Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Covid Swabbing roles

• 14-09-2020 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Any boardsies applied for these roles?

Other than the initial media reports last week, I have not seen much more information about it in the media or elsewhere since the campaign was run (ending today 14th Sept). I have applied as I am out of work at the moment and although not trained in the healthcare sector I would like to help get the HSE staff back into their own departments before the backlogs get worse and in some ways feel it is my civic duty to help during the pandemic while I am available. I am curious to know if this is a role which could possibly have long term prospects in the HSE (outside of the possible 12 month contract) or if it could lead to a role in another area of the HSE following the term of the contract.

Also, if you have applied, why did you apply (apart from the obvious - a salary) and how do you feel about the recruitment process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Tilytally wrote: »
    Any boardsies applied for these roles?

Other than the initial media reports last week, I have not seen much more information about it in the media or elsewhere since the campaign was run (ending today 14th Sept). I have applied as I am out of work at the moment and although not trained in the healthcare sector I would like to help get the HSE staff back into their own departments before the backlogs get worse and in some ways feel it is my civic duty to help during the pandemic while I am available. I am curious to know if this is a role which could possibly have long term prospects in the HSE (outside of the possible 12 month contract) or if it could lead to a role in another area of the HSE following the term of the contract.

Also, if you have applied, why did you apply (apart from the obvious - a salary) and how do you feel about the recruitment process?

I know someone that applied for this rule 2 weeks ago, have had to get Garda vetting confirmed and have heard nothing since.

Would have expected to hear something as there is clearly a need for testers considering the volume of tests being done every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Was ther much publicity around this? Missed it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tilytally

Thanks for replies, yes I also provided my information last week for the garda vetting which takes 5 business days so expecting an update sometime this week regarding the next stage.

I received an email from the HSE approx three weeks ago as I had previously signed up to the Be On Call recruitment drive from March/April of this year and I also saw that it was advertised on the Job Alert website that week along with some very minor media reports mentioning that the roles were going to open for applications "soon". Have not heard or read any further media reports since which seems unusual given the level of media attention the pandemic has created.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ioma

@Tilytally I am the same as you , did the garda vetting 8 days ago & heard nothing , but looking at Indeed website re working for the HSE it says the process can take over a month which is crazy considering the numbers & the fact that they are now sending swabs overseas due to demand

Ioma wrote: »
    @Tilytally I am the same as you , did the garda vetting 8 days ago & heard nothing , but looking at Indeed website re working for the HSE it says the process can take over a month which is crazy considering the numbers & the fact that they are now sending swabs overseas due to demand

Hi Ioma,

Wishing you the best of luck with your application, hopefully you hear something soon.

I find it unusual that there are no further updates as yet as I noticed they mentioned the urgency to get people into these roles before the end of September in the downloaded information booklet at the time of the application. Now obviously they could be filling the roles at the moment and we are further down the line due to the number of applicants perhaps, but it does not seem to be as urgent as I imagined. I have friends redeployed in the HSE currently (not swabbing though) and they have not had any updates regarding the intake of new staff either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Ioma

Hi @TilyTally
    I do not understand it either as it was mentioned on Twitter yesterday afternoon that they had so far swabbed/tested 450 people at Punchestown (Kildare) in one day. Wishful thinking that as you say they state in the application process that they are urgently looking for people, we will probably hear in December!!
    Fingers crossed for all of us that we hear something one way or another

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea im the same, applied for it about 2 weeks or so ago, got the garda vetting thing and did it straight away last monday and nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

The successful applicants have been placed into panels of A,B,C etc. A's panel have been contacted & are due video call interviews starting tomorrow. Its not unusual for 5/6 public health swabbing teams to set up a mobile test center with the ambulance service & test 450 people a day.

Once your trained in donning & doffing & confident in same its normally very smooth, the static sites are very well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

medic112 wrote: »
    The successful applicants have been placed into panels of A,B,C etc. A's panel have been contacted & are due video call interviews starting tomorrow. Its not unusual for 5/6 public health swabbing teams to set up a mobile test center with the ambulance service & test 450 people a day.

Once your trained in donning & doffing & confident in same its normally very smooth, the static sites are very well run.

Are the panels ranked in order of merit or would panel A be people who have selected sayv a county thats badly in need of testers??
    I applied, did garda vetting, heard nothing since. I have a vast experience in healthcare over 20yrs and im sure id have the necessary qualifications/skills. I chose Roscommon Westmeath.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

fionnr01 wrote: »
    Are the panels ranked in order of merit or would panel A be people who have selected sayv a county thats badly in need of testers??
    I applied, did garda vetting, heard nothing since. I have a vast experience in healthcare over 20yrs and im sure id have the necessary qualifications/skills. I chose Roscommon Westmeath.

I picked Kildare and Portlaoise (was going to pick Dublin but thought it might more competition there)

• Advertisement

I picked Kildare and Portlaoise (was going to pick Dublin but thought it might more competition there)

Any contact?

How do you know this if you dont mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Thanks for replies, yes I also provided my information last week for the garda vetting which takes 5 business days so expecting an update sometime this week regarding the next stage.

I received an email from the HSE approx three weeks ago as I had previously signed up to the Be On Call recruitment drive from March/April of this year and I also saw that it was advertised on the Job Alert website that week along with some very minor media reports mentioning that the roles were going to open for applications "soon". Have not heard or read any further media reports since which seems unusual given the level of media attention the pandemic has created.

Did you ever hear anymore back from the be on all team? I applied, had my interview then silence for 6 weeks when a recruitment agency contacted me to supply Garda vetting, vaccine report etc then nothing since then. That was back in March.

