Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Covid Swabbing roles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭starburst87

beenhad wrote: »
    Had an email off HBS yesterday asking for permission to contact my referees. I'm hoping this means pending references I'll be offered a job? What do you think?

I would imagine so beenhad, that's brilliant and very quick, thanks for the update, it all sounds good 👠Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tilytally

Had an email off HBS yesterday asking for permission to contact my referees. I'm hoping this means pending references I'll be offered a job? What do you think?

All sounds very promising, well done to you! Please let us know how you get on, you have been so helpful with providing updates throughout your process, thank you.

Interview tomorrow, I'm bricking it, I have just about brushed up on everything, I will update tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

Best of luck! Don't worry, they are really nice. Ye keep us posted

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Ioma wrote: »
    Just got this email
    Dear Applicant,

I can confirm we have received your application. The team are currently shortlisting staff.

We have received a significant number of applications which will need to go through, we will get back to all applicants in due course.

Kindest Regards,
    HBS Recruitment Services

My friend just got this same email there now, have you heard anything since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

That sounds like u got it well done.. Did they give u any further info re hours of work etc?

So it's done and dusted, they asked about team work and a real life example, also looked for examples of communication, what would you do if this happened, what would you do in this situation, asked about ppe and infection control, one lady interviewing and another taking notes, they were both lovely.

Fingers crossed for us all

So it's done and dusted, they asked about team work and a real life example, also looked for examples of communication, what would you do if this happened, what would you do in this situation, asked about ppe and infection control, one lady interviewing and another taking notes, they were both lovely.

Fingers crossed for us all

Well done, I'm sure that's a relief to have it completed. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pegdrums

Hi all, just reading up on this thread here. Its somewhat of a relief that everything seems to be moving so slowly.
    Glad to hear some of you received work, congratulations. Hope its going well.

I applied for this role on the 11th September and received the 'Garda vetting invitation.'
    I completed the one page form I received and its been radio silence since.

My question is about the Garda vetting.
    I work in a language school and recently completed a Garda vetting form where I had to write down every single address I've lived at and the dates. A huge P.IT.A but got it sorted.

With this invitation it was just a one page form with my personal details and current adress.

Am I missing something here? Did I miss all the pages where I have to write down all my addresses? I completed the form electronically signed it and submitted it.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Here is the email I received.
    Hi *%!@%*

Please find below a link to the National Garda Vetting Invitation form which must be completed and signed before we can continue with your application.

The role you are being vetted for is Community Swabber conducting tests for COVID19 on Children and Vulnerable Adults

Please use the link below to start the vetting process

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ioma

Shark7 wrote: »
    My friend just got this same email there now, have you heard anything since?

No silence since, nothing at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ioma

Ioma wrote: »

So some centres looking for volunteers while others employing swabbers?

What was the Garda vetting situation for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kjpf

Has anyone applied for or started the contact tracing positions? I applied a couple weeks ago, since then I have filled out the Garda vetting, pre-placement health assessment and had a phone interview but have heard nothing back in the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alzo93

kjpf wrote: »
    Has anyone applied for or started the contact tracing positions? I applied a couple weeks ago, since then I have filled out the Garda vetting, pre-placement health assessment and had a phone interview but have heard nothing back in the last week.

I applied a few weeks back and got an email early last week for the Garda vetting and a phone call last Thursday with the phone interview but nothing after that.

What was the health assessment you had to do? I haven't received anything like that!

I'm not too worried that I haven't heard anything yet as I know the Garda vetting office is a little backed up with the extra safety protocols in place and the high number of applications they need to go through. Just before I got of the phone with the recruiter, they just said to keep an eye on my email in case they need additional information and to be as fast as as possible getting it back to them as they're trying to fill the roles quickly because they need to get people from other government agencies back to their proper job so they're filling the jobs as people complete the background check process.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon though! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kjpf

alzo93 wrote: »
    I applied a few weeks back and got an email early last week for the Garda vetting and a phone call last Thursday with the phone interview but nothing after that.

