Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil VIIIage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

One thing annoyed me, a house in the village stayed red, couldn't find what item I was missing. The left house of the 'Maiden of War' words on the map. It has flowers and candles out front.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Writing in Village was far superior anyway.

Only one game has Ramon Salazar and the line "i see the president equipped his daughter with balllistics" and therefore you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

One thing annoyed me, a house in the village stayed red, couldn't find what item I was missing. The left house of the 'Maiden of War' words on the map. It has flowers and candles out front.

Ya I had the very same problem must of looked threw it one hundred times ffs.

I tried playing through that again last year but felt serious burn halfway through. I admit, took my a while to post that because of that single line, trying to decide which I found better. Village is the new and shiny so that wins for now but will have a think about it. The fact you can fly through it and enjoy pretty much every section says a lot for it.

To be honest I felt kinda the same about 4. The first time I played it on the Gamecube absolutely loved it. Replayed all the series and found 4 drag a bit to the point I didn't end up finishing it cause already knew what happened anyway.

I wouldn't be arsed repeating 5 or 6 but im considering playing 7 again soon as I played most of it in VR the first time around and had motion sickness half the time haha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm replaying Resident Evil 6 with a friend at the moment.

My advice: Don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

It's the only one I haven't played. I am almost intrigued to just at least say I've played them all

recyclops wrote: »
    It's the only one I haven't played. I am almost intrigued to just at least say I've played them all

You see that would be grand if it was a normal 6 to 8 hour resi game. Go in. Have a laugh at how pathetic it is and how inept. And get out with your sanity in check.

But it's a 30 hours game!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You see that would be grand if it was a normal 6 to 8 hour resi game. Go in. Have a laugh at how pathetic it is and how inept. And get out with your sanity in check.

But it's a 30 hours game!

Plus I wouldn't even call it a Resident Evil main series game it's a fps spin off at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Plus I wouldn't even call it a Resident Evil main series game it's a fps spin off at best.
    I'd like to think that too but the reality is that mainline numbered Biohazard games are now first person perspective (at best) and a cover shooter (with no cover) at worst when it's in 3rd person. The REmakes are closer to being spinoffs, at least in terms of where CAPCOM seems to want to take the series (and the remakes couldn't even survive one title without decaying into more action).

8 looks very similar to The Evil Within 2 to me which can be played in 1st person.

Ya I had the very same problem must of looked threw it one hundred times ffs.

Apparently there is money hidden under the bed and you have to crouch. Bollox because i crouched around the whole house last time i was in there. Ah, nothing important anyway.

Loved the note in the last area from
    Spencer to Miranda, huge smile on my face reading that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

recyclops wrote: »

If it intrigues you then go ahead and give it a go, but trust me, after 30 mins of RE6 you will wish you spent that time watching a sex tape of your grandparents instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Playing the game with headphones really enhances the experience.

Lady Dimitrescu down. Going to miss her :(

The boss fight was fun and cinematic but not a batch on the better fights of the series. Still, it's one of the only good attempts at a boss fight in first person I can think of outside of Metroid Prime games (which are more like First Person zelda).

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lady Dimitrescu down. Going to miss her :(

The boss fight was fun and cinematic but not a batch on the better fights of the series. Still, it's one of the only good attempts at a boss fight in first person I can think of outside of Metroid Prime games (which are more like First Person zelda).

Doom 2016 has a couple of good ones, I also really liked the final fight with Jack Baker in RE7. It was really something in VR.

Actually yeah, Doom had some great ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

So far the game hasn't been scary and a bit tedious at times... then I got to the second location "the baby" is all I'll say and playing that in the dark at 2am was freaky as f**k.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    So far the game hasn't been scary and a bit tedious at times... then I got to the second location "the baby" is all I'll say and playing that in the dark at 2am was freaky as f**k.

I have seen a lot of people say that and I suppose its all about the expectation, the RE4 influences in this game come early and they are laid on pretty thick, so I was expecting tense action instead of horror and that its mostly what the game delivers, which I was fine with. The factory area is the closest RE has come to RE4's amazing encounter design.

I did really enjoy how it basically took a break from all of that to indulge in an hour of pure horror though, it takes a confident game to break it's own pacing like that to deliver something completely different.

RE2 remake runs it close but IMO this is Capcom's best game since RE4*

*I don't like Monster Hunter games, Dragon's Dogma was merely good, DMC3 is great but I prefer the first

Markitron wrote: »
    I have seen a lot of people say that and I suppose its all about the expectation, the RE4 influences in this game come early and they are laid on pretty thick, so I was expecting tense action instead of horror and that its mostly what the game delivers, which I was fine with. The factory area is the closest RE has come to RE4's amazing encounter design.

I did really enjoy how it basically took a break from all of that to indulge in an hour of pure horror though, it takes a confident game to break it's own pacing like that to deliver something completely different.

RE2 remake runs it close but IMO this is Capcom's best game since RE4*

*I don't like Monster Hunter games, Dragon's Dogma was merely good, DMC3 is great but I prefer the first

I've never really played RE until 7 and then the two remakes. I couldn't stand the awful controls and the lack of moving while aiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I've never really played RE until 7 and then the two remakes. I couldn't stand the awful controls and the lack of moving while aiming.

Personally i liked the controls of the earlier games as i think the not been able to move while aiming helps the scary factor as you feel more vulnerable.

It's just how Capcom design their games. You have to commit to an action.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I know it’s probably explained by some nonsense later on, but I’m still laughing at how
    Ethan has his hand chopped right off, pours some healing juice on it, and then just reattaches it and carries on
    . You’ve got to admire Capcom for putting something that absurd in there (even by the absurd standards of this very silly series) and barely referencing or dwelling on the fact at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I know it’s probably explained by some nonsense later on, but I’m still laughing at how
    Ethan has his hand chopped right off, pours some healing juice on it, and then just reattaches it and carries on
    . You’ve got to admire Capcom for putting something that absurd in there (even by the absurd standards of this very silly series) and barely referencing or dwelling on the fact at all!

Just played that bit yesterday... Yeah, actually laughed out loud at the ridiculousness of that, even more so than the similar thing in 7...

What do Capcom have against Ethans hands though? They go through some serious torture in these games!!! Three separate times so far in this game alone...

I had to ask a friend about that. Apparently it's a plot point from resident evil 7. Going in blind though I was like what the actual ****?

I mean the last time I saw **** like that was in the anime 3x3 eyes.

Finished the game early on really enjoyed it throughout!

Gonna start a new game + try to unlock some more items.

Actually can't wait for the DLC now as im dying to see if any of the big details near the end and at the end get addressed or will we have to wait till 9.

Enjoyed the second part of the game. Was a total homage to clock tower and even though it was no where near as good as clock tower it was great seeing them call back to that horror classic and change the gameplay up a lot.

Greyfox wrote: »
    Personally i liked the controls of the earlier games as i think the not been able to move while aiming helps the scary factor as you feel more vulnerable.

It's not scary to me. It's tedious and annoying.

You get used to them eventually and when you do you appreciate why they are the way they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yes, it all falls into place later.
    And there's no surprise if you played 7 indeed.

Excellent game imho, I enjoyed both halves equally for all they were.
    Although the castle was the most spectacular one.

The end credits song is incredible. Spoilers in the comments in case you haven't cleared it yet.

• Advertisement

That magic liquid would be super handy for covid and cancer, it can work wonders. Jack cut my leg off in 7 and I just put it back on with the first aid bottle and now the hand... jumping the shark lads.

Advertisement