Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HSE Covid Swabbing roles

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

All covered in training sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone is still waiting for a start date? I'm still waiting to hear back.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jezzabelle

Hi for anyone thats started the role how is it going for you? What are hours like?

Still waiting on details of training for start date in early jan. Do you start training on the actual start date they give you or a few days before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/q-a-where-am-i-in-the-coronavirus-vaccine-queue-1.4446611%3fmode=amp Looks like some of the testing centres are getting changed into vaccine centres - possibly less swabbing roles available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bridgerton

Anyone still reply here, I have a contract signed with start date the day after tomorrow, but I've had no training yet, and no communication from the test centre about what time to arrive.
    Also curious as to the work week, what the schedule is like, I don't know how many hours per day or how many days per week. I'm losing sleep over it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭pegdrums

Hey, there should be an email of some sort of contact that you can get in touch with, either the trainer or whoever has been in touch with you so far. It's strange that they haven't been in touch so close to your start date. Maybe go to the test centre and ask for the co-ordinator and explain it to them, cut out all the mystery.

Shifts are 12 hr. 3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off at our centre, Theres a 6 hr day once a fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ddk2020

Hi
    I’m starting this role soon. What do you recommended to wear for under ppe ?

Wear thermal top and bottoms, and layer up on top of that. Bring a bag with a jumper in so that way you can add to or remove layers as ya go.

If you're in an old warehouse and it's sleeting outside it can get pretty cold so better t waddle around like Micehlin man and be warm.
    If you get put on other duties you can de-layer.

Good comfy shoes and warm socks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ddk2020

pegdrums wrote: »
    Wear thermal top and bottoms, and layer up on top of that. Bring a bag with a jumper in so that way you can add to or remove layers as ya go.

If you're in an old warehouse and it's sleeting outside it can get pretty cold so better t waddle around like Micehlin man and be warm.
    If you get put on other duties you can de-layer.

Good comfy shoes and warm socks!!

Great advice!!

Thanks for the reply. There was no information in the welcome email about dress code or recommendations. I felt there might be an issue with the cold alright.

• Advertisement

Ddk2020 wrote: »
    Great advice!!

Thanks for the reply. There was no information in the welcome email about dress code or recommendations. I felt there might be an issue with the cold alright.

No dress code. You'll get scrubs to put over your normal clothes. A lot of people have a set of covid clothes for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

We had to buy our own scrubs! But I suppose they made up for it by giving us nice cosy jackets and fleeces there recently

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Starting myself soon. Can someone tell me what the pay cycle is please? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 yesiam1

condubh wrote: »
    We had to buy our own scrubs! But I suppose they made up for it by giving us nice cosy jackets and fleeces there recently

Remember to claim back uniform allowance as a flat rate expense from revenue next year when you do your tax returns. I think it might be up to 300ish euro if you have to purchase your own uniform. (regardless of how much you actually spent on them)

condubh wrote: »

100% agree with yesIam1. Claim it back regardless of what the fleeces they gave you. We get scrubs delivered to our test centre. Only one guy I know bought his own as he just finds it less hassle than digging through boxes of scrubs first thing in the morning.

Check your payslip to see if the deducted your jackets and cosy fleeces. Wouldn't surprise me.

Nice to hear that they gave you jackets though. We have a stupid system where the jackets are put into a cardboard box, one for each day of the week. The idea is that by the time week passes and you come and pick a jacket up its covid free
    :[

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

I applied for the Community Swabber role back in September, got email about Garda vetting and in December an email to state my application had been accepted and they would be in touch in due course... interview is next week!
    Reading through this thread with great interest - thank you to all contributors.
    Much preparation to do as my interview skills are rusty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Wondering if anyone who interviewed for this role in the last 2 weeks has heard anything back yet?

Had my interview 4 weeks ago - was successful so onto the next stage for vetting and checking... nothing since. I applied initially in September - at this rate I'll have found another job before they make a formal offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 1968c

Hi is anyone still active here, they're still looking for community swabbers. Started advertising in November and in the last leg of it now. Does anyone else wonder is it worth leaving a full time job for. Especially if not being as busy.

Have been in the job since the end of May. Really busy until a couple of weeks ago.

Advertisement