like this. At least battery life is back on par although the camera issue is a funny one hopefully will be sorted by updates. I'm still waiting on my Ultra to be delivered so dying to get stuck into it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

has anyone who sent back their old phone got an e-mail from samsung saying that it was received and all good?

I haven't received anything from them,think I posted it on 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

How picky are they on the phone you bring back?

There are a few scratches on my s10+, nothing that impacts usability but you can see them when the screen is off in decent lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Cina wrote: »
    How picky are they on the phone you bring back?

There are a few scratches on my s10+, nothing that impacts usability but you can see them when the screen is off in decent lighting.

Scratches are fine, cracks in any form are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

Anyone have a problem with their Samsung account?

I tried to log in to mine yesterday to update my watch and it forced me to setup two factor authentication, but the problem is that it used the hard coded SIM card number. I ported my phone number over to GOMO over a year ago.

Now it won't let me log in or change the number (unless i have the imei and serial number of my old phone, and that has gone back to Samsung!)

• Advertisement

NTC wrote:
    Anyone have a problem with their Samsung account?

I set up the ultra and watch 3 on Friday and it was fine although I didn't have to change my number so that helped

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭DubLad69

On the revolut Insurance. Just be aware that they told me that the phone is only covered if you purchased it 100% through revolut. If you done the trade in that's counted as part payment so it's not insured then.

DubLad69 wrote:
    On the revolut Insurance. Just be aware that they told me that the phone is only covered if you purchased it 100% through revolut. If you done the trade in that's counted as part payment so it's not insured then.

Sneaky.

On another issue am I going mad or is the live focus gone from the s21 series? I love the bokeh effect (blur the backward) and can't seem to find it on the phone. In my S20 it was under "live focus"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

jones wrote: »
    Sneaky.

On another issue am I going mad or is the live focus gone from the s21 series? I love the bokeh effect (blur the backward) and can't seem to find it on the phone. In my S20 it was under "live focus"

It's called portrait mode on the s21 series

MarkY91 wrote: »
    It's called portrait mode on the s21 series

Legend thanks that's it.

ps anyone who has traded in do you have to send the charger back as well? I am still waiting on the box to send back but it just dawned on me it would be a bit rich of samsung to no longer give plugs with new phones but still expect them back with trade in's ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Legend thanks that's it.

ps anyone who has traded in do you have to send the charger back as well? I am still waiting on the box to send back but it just dawned on me it would be a bit rich of samsung to no longer give plugs with new phones but still expect them back with trade in's ha.

I have only ever sent back the phone and nothing else.They never questioned it.

Side note,has anyone received the trade in money? I posted the phone back to them 4th February but no update since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Guys,

I am looking to buy Samsung Galaxy S21 (standard). What's the best site to order it from please?

I saw eglobal selling it for only 650€ but heard bad stories about eglobal.

Guys,

I am looking to buy Samsung Galaxy S21 (standard). What's the best site to order it from please?

If you know any students then the unidays website will give you a discount on the official samsung store plus they will offer a trade for your old device

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Guys,

Bought a few phones over the years from eglobal,never had a problem apart from long waiting times the odd time.

I am a part time student myself and have access to institutions email ID.
    If you know any students then the unidays website will give you a discount on the official samsung store plus they will offer a trade for your old device

• Advertisement

Anyone got promotional code please?

Still getting used to the new noise controls on the Buds Pro. Almost got the ears blown off me when someone blew their car horn while I was out walking lol . More to do with having the voice detect mode on them

Big fan of them and massive update from the old galaxy buds

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Still getting used to the new noise controls on the Buds Pro. Almost got the ears blown off me when someone blew their car horn while I was out walking lol . More to do with having the voice detect mode on them

Big fan of them and massive update from the old galaxy buds

Loving the pro's they sound great and the new updates have definitely improved the noise cancelling, on the downside they are next to useless for running as it near impossible to keep em in, maybe thats just me though, but I will be sticking with my Jabra 65t active's for exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm finding the buds pro to be very comfortable to use. They really hurt my ears after an hour or two of use. I could use the buds+ a day without issues. I used to cycle with them in even without music just to drown out some of the louder car noises. With the new ones, I can't wait to get them out of my ears after just an hour.

Also with the firmware updates to the phone, they need to be more specific with the changes. "Camera improvements" ok great but could you tell us WTF the improvements were? This is common with samsung, updates every few months without ever knowing what improvements they give.

I have purchased S21 today from Samsung online website.

I am trying to find info as to how can I claim the free Samsung buds please?
    If someone could help me with the link.

chrisire wrote: »
    Bought a few phones over the years from eglobal,never had a problem apart from long waiting times the odd time.

Same here have bought phones, smart watches, ear phones etc. from them for years and have never had an issues but if you in a rush look elsewhere as its very slow for delivery 3/4 weeks normally.

Only thing I'd warn about is some of the stuff (if not all of it) seems to come from the UAE and the price is usually brilliant BUT if you've any issue with the product a lot of companies will not fix it over here. I bought the original galaxy watch from them which developed a fault after two years. Got onto Samsung who said they couldn't do anything as it was bought in another region and suggested i head back over to the UAE and they'll fix it for free over there. haha sure.

I have purchased S21 today from Samsung online website.

I am trying to find info as to how can I claim the free Samsung buds please?
    If someone could help me with the link.

You cant do it until you have the phone as you need the new IMEI number.

https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/galaxys21buds/en-IE/claim/purchase-date

Ps the offer is now the Buds Live and not the Buds pro which were offered at preorder. I'm waiting on the same i submitted the offer on Sunday snapping i missed the Pros as they are apparently a step up on the buds live but cant complain about free i only decided last minute to upgrade my S20+ so missed out.

Thanks for the link.

I am happy to take the free Buds live, I suppose they cost €100+
    You cant do it until you have the phone as you need the new IMEI number.

https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/galaxys21buds/en-IE/claim/purchase-date

Ps the offer is now the Buds Live and not the Buds pro which were offered at preorder. I'm waiting on the same i submitted the offer on Sunday snapping i missed the Pros as they are apparently a step up on the buds live but cant complain about free i only decided last minute to upgrade my S20+ so missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thanks for the link.

I am happy to take the free Buds live, I suppose they cost €100+

They are live €220 in B&M stores over here, and the Pro €230. Obv they can be had cheaper but that's a rough ballpark for you.

• Advertisement

Anyone knows when and how do I return my current Samsung phone? Samsung reduced the price of new S21 by €250 in exchange of my current phone. But no details provided when and how will they need my current phone?

Thanks

Advertisement