What was the health assessment you had to do? I haven't received anything like that!

I'm not too worried that I haven't heard anything yet as I know the Garda vetting office is a little backed up with the extra safety protocols in place and the high number of applications they need to go through. Just before I got of the phone with the recruiter, they just said to keep an eye on my email in case they need additional information and to be as fast as as possible getting it back to them as they're trying to fill the roles quickly because they need to get people from other government agencies back to their proper job so they're filling the jobs as people complete the background check process.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon though! Good luck!

The pre placement heath assessment was just a form where i had to put in my GP details, previous employment (strange) and if I had taken any sick leave in the last two years and if I have any health conditions.

Did you get any confirmation from the Garda vetting that they had submitted your information? In my previous jobs I have always got confirmation from the Garda vetting dept saying your employer has submitted your information for vetting.

kjpf wrote: »
    The pre placement heath assessment was just a form where i had to put in my GP details, previous employment (strange) and if I had taken any sick leave in the last two years and if I have any health conditions.

Did you get any confirmation from the Garda vetting that they had submitted your information? In my previous jobs I have always got confirmation from the Garda vetting dept saying your employer has submitted your information for vetting.

No, I just got an email with a copy of what I had submitted.

When I was on the phone with the recruiter they said that they'd be happy to send me forward to be vetted so my thinking is that they don't actually submit your information for vetting until after you've spoken to someone on the phone and that they send out the email about it in advance just to be a little more prepared.

Given that you've done a medical assessment form I'd say you're a little further ahead in the process then I am but it's still frustrating that they can't even send a quick email to be like hey, we're still working on your application and we'll get back to you soon just so we actually know what's going on with it!

pegdrums wrote: »
    Hi all, just reading up on this thread here. Its somewhat of a relief that everything seems to be moving so slowly.
    Glad to hear some of you received work, congratulations. Hope its going well.

I applied for this role on the 11th September and received the 'Garda vetting invitation.'
    I completed the one page form I received and its been radio silence since.

My question is about the Garda vetting.
    I work in a language school and recently completed a Garda vetting form where I had to write down every single address I've lived at and the dates. A huge P.IT.A but got it sorted.

With this invitation it was just a one page form with my personal details and current adress.

Am I missing something here? Did I miss all the pages where I have to write down all my addresses? I completed the form electronically signed it and submitted it.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Here is the email I received.
    Hi *%!@%*

Please find below a link to the National Garda Vetting Invitation form which must be completed and signed before we can continue with your application.

The role you are being vetted for is Community Swabber conducting tests for COVID19 on Children and Vulnerable Adults

Please use the link below to start the vetting process

Hi pegdrums,

Exactly the same for me, just one page however I also had previously filled out a garda vetting form with every address which I needed to do for an overseas visa several years ago. Still waiting for an update, it's quite frustrating but I am impatient at the best of times lol.

Cheers Tilly.

Seems patience is key here. I sent HBS an enquiry but haven't heard back.

Hi
    You will get an email from the gardaí requesting to click on link which takes you to the form to fill out all previous addresses. The initial form was to give permission to receive email from gardaí to then proceed and complete evetting form. I got mine today. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Hi
    You will get an email from the gardaí requesting to click on link which takes you to the form to fill out all previous addresses. The initial form was to give permission to receive email from gardaí to then proceed and complete evetting form. I got mine today. Hope this helps.

That makes sense, cheers. How long were you waiting from invitation to today?

I had my interview on Tuesday, I just received an email asking me to complete a Pre-Placement Health Assessment Form.

Beenhad can I ask did you receive this?

I didn't receive anything for garda vetting so it's making me wonder.

Surely if I didn't pass the interview they would not ask for me to complete this form.

