Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HSE Covid Swabbing roles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

No offer of job as of yet! Occ Health rang to verify immunisation record on Friday. Have heard nothing since. So we shall wait......

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alzo93

Has anyone that applied for the contact tracing heard anything back yet?

It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since I sent in the initial email to begin vetting and 2 weeks on Thursday since I spoke to the recruiter. Just wondering if I should expect to hear something this week or if a longer wait should be expected?

I'm impatient at the best of times so I'm getting a little anxious!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

I'm starting on Thursday after completing all the nonsense they looked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

Awwwwfook wrote: »

Oh interesting.... What kind of roster do you know? are you doung training first.... oh ive so many questions!!!

First off, congrats on getting in, I hope you enjoy the experience!

Second, can you elaborate a little on what the recruitment process was like? I just received and sent back the medical questionnaire and am curious to know how far along I am. Also, do they assign you to a location or can you pick it?

Good luck on Thursday, I'm sure you'll do great!

• Advertisement

fionnr01 wrote: »
    Oh interesting.... What kind of roster do you know? are you doung training first.... oh ive so many questions!!!

I'll try answer what I can.
    Firstly I've worked as a Swabber through an agency since the end of July so I don't need training. I'm staying in the center I'm currently in.
    The roster is dependant on location of test centre and they all vary. I'm doing 9 to 6 - 5 days a week currently but that changes every few weeks.

alzo93 wrote: »
    First off, congrats on getting in, I hope you enjoy the experience!

Second, can you elaborate a little on what the recruitment process was like? I just received and sent back the medical questionnaire and am curious to know how far along I am. Also, do they assign you to a location or can you pick it?

Good luck on Thursday, I'm sure you'll do great!

Thanks! So I had interview on Sept 22nd.
    Since then I filled in all necessary forms.
    You should get a call from Occ Health next.

Once they clear you and your vetting and references are cleared you might get a document with a job offer and asking do you wish to do full time or part time. I got that a week ago.

I got contract today to start on Thursday!

I was assigned my second preference but as I'm currently working through an agency in my first preference the regional manager is keeping me where I am.

Thanks! So I had interview on Sept 22nd.
    Since then I filled in all necessary forms.
    You should get a call from Occ Health next.

Once they clear you and your vetting and references are cleared you might get a document with a job offer and asking do you wish to do full time or part time. I got that a week ago.

I got contract today to start on Thursday!

I was assigned my second preference but as I'm currently working through an agency in my first preference the regional manager is keeping me where I am.
    Great info thank you... Do you mind me asking what county you in? No prob if u dont want to share that info. Congratulations on getting the job.

Great info thank you... Do you mind me asking what county you in? No prob if u dont want to share that info. Congratulations on getting the job.

I'll PM you there. Anymore questions just ask. It seems to be all over the place. I was put in band 1 so was interviewed fairly fast. Good luck. It's a great job but exhausting.

I'll PM you there. Anymore questions just ask. It seems to be all over the place. I was put in band 1 so was interviewed fairly fast. Good luck. It's a great job but exhausting.
    Thanks so much.... Those hours are long 9 -6... esp if alot of standing around in the cold....

• Advertisement

Thanks so much.... Those hours are long 9 -6... esp if alot of standing around in the cold....

Yes it's long, shifts vary tho.
    I've worked
    1pm to 8pm
    8am to 8pm
    7am to 1pm

If you are sent out serial testing in factories, nursing homes etc it's random hours. You need to be flexible. It's a great job though regardless of the hours and weekend work.

Im doing the health assessment form... Its years since i had those vaccinations they ask about TB measels etc... so i ticked yes coz ive had them but now its asking me to upload a certificate ie proof.... which i don't have.... Did everyone jus not upload??? will it let me move on?

Yes it's long, shifts vary tho.
    I've worked
    1pm to 8pm
    8am to 8pm
    7am to 1pm

If you are sent out serial testing in factories, nursing homes etc it's random hours. You need to be flexible. It's a great job though regardless of the hours and weekend work.
    Thanks great info.... If u do 8-8 i presume u have a shorter shift later in the wk.. ie do u go over 39hrs a week???
    I can be flexible for sure but i couldn't do extra hours on a continuous basis due to children etc

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pegdrums

Congrats, great to hear some good news. It's been over four weeks for mr since garda vetting invitation and just radio silence :(

Occ Health will send you a link to book in and get vaccinations needed. They have clinics all over to for you to get them

beenhad wrote: »
    Occ Health will send you a link to book in and get vaccinations needed. They have clinics all over to for you to get them
    will i tick the no box then?

Just seen a tweet there from RTE correspondent Aisling Kenny that the recruitment agency has sent the wrong contracts to Contact Tracers, mistakenly giving them zero hour contracts apparently.

UPDATE: Previously hired candidates with this contract will receive a letter outlining the mistake and be given the correct documentation to reflect their proper hours.

I think if you have no certificate they will ask you to get blood test and measure your immunity. You could try emailing them, but they are very slow to respond. I don't know if you tick no what happens, I'd hate them to overlook your application. I'm still waiting after doing all the stuff they ask for! You'd want the patience of a Saint!!!

I think if you have no certificate they will ask you to get blood test and measure your immunity. You could try emailing them, but they are very slow to respond. I don't know if you tick no what happens, I'd hate them to overlook your application. I'm still waiting after doing all the stuff they ask for! You'd want the patience of a Saint!!!
    Thanks, i ticked no and a box poppef up tp explain why id had no vaccinations soni explained about the certs and that id actually had the vaccines.... will see what happens next

Thanks great info.... If u do 8-8 i presume u have a shorter shift later in the wk.. ie do u go over 39hrs a week???
    I can be flexible for sure but i couldn't do extra hours on a continuous basis due to children etc

You would work less days usually. You might go over by a couple of hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

Small update....only thing i've received this week is an email yesterday saying that BCG statement on my pre assessment is confirmed and that im fit for work but no job offer as yet.

Same here, over a week now and radio silence! Have emailed x2 and no response, yet agencies are still advertising for these roles, what is going on?

I got the BCG declaration form too on Thursday i think... email saying garda vetting complete also... nothing since....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

agencies are still advertising for these roles, what is going on?

Don't think they are for HSE specific roles

The last email I received was last Monday, with the occupational health questionnaire as others have mentioned. Haven't heard anything back about that or the initial garda vetting form I submitted 3 weeks ago now.

Hopefully I'll hear something from them soon!

Well finally got the job offer!! Its in a weird format where they ask you to accept and sign I did this but not sure if it went through!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

Congrats ! Did job offer ask if you wanted full or part time, were you given the choice and any hours mentioned at all ? Was the offer form one of those online signature forms ?
    In my case I've discovered I can take LOA for up to a year from my factory job to do the swabber role so this is how I've decided to go, should an offer arise.
    Best of luck in the new job, beenhad

Well finally got the job offer!! Its in a weird format where they ask you to accept and sign I did this but not sure if it went through!!
    Yay well done :)

Ye asks if you want full time or part time, doesn't mention salary being offered tho... It was one of them e signature forms. They rang and said I can start 28 October, just waiting on one more reference, which has gone in now! Forgot to ask what area😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

Congratulations beenhad, the wait seems to have been worth it 👍 Best of luck! I received an email from garda vetting asking me to complete previous addresses etc, it's all very slow moving

Advertisement