Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil VIIIage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

nix wrote: »
    Plus if its console, you can resell it and make your money back, most people would be done with the game within a week or two..

Buying digital on release unless PC is just really really dumb.. Infact buying digital on console at any time is almost always a bad idea unless you like to be ripped off..

Unless you have a game share thing going with a friend or two, then its not so bad i guess.. Would still be cheaper to do that physical copy wise..

With game share and Microsoft rewards points this
    Game cost me a grand total of 17 euro, digital saves you cash and hassle in the long run tbh especially if you are using reward points.

MS use it to push games on gamepass and make you play diff games, as a gamer it's a win win, the developer gets a game sold at full whack too. Myself and my mate would have waited for a sale or gone to Cex down the line as we are in no rush now we are guaranteed new games on release date as we don't need to worry bout that crap or hassle.

The days gone developer mentioned that if people need sequels they need to buy games at full cost, people are saying returnal is great but will wait for it to be cheaper or second hand, they can't win really.

Sorry for tangent played a little over an hour. Looks great on series X, though I still don't like ethan as a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

No notification but decided to check dpd again and status now shows it's out for delivery around lunch time. Weekend might be saved yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    No notification but decided to check dpd again and status now shows it's out for delivery around lunch time. Weekend might be saved yet.

Same, no text or anything but apparently it's on a van an due to be delivered in the next hour!

petes wrote: »
    Same, no text or anything but apparently it's on a van an due to be delivered in the next hour!

And just arrived :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Played both demos and these games are usually not for me but it's certainly peaked my interest 😂 is smyths the cheapest spot at the moment?

• Advertisement

petes wrote: »
    And just arrived :)

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Me too!

And me! :D

Going to play it with headphones for extra chills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nothing for me :( bloody smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Ethan's constant heavy breathing annoy anyone else? Hoping it goes away.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Is it me or do Japanese developers have Europe stereotyped as basically being stuck in time at the start of the 20th Century?

• Advertisement

Nothing for me :( bloody smyths

What status is it on the dpd site? Strange i got it, was sure you would as well. Hopefully it arrives Monday at the latest!

I am enjoying it a bit more now. Once you accept it for what it is (ie more survival action than survival horror) it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What status is it on the dpd site? Strange i got it, was sure you would as well. Hopefully it arrives Monday at the latest!

Still travelling through the DPD network ah well I'm still playing retromania wrestling i'll have it platinumed by tomorrow evening haha

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really enjoying this so far! Have it since Friday but got a lot more time with it Saturday. Won't go into too much detail but past the first boss and onto House Beneviento now. It was already creepy and had its moments but this place has seriously kicked it up a notch haha!

Add in the fact I was playing it at night in the dark with my headset on very very fun!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Haven't really been able to enjoy this just yet. Having annoying graphical issue on PC.

There's a white highlight around all shadows where the contact softening shadows should be. It's really distracting. It seems to be resolution based as if I increase the visual quality to 2 (basically x4 times the resolution) it goes away but then it runs like ****.

Only just found a way to get rid of it. Basically I bumped up resolution to x4 times the resolution of my monitor using virtual super resolution and adjust the visual quality to 0.5. Shadows are now displaying correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Got it on time yesterday morning from Smyths but havent had got to open yet, still about 10 hrs from platinum on final fantasy X hopefully can start Monday.
    Really looking forward to it I hadn't played 7 until after 2 and 3 remake, I didn't think I'd like the point of view, got it hard to get used to but ended up loving it.
    some parts scared the crap out of me

Just finished Castle Dimitrescu

****ing loved it. The whole place has a great pace to it and even the annoying servant enemies weren't too bad as the game gave me plenty of ammo to deal with them (playing on standard). Lady D and the daughters are great characters, kind of raging that's them over and done with though. Looking forward to the next area!

Just finished Castle Dimitrescu

****ing loved it. The whole place has a great pace to it and even the annoying servant enemies weren't too bad as the game gave me plenty of ammo to deal with them (playing on standard). Lady D and the daughters are great characters, kind of raging that's them over and done with though. Looking forward to the next area!

You won't be disappointed if what I've played so far is anything to go by!

It looks great on the Series X.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    It looks great on the Series X.

Yeah looks so pretty on the PS5, the RE Engine is a beast! The level of detail on the objects around the world, especially indoors is just immense.

I just discovered the preorder weapon charm doors absolutely nothing except look completely out of place and swing around annoyingly when you're trying to aim. At least you can turn them off in the menu. What a strange thing to add to the game.

• Advertisement

Yeah looks so pretty on the PS5, the RE Engine is a beast! The level of detail on the objects around the world, especially indoors is just immense.

I just discovered the preorder weapon charm doors absolutely nothing except look completely out of place and swing around annoyingly when you're trying to aim. At least you can turn them off in the menu. What a strange thing to add to the game.

Thought the same myself, and if you're playing on PS5 the little jingle jangle sound it makes on the controller is really annoying.

The Baker incident report is worth a read, mostly a recap of 7 but some interesting stuff relevant to 8 in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

92ZooIe.png

71K8a2n.png

Well that's me out. It's truely baffling that a company as big as Capcom, with so many millions in budgeting expenses for their flagship title don't not have FOV option. And doesn't this have VR... so FOV absolutely went through development iterations. :rolleyes: Console focus me thinks.

I just spent a few hours at it there. I fcuking love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Cordell

92ZooIe.png

71K8a2n.png

Well that's me out. It's truely baffling that a company as big as Capcom, with so many millions in budgeting expenses for their flagship title don't not have FOV option. And doesn't this have VR... so FOV absolutely went through development iterations. :rolleyes: Console focus me thinks.

They added plenty of options for the PC graphics settings, so probably they didn't add a FOV option on purpose, the narrow FOV add a lot on the tense atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

I'm just not loving it. The old school fairy tale feel etc doesn't feel like a resi game and constantly checking map to see if a room is cleared is really effecting the continuity (this is more of a me thing)

recyclops wrote: »
    I'm just not loving it. The old school fairy tale feel etc doesn't feel like a resi game and constantly checking map to see if a room is cleared is really effecting the continuity (this is more of a me thing)

No, that's a downside for me as well, the room clearing. I'm constantly in and out of my map to check if I'm good to move on or keep exploring, takes me out of the action. Saying that, i really like that feature because i hate. Missing things but I'm not sure what would be another good mechanic its place.

Overall, I'm finding it a good mix of resi 7 and 4. REmake 2 was so ****ing good though, I'd love something else along those lines, even another Resi 1 REmake.

Its a shame the House Beneviento section seemed kinda short because i was REALLY enjoying it. Some of the best horror content in a game Ive played threw for a very long time. Actually probably since 7 itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Its a shame the House Beneviento section seemed kinda short because i was REALLY enjoying it.

I think the short length is one of the reasons its so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

No, that's a downside for me as well, the room clearing. I'm constantly in and out of my map to check if I'm good to move on or keep exploring, takes me out of the action. Saying that, i really like that feature because i hate. Missing things but I'm not sure what would be another good mechanic its place.

Overall, I'm finding it a good mix of resi 7 and 4. REmake 2 was so ****ing good though, I'd love something else along those lines, even another Resi 1 REmake.

Veronica remake would be the job

• Advertisement

Finished it there tonight, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Advertisement