Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

2 x 20 pk of either heineken/miller/coors light for E30.
    8 pk Bud light is E9, Both on tesco.ie.
    Using the code RXXGGHT (20 off orders 60 or over) that means you can get either 80 bottles for E40 or 56 cans for E43 :o
    Using the code RXXGGHT (20 off orders 60 or over) that means you can get either 80 bottles for E40 or 56 cans for E43 :o

Time to call a halt double vision :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

wow I haven't thought about coupon, 80 bottles for 40e is better value than christmas prices on beer (tend to be cheaper)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

ChokaBlok billionaire shortcake icecream was 1.74 for 500ml yesterday seemed like a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Just on the point of beer prices etc, even at its best, when you think you are getting a fantastic bargain by combining deals with coupons etc, you are still only getting standard promotion prices that they pay in France (For example).
    Was there recently and in one promotion, you could get 40 X 25cl bottles of Kronenbourg for €12

There was other promotions but this whole thing that alcohol is too cheap here is insulting - it's cheaper in other places.

Sorry for being off topic - back to the bargains :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Kenco Millicano refill pouches are €3 in Baggot St. Lwr. branch at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Just on the point of beer prices etc, even at its best, when you think you are getting a fantastic bargain by combining deals with coupons etc, you are still only getting standard promotion prices that they pay in France (For example).
    Was there recently and in one promotion, you could get 40 X 25cl bottles of Kronenbourg for €12

There was other promotions but this whole thing that alcohol is too cheap here is insulting - it's cheaper in other places.

Yes there is , but they have a different tax system. And alot of the cheap plunk over there is from France or even local. I found beer prices to be higher than ours when I was there this year. And bar prices astronomical

This is ours for wine. Copied of another site. Its hard to turn a profit on it.
    Just before the retailers margin, we have government duty and then VAT added. This is how it works:
    • €2.46 flat-rate duty on every bottle, €4.92 on sparkling wine
    • 21.5% VAT (this is on the whole cost, including duty)
    • At €19.99, tax represents 30% of purchase price
    • At €9.99, tax = 42%
    • At €7.99, tax = 48%
    • At €5.99, tax = 60% & less than €2 gets spent on the wine inc. packaging and shipping.
    Therefore, more often than not, you’ll be getting a drastically better wine at €7.99 than you will at €5.99.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

brokenarms wrote: »
    Therefore, more often than not, you’ll be getting a drastically better wine at €7.99 than you will at €5.99.

You will find a few gems even at the 5.99 price tag though- one to buy, is the Tesco own brand Finest Rose- easily the beat of Rose's from name brands such as Mateus- that are double the price. When they have the 20% offers- its even better value (though they have been rigorously applying quotas lately).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Yes there is , but they have a different tax system. And alot of the cheap plunk over there is from France or even local. I found beer prices to be higher than ours when I was there this year. And bar prices astronomical

Just before the retailers margin, we have government duty and then VAT added. This is how it works:
    • At €9.99, tax = 42%
    • At €7.99, tax = 48%
    • At €5.99, tax = 60% & less than €2 gets spent on the wine inc. packaging and shipping.
    Those figures are quite old. VAT is 23% now and the duty rates have changed also. So the margins are actually even smaller than you quoted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Tesco roscommon,
    Go create craft kits in plastic tub supposed to be half price on the shelf but scanning at €1.15 - originally €4.50

There are several variations,
    • princess kit with glitter glue and foam parts
    • windup robot kit
    • large pipe cleaners, small pripe cleaners, pompoms, googly eyes and felts bits
    • small pipe cleaners felt sheets, googly eyes, staws and other small bits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

paddyp wrote: »
    Tesco roscommon,
    Go create craft kits in plastic tub supposed to be half price on the shelf but scanning at €1.15 - originally €4.50

There are several variations,
    • princess kit with glitter glue and foam parts
    • windup robot kit
    • large pipe cleaners, small pripe cleaners, pompoms, googly eyes and felts bits
    • small pipe cleaners felt sheets, googly eyes, staws and other small bits

Got some of these with the foam pieces before and they ended up in the bin only worth the €1.15,the others might be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭irishproduce

• At €9.99, tax = 42%
    • At €7.99, tax = 48%

I specifically avoided the discussion on wine.
    I seen many many boxes of wine in France for approximately €1.99 - €2.49 a litre.

I understand exactly why wine is more expensive here. However, beer was very well priced across the board (Excluding in bars/ hotels)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

zerks wrote: »
    Got some of these with the foam pieces before and they ended up in the bin only worth the €1.15,the others might be ok.