Any contact?

Sorry just seen u said already nothing since ðŸ‘

Hi Medic112,

That's interesting information thank you, are you currently working in this area - asking purely based on your username.

I initially assumed I may be lower on the list as 1. I don't have a healthcare background (although I am a mature business professional and have plenty of experience dealing with the public) and 2. I am also awaiting police vetting from a stint overseas several years ago, so in that sense although I am available to work immediately perhaps they see this as a lower placement in the order of merit. Although regarding the overseas police vetting it did note that this would be requested at a later stage following a job offer (5 days after offer at the latest) if not immediately available.

Moreso, I was hoping to have a little more information from the recruiter at this stage but perhaps I am just not used to the public service style of recruitment as I have worked solely in the private sector previously.

Did you ever hear anymore back from the be on all team? I applied, had my interview then silence for 6 weeks when a recruitment agency contacted me to supply Garda vetting, vaccine report etc then nothing since then. That was back in March.

Hi Hunky Monster

I received the generic update emails however I was not called to provide any information which I put down to the fact I didn't have a healthcare qualification/experience at the time when the necessity seemed to be for healthcare workers. Although at the time I was working so my availability wasn't as open as it is now, however I would have happily taken any role to help out in any way as I really empathise with the healthcare sector and the added stress the pandemic has caused to an already pressurised sector. In some ways following this pandemic I feel we should all do a mandatory stint in the healthcare sector in some shape or form either in our teens or early 20s, much like some countries have mandatory army enrolment. It may help more people be aware of what the sector goes through and teach people to be empathetic to people from all walks of life. After all the ol' cliche our health is our wealth certainly rings truer now more than ever.

I'm digressing here but wanted to add a little bit more about why I chose to "be on call".

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭beenhad

Hi just found this! I've an interview tomorrow at 1.10pm. They are doing interviews with Microsoft teams, have never done this. They send you an email with interview prep. I'll let you know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Hi Hunky Monster

I received the generic update emails however I was not called to provide any information which I put down to the fact I didn't have a healthcare qualification/experience at the time when the necessity seemed to be for healthcare workers. Although at the time I was working so my availability wasn't as open as it is now, however I would have happily taken any role to help out in any way as I really empathise with the healthcare sector and the added stress the pandemic has caused to an already pressurised sector. In some ways following this pandemic I feel we should all do a mandatory stint in the healthcare sector in some shape or form either in our teens or early 20s, much like some countries have mandatory army enrolment. It may help more people be aware of what the sector goes through and teach people to be empathetic to people from all walks of life. After all the ol' cliche our health is our wealth certainly rings truer now more than ever.

I'm digressing here but wanted to add a little bit more about why I chose to "be on call".

Thanks for that. Yeah I agree with you there. Even if it was a transition year thing for the year it would be handy to have.

I provided all relevant documents and nothing but radio silence since. I know they’ve hired more people for the roles advertised since so I’m feeling a bit left out. My interview went well and I progressed to the Garda vetting and all other documents and nothing since. Strange.

beenhad wrote: »
    Hi just found this! I've an interview tomorrow at 1.10pm. They are doing interviews with Microsoft teams, have never done this. They send you an email with interview prep. I'll let you know how it goes

Do you mind me asking what county's you chose?
    I did a Microsoft teams interview (for other jobs. its easy , click on the link in the email but do it a good 15 20 mins before ur interview time coz it might have to download but its fast (and ive slow internet) but it was fine, its just clicking accept/ next etc... Then it will say to type in ur name and it will tell them youre waiting... Was it an email or a ph call u got inviting u to interview?

Wishing you the very best of luck beenhad, yes please let us know how you get on. I'm sure you will do great!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Yeah I agree with you there. Even if it was a transition year thing for the year it would be handy to have.

I provided all relevant documents and nothing but radio silence since. I know they’ve hired more people for the roles advertised since so I’m feeling a bit left out. My interview went well and I progressed to the Garda vetting and all other documents and nothing since. Strange.

Perhaps you're in an area with lower requirements for additional assistance? I know you mentioned it's been radio silence however were you in a position to able to contact the recruiters to follow up or find out your order of merit? I saw that candidates could follow up, as mentioned in the application documentation but it seems like all email correspondence is from email addresses which are not manned.

Perhaps you're in an area with lower requirements for additional assistance? I know you mentioned it's been radio silence however were you in a position to able to contact the recruiters to follow up or find out your order of merit? I saw that candidates could follow up, as mentioned in the application documentation but it seems like all email correspondence is from email addresses which are not manned.
    You can send queries to this email address campaign@hbsrecruitmentservices.ie
    I just sent one, ill let you know if i hear back.

Good luck with the interview. let us know how you go

Hi
    Thanks for the info, have never done these type of interviews before. I picked Punchestown and City west. I'll put up how it went this afternoon, fingers crossed! I've never seen the HSE move so quickly?!

It was in an email with a link to Microsoft Teams.

It was in an email with a link to Microsoft Teams.

Very best of luck... read job spec and Google HIQA infection control... u prob know this already:)

Well it never went ahead, there was a problem with Microsoft Teams when they tried! So rescheduled, gives me more time to brush up on the above!

Well it never went ahead, there was a problem with Microsoft Teams when they tried! So rescheduled, gives me more time to brush up on the above!

Oh how annoying!! At least more time to prep.... When is it rescheduled for? Did u get much notice about the interview? sorry all the questions but im really hoping to hear soon

Has anyone been contacted since ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Has anyone been contacted since ?

Friend heard nothing since submitting Garda vetting last Monday week. Applied for punchestown and city west.

Advertisement