Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Curran - double murderer out on day release

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Obviously not all issues with services are entirely down to budgets but you saw what happened when the government tried to get users of water pay for a water service. Pandemonium!, marches and protests up and down the country until it was scrapped. And guess what some gobshytes think that the water service is now free! It's free all right, free for those who won't get off their arse and work for a living.

it wasn't going to be paid for by those people at any stage

i think the main concern here was the amount of money that would be wasted setting it up and then were the government going to sell it off whenever the times go tough

which they were

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

it wasn't going to be paid for by those people at any stage

i think the main concern here was the amount of money that would be wasted setting it up and then were the government going to sell it off whenever the times go tough

which they were

I'll tell you what 'the main concern' is. The main concern is people in this nation of saints & scholars in general are utterly selfish when it comes to paying their way and spreading the load. Any politician of any party or independent who proposes an across the board increase in taxes to provide services will not get elected or re elected. That's the bottom line. The money raised could be ring fenced/copper fastened/guaranteed, call it what you like and still we wouldn't pony up. We'll hold vigils for some misfortune who dies homeless on the street, we'll do anything in fact to help-except pay our fair share.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Are you in a better position to judge safety of the public then those employed by the state to do so? And who are working with him.

Have you dealt with David curran since his incarceration begun?

Can you accurately say David hasnt changed?

You have formed an opinion it is biased and you are emotional regarding it?
    You cannot judge a man with emotion.

None of us know how DC is doing in prison or whether he is being rehabilitated. I do take issue with your assumption that all prisoners can be rehabilitated and safely released back into society. The U.K. imposes whole life tariffs on people considered extremely dangerous to other people and that seems reasonable as long as it’s not abused as a tool to punish those who make us recoil because of what they have done.

I would never advocate for a US style system it’s inhumane and targets the poor and poorly educated, who cannot adequately defend themselves, making it manifestly unfair.

I stand by my opinion that some people cannot be rehabilitated and continue to be dangerous to others, inside as well as outside the prison environment. They need to be managed and contained, until there is clear evidence that they are no longer a threat to others.

Contrary to your belief, there are people currently in prison who will never be released, Shaw and Evans were already mentioned, but there are others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

None of us know how DC is doing in prison or whether he is being rehabilitated. I do take issue with your assumption that all prisoners can be rehabilitated and safely released back into society. The U.K. imposes whole life tariffs on people considered extremely dangerous to other people and that seems reasonable as long as it’s not abused as a tool to punish those who make us recoil because of what they have done.

I would never advocate for a US style system it’s inhumane and targets the poor and poorly educated, who cannot adequately defend themselves, making it manifestly unfair.

I stand by my opinion that some people cannot be rehabilitated and continue to be dangerous to others, inside as well as outside the prison environment. They need to be managed and contained, until there is clear evidence that they are no longer a threat to others.

Contrary to your belief, there are people currently in prison who will never be released, Shaw and Evans were already mentioned, but there are others.

Contrary to my belief. Shaw and evans were both out regularly go figure

Advertisement