Yeah definitely not worth €4.50. I think I've hoovered up all the pompoms and googly eyes in our house so i bought a couple of the other sets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Please follow your own advice there irishproduce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Bic Clic Buz Grip 6 pack 70c

Zebra Selection pack €1.10
    189-6388_PI_TPS1910659?wid=250&hei=250&$Detail$
    Some Tesco highlighter/ballpoint ben hybrids 50c. A lot of the refill pads were half price

A variety of tools reduced including Car Battery Charger €6.20, hex key set - 76c.

Kallo rice cakes - 78c
    261385_Kallo_Low_Fat_Rice_Cakes_130g_sp1-500x500-300x300.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tesco Clearwater and Tesco Clarehall....

BnM 20 pack firelighters

Reduced from 3 euro 59 cents to a mere 89 cents per pack....(someone in Tesco did a big boo boo there..:pac:)

I bought 26 packs of them on Thursday night and another 49 packs last night.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

paddy147 wrote: »

BnM 20 pack firelighters

Reduced from 3 euro 59 cents to a mere 89 cents per pack....(someone in Tesco did a big boo boo there..:pac:)

Full price in Arklow

viv2 wrote: »
    Full price in Arklow

3 euro 59 cents then.............Thats a bit of a sickener...:pac::p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

3 euro 59 cents then.............Thats a bit of a sickener...:pac::p:D

Did you reply twice to this?

Could have sworn you replied earlier to say they were full price somewhere aswell.

Anyway only posted to save people the bother as they seem to have fixed the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 08072011

80 bottles of heineken delivered today thanks to the op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,512 ✭✭✭✭Esel

BnM 20 pack firelighters

Arsonist alert. :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    Arsonist alert. :eek:

Ive 1 or 2 bales of briquettes to light in me stove.;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

You expecting a harsh winter? Lol. Will keep an eye out in new Ross later. Still figuring out lay of land since moving from Laois. But its better than Carlo store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Airwick candles in various Vanilla varieties €2.18
    The Pink Sweet Pea is also €2.18

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Airwick reed diffuser €2.49 only in the Pink Sweet Pea

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Papermate 5 pens €1.10

All in Arklow

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

How much? And where?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Picked up a few more stationery good deals yesterday:
    I was in a couple of Tesco stores and the bargains were common to both

Bic Clic BU3 Grip Pack 6 pens 70 cents
    They look like these in a yellow Bic Plastic Bag:
    513356_s7?iv=CnlqG1&wid=360&hei=360
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=278606854

Papermate Flexigrip Ultra - €1.10, usually around €6
    available in black or blue
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264412517

Staedtler 24 pack of colouring pencils €1.70, these are usually between €7 and €9 and are decent pencils rather that will last rather than the cheap €1 to €2 rubbish you buy.
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264425370

How much? And where?

Somehow my post got submitted before I had finished typing.
    I was editing as you posted.

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    You expecting a harsh winter? Lol. Will keep an eye out in new Ross later. Still figuring out lay of land since moving from Laois. But its better than Carlo store.

You never know what could happen the day after tomorrow.:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BnM 20 pack firelighters

Some people just want to watch the world burn:pac:

Fire lighters that price in new Ross. Happy days. :-)

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Fire lighters that price in new Ross. Happy days. :-)

89c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,837 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Crazy Prices start Today-Saturday.

Jacobs Afternoon Tea Biscuits 1Kg SAVE 5.99 Was 12.99 Now 7.00.
    Jacobs Milk Chocolate Kimberley 660G SAVE 5.49 Was 12.49 Now 7.00.
    Liga Original 175G SAVE 1.03 Was 2.53 Now 1.50.
    Liga Junior 175G SAVE 1.09 Was 2.59 Now 1.50.
    Liga Milk Breaks Original 245G save 1.69 Was 3.19 Now 1.50.
    Surf Liquid Tropical Lily 25 Wash 875Ml HALF PRICE Was 6.39 Now 3.19.
    Surf Liquid 5 Herbal Extrcts 25 Wash 875Ml HALF PRICE Was 6.39 Now 3.19.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00001769&icid=GHP_Seasonal_Tab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

siber wrote: »
    Picked up a few more stationery good deals yesterday:
    I was in a couple of Tesco stores and the bargains were common to both

Bic Clic BU3 Grip Pack 6 pens 70 cents
    They look like these in a yellow Bic Plastic Bag:

Papermate Flexigrip Ultra - €1.10, usually around €6
    available in black or blue

Staedtler 24 pack of colouring pencils €1.70, these are usually between €7 and €9 and are decent pencils rather that will last rather than the cheap €1 to €2 rubbish you buy.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264425370
    Found the Staedtler 24-pk pencils and Paper Mate 6-pk pens at same price in Claremorris. Also found this Tesco Rollerball Pen with Highlighter for 50c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I bought a new design of Flora Light ( its a bluey pack ) and it was €1.50 in Tesco .