I've just seen on twitter that, at the HSE weekly operational briefing, Paul Reed has said that;

100 swabbers starting between this week and next

65 Tracers starting this week with another 75 due to start next week

He didn't give any indication as to how many positions they're looking to fill for each role unfortunately. Hopefully we'll all hear something soon though!

alzo93 wrote: »
    I've just seen on twitter that, at the HSE weekly operational briefing, Paul Reed has said that;

100 swabbers starting between this week and next

65 Tracers starting this week with another 75 due to start next week

He didn't give any indication as to how many positions they're looking to fill for each role unfortunately. Hopefully we'll all hear something soon though!
    They said 700 swabbers at the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

I did interview for swabber job and thanks to beenhad and others for guidance so far. Very much appreciated. Got the pre-med assessment form/pdf today. Was asked for references and as I lived abroad for several years have to get police clearance from there too.

Has anyone started the swabber job as yet?

Im currently working in a factory, permanent contract am wondering as swabber job is temp contract but "with a possibility of being put on a panel for further temp and contract roles within HSE" am i mad to be thinking of chucking in my factory job for something I'd much prefer to do and better money on the short term? Ive gone as far as I can in the factory......

Any opinions welcome thanks all and best of luck to everyone on this. I'm planning on staying the course on this until an offer might or might not materialise and then I've a decision to make.

Thanks all and will keep ye posted as things happen

I did interview for swabber job and thanks to beenhad and others for guidance so far. Very much appreciated. Got the pre-med assessment form/pdf today. Was asked for references and as I lived abroad for several years have to get police clearance from there too.

Has anyone started the swabber job as yet?

Im currently working in a factory, permanent contract am wondering as swabber job is temp contract but "with a possibility of being put on a panel for further temp and contract roles within HSE" am i mad to be thinking of chucking in my factory job for something I'd much prefer to do and better money on the short term? Ive gone as far as I can in the factory......

Any opinions welcome thanks all and best of luck to everyone on this. I'm planning on staying the course on this until an offer might or might not materialise and then I've a decision to make.

Thanks all and will keep ye posted as things happen

I feel Im in a similar situation to you. I'm teaching English as a foreign language and also feel I've gone as far as I can and have ben looking to get into something with more steps to its ladder so to speak. Also, it's an unreliable industry.

Safe option is stay on the merry go round. Scary option is jump off and take a new direction.

My 2 cents would be to take the opportunity if it arises. It will give you a taste of a new area, and experience in a health role/ environment. You could do a part time course in an area you are interested while doing this job and when the contract ends be in a good position to move to the next opportunity this time with a more refined view of what ya want to do and where ya want to be. Also you'll have experience within the HSE so if other roles come up you'll have internal reference which can't be a bad thing.

Best of luck with it whichever decision ya make.

I had my interview this am, same questions as others stated prev, eg of teamwork, conflict within a team, infection control measures.... Lovely interviewers so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

Received emails yesterday and today requesting further details on my pre assessment health form and also my vaccinations history. Not sure if others are getting the same emails but probably are. The momentum is continuing on this definitely which is a good sign and I suppose if they're still asking questions and emails and all that I'm in with a decent shout.
    ... @pegdrums many thanks for your 2 cents as you say I'm staying the course on this process and its something new and would be great experience too also if you're already in their system it should be easier to access other roles further down the line.
    Best of luck to everyone involved in this.

Hi there
    Yes have filled out health assessment and also received immunisation form re TB, Hep B etc. I would email them if you still have not received evetting link from gardaí. Sounds like they're moving you forward in the process. Good luck

• Advertisement

Hi there
    Yes have filled out health assessment and also received immunisation form re TB, Hep B etc. I would email them if you still have not received evetting link from gardaí. Sounds like they're moving you forward in the process. Good luck
    They have requested to contact my referees also so im hopeful of an offer.... Have you received an official offer yet? Just wondering about the timeline aprox, think u did ur interview a wk before me?

Advertisement