Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil VIIIage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Delivered in Dublin this morning via An Post.
    Markitron wrote: »
    Mine arrived first thing this morning from an post

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Argos have them in stock for collection but it isnt showing up in searches. Here's the PS5 version I found using the product code from the UK site.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9415311.htm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looking forward to diving in over the weekend, but after seeing the box art in person I just want to reiterate that VILLAGE (stylised with an VIII) is a very funny and ridiculous name for a major video game.

I still believe nothing will top Kindgom Hearts 358/2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Cant afford this, so im living vicariously through streamers for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Mine arrived in longford from Smyths via DPD just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Surprised at the amount of people still buying physical copies of games. Not bought physical in 5 years...

ZiabR wrote: »
    Surprised at the amount of people still buying physical copies of games. Not bought physical in 5 years...

Physical games help feed my habit by selling and buying a new game, only game always contributing to the new game.

I'm looking forward to click and collect coming back next week because this delivery bollox is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

Bought LG CX 48 this morning which is replacing a 13 year old Samsung . My first 4K tv & this is first game I'm going play on it later ��

DPD arrived but no game. Bollox sake, really wanted to play it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If you've ****e internet it makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s ten quid cheaper to order a physical copy of the game. Simple as that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    need something to test my new PC.

Spec pleeze.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Spec pleeze.

Ryzen 5800X
    AMD 6900XT GPU
    32GB RAM 3600 MHz
    And a 1TB Sabrent Max performance NVME drive as the boot drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

they are usually cheaper thank directly from steam, etc. And you get a physical box with it too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Plus if its console, you can resell it and make your money back, most people would be done with the game within a week or two..

Buying digital on release unless PC is just really really dumb.. Infact buying digital on console at any time is almost always a bad idea unless you like to be ripped off..

Unless you have a game share thing going with a friend or two, then its not so bad i guess.. Would still be cheaper to do that physical copy wise..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Only played an hour into there in the afternoon........looks well, sounds good, heavily optimised on the PC with good solid GPU usage as well.
    Gameplay is nothing revolutionary, and hasn't dealt any surprises as of yet, but looking forward to going back to it. Between this and Metro Exodus yesterday, it's nice to sit down at the PC for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Still bloody waiting on mine :(

Still bloody waiting on mine :(

Smyths Brian? DPD with order received status? DPD just got back to saying they haven't received it from Smyths yet, just my info but i thought it would be them collecting it so still don't of Smith's haven't sent it or DPD haven't collected. I'd get a refund now if i could and just go pick it up in Argos.

Yeah man same thing Smyths :/ such a balls , I wonder could you cancel it seen as they haven't collected yet

Yeah man same thing Smyths :/ such a balls , I wonder could you cancel it seen as they haven't collected yet

Says order complete on website and i messaged them twice on Twitter since this morning and no reply.

• Advertisement

I just got a message now saying it'll be delivered by monday , I'd say I'll get it tomorrow as it's usually how long smyths takes , if i was in a major hurry i'd be pretty pissed off at them , sooner everything opens the better

I just got a message now saying it'll be delivered by monday , I'd say I'll get it tomorrow as it's usually how long smyths takes , if i was in a major hurry i'd be pretty pissed off at them , sooner everything opens the better

Mine has updated now to moving through the dpd network. They deliver on Saturdays so tomorrow wouldn't be too bad. Has put me off using smyths again anyway, especially if you're in Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Played about an hour, will get proper stuck in tonight.

I've managed to stay away from any promo material /spoilers for this thankfully. I have to say (and it is very early days) I'm not terribly impressed with the direction they seem to have taken this ie more action oriented, quicker enemies etc. It's definitely less horror more action.

There was also some food on a plate and I couldn't make out what it was supposed to be at all. Maybe the cook was just bad! Nitpick I know.

All that said, I'm hopeful of a good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

First two hours of this on 48 cx on ps5 has completely blown me away . WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

how is it on ps4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

About an 90 minute's in on PS5. Echo the other comments, definitely shaping up to be much more action heavy than 7, it looks lovely and is running smooth as silk but so far it's not anything that hasn't been seen before, not really feeling the enemies I've encountered thus far either.

Loads of graphical issues on PC until I updated the drivers then a few more that sorted themselves out when I reset. Running really well on my system even with Raytracing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Strong Resi 4 vibes with this so far.

I don't know what is up with the film grain effect but it's utter garbage. Considering they got this right back with silent hill 2 there's no excuse for how bad it is. In fact it's outright dangerous and a great way to induce an epileptic fit. Don't turn it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Strong Resi 4 vibes with this so far.

giphy.gif

Advertisement