Normally retails at €2.19 - 500g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭brian_t

I bought a new design of Flora Light ( its a bluey pack ) and it was €1.50 in Tesco .

Normally retails at €2.19 - 500g

Some of these packs also contain a €1 off coupon apparently.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86647355#post86647355

Had not realised the crazy prices only run sunday to saturday and went in to do my shopping yesterday - armed with my cushelle coupons; i bought 5 packs cushelle and they charged me 11.99 despite announcements saying they were 5.99, i went to customer service armed with receipt, and eventually (after 20 minutes of waiting) they realised they had not taken down their prices from previous day and had to give me the cheaper price - PLUS double the difference - so I got them free. The manager was in shock because he had to clear a lot of shelves and the fruit and veg was all previous deal too, he was not in form needless to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Not sure if posted here. Pack of 50 punched plastic sheets for 89c. Bought two packs for the office.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=259602087

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Crazy Prices start Today-Saturday.

Jacobs Milk Chocolate Kimberley 660G SAVE 5.49 Was 12.49 Now 7.00.

Thanks, I love these biscuits.

Bought a tin week and a half ago at full price as they rarely go down in price, doubly sickened now as I paid over the odds and I've eaten the whole tin :p

But at this price I'm buying another box this afternoon.

IDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpg

From Tomorrow
    HALF PRICE Was 2.35 Now 1.17 valid from tomorrow (24/9/2013) until 15/10/2013
    Hazel are €1.24 and the orange are €1.24
    There is a coupon on Pigsback for 75 cent off

Bag of eclairs for 42 cent or 49 for the hazel or orange

mind your teeth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

CH3OH wrote: »
    mind your teeth!

After one Christmas visit to a dentist, he said 'stay off the eclairs!'. Also I gather they have very little chocolate in them......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

brian_t wrote: »
    Some of these packs also contain a €1 off coupon apparently.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=86647355#post86647355

DSC09805_zps6619a695.jpg

Correct in that this new Flora design does contain a €1 off coupon when you buy 1kg .

But the funny thing about this offer is that 1kg of Flora Light cost €4.29 in Tesco , so €1 off means it will cost you €3.29.

However , you can buy 500g of this for €1.50 at the moment , so why pay €3.29 when you can buy 2 x 500g for €3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭brian_t

However , you can buy 500g of this for €1.50 at the moment , so why pay €3.29 when you can buy 2 x 500g for €3.

Hang on to the coupons though. You can use them when the 500gm Flora promotion is up.

Lads and ladies,

We all do it( and I'm guilty too), but is there any chance we could stop going off on tangents and keep to the thread title?
    i.e. Bargain alerts for items in Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Killeen Wheelie Bin Liners 6 were €2.19 now 54c

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

cson wrote: »
    Aldi are obviously hurting them big time with this 'Crazy Prices' campaign they've started. Had a wander around the local Tesco Metro today and was pleasantly surprised to see they'd been forced to become competitive on a lot of things I regularly buy, beating the Aldi prices in some cases.

When I go to Tesco, or Superquinn/value, or Dunnes, and I see a sticker with "We match the Aldi price on this item", I always say to myself that all the other items that are not matched must be more expensive than in Aldi. :D

Do you? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gabby3

Tesco today dooradoyle, afternoon tea should be 7 euro as part of this weeks crazy prices but scanning at 6 euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

500g bag of carrots at 39c down from €1.19. There a range of other vegetables at that price point as well such as 1kg bag of rooster potatoes for 39c as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

kn wrote: »
    500g bag of carrots at 39c down from €1.19. There a range of other vegetables at that price point as well such as 1kg bag of rooster potatoes for 39c as well.

Lidl currently doing 1Kg of carrots for 49c so a better bargain than the Tesco 'bargain'

Always shop around for your fruit n veg deals. There are great bargains to be had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dfbemt wrote: »
    Lidl currently doing 1Kg of carrots for 49c so a better bargain than the Tesco 'bargain'

Always shop around for your fruit n veg deals. There are great bargains to be had

Absolutely, good deals at Svalu too........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056985518&page=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

sassa wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Killeen Wheelie Bin Liners 6 were €2.19 now 54c

Which store please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

Lindt 100g 90% cocoa chocolate priced at €1.37 per bar ie. half price.

Tesco Mahon Point.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement