Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil VIIIage

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Another one, Zero, I haven't played. I'm tempted but can't bring myself to ever try. Think I'll leave it float away in the wind. Never played the Revelation games either.

Zero is a great game, they tried a few new things that sometimes worked and sometimes didn't.

It still looks amazing and you can get the HD pc version for less than €4 for steam.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/832-buy-game-steam-resident-evil-0-hd-remaster/

Though Billy Coen is a wholly forgettable character.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Finished it just now. Very enjoyable overall. It did get a bit resident evil silly near the end but even that was fun.

Few issues with controls and the inventory is pretty poor but not enough to take away from the overall enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

I think the reason I loved 3 so much was how it had such a variance in the areas i always thought 2 was going to be all over the city but its mainly the police station.

2 remake was brilliant but its all about REmake for me, i even enjoyed the directors cut of the first as its just a classic and i would say that as being 80% nostalgia driven now.

Code veronica is fine but the least impactful of the earlier games and 0 I have a dislike for as I didnt like the co op and drop mechanic as stupid as boxes were they served a great purpose.

4 had the same impact as the original and then they milked that formula far too much so much that i didnt bother with 6

7 another reinvention and a welcome one, overall its a great series and 8 is a great addition too it, will eventually just persevere with 6 to complete the set

• Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think 6 will be ok as long as you just play the Leon section and then pretend the game ended after that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think 6 will be ok as long as you just play the Leon section and then pretend the game ended after that.

I'm playing through 6 with a friend at the moment. Struggling through Leon's section.

It's all scutter. Leon's section is just less guinnessy scutter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I couldn't believe than an action-orientated game like 6 had some of the worst ammo shortages in the whole series.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I couldn't believe than an action-orientated game like 6 had some of the worst ammo shortages in the whole series.

That part in Chris's campaign fighting the giant monster was the worst for it. It was literally the worst thing I played that generation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That part in Chris's campaign fighting the giant monster was the worst for it. It was literally the worst thing I played that generation.

I think Chris' campaign alone had less ammo than RE7 which is designed that way.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Finished it just now. Very enjoyable overall. It did get a bit resident evil silly near the end but even that was fun.

Few issues with controls and the inventory is pretty poor but not enough to take away from the overall enjoyment.

Interesting, I actually thought they did the controls and inventory very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

1huge1 wrote: »
    Was it revealed who is was, I thought the point was to keep us guessing, possibly Ethan coming back somehow?

I've been playing Resi since I was a kid, played all the main ones bar 6 (which I have no intention of playing).

My recommendation would be to give RE2 remake a go next, not first person like RE7/8 but the mechanics are similar to what you've played so far.

If you really get into it, then move onto REmake. Completely different from what you've experienced so far but it is a masterpiece.

Apparently if you use photo mode and zoom in at a certain angle it's 100% the character model of that person you mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,745 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

With the talk of RE3 this might if use. PS4 version for just under €16 if you have prime. It says €18.50 but the UK vat comes off on check out to drop it to around €15.82.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082LJ9QSL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_3SR4TF891J53Q72RE7YA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I still have not made it out of Castle Dimitrescu and probably will not until they patch in a FOV slider, this is the first Resi game to give me motion sickness due to the FOV being locked at 81 making it far to narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Xenji wrote: »
    I still have not made it out of Castle Dimitrescu and probably will not until they patch in a FOV slider, this is the first Resi game to give me motion sickness due to the FOV being locked at 81 making it far to narrow.

I had 2 dizzy spells after long sessions on this game and couldn't figure out why... guess that's it.

Big Resi sale starting on playstation today. RE 1 REmake for a fiver is an absolute must.

Resident Evil  €4.99 
    Resident Evil 0  €4.99 
    Resident Evil 2  €15.99 
    Resident Evil 3  €19.79 
    resident evil 4  €7.99 
    Resident Evil 5  €7.99 
    Resident Evil 6  €7.99 
    Resident Evil 7 biohazard  €9.99 
    Resident Evil Revelations  €7.99 
    Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Deluxe Edition  €8.99 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Big Resi sale starting on playstation today. RE 1 REmake for a fiver is an absolute must.

Resident Evil  €4.99 
    Resident Evil 0  €4.99 
    Resident Evil 2  €15.99 
    Resident Evil 3  €19.79 
    resident evil 4  €7.99 
    Resident Evil 5  €7.99 
    Resident Evil 6  €7.99 
    Resident Evil 7 biohazard  €9.99 
    Resident Evil Revelations  €7.99 
    Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Deluxe Edition  €8.99 

Have them all except the ****e ones :pac:

petes wrote: »
    Have them all except the ****e ones :pac:

Assume the Revelation games are average at best?

Only played the first one but I liked it. Played Raid mode a lot until the difficulty increased to just silly levels.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

They are both worth playing if you are a fan of the series.

Biohazard for a tenner is a must buy

I had xbox vouchers so bit the bullet and picked up 6 ( well bundled with 4/5 ) it cost me 1.49 so I will accept this, fairly sure its the 5th time I have bought 4

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    I had xbox vouchers so bit the bullet and picked up 6 ( well bundled with 4/5 ) it cost me 1.49 so I will accept this, fairly sure its the 5th time I have bought 4

It’s bad enough you gave them money for it, don’t actually play it. You would have a better time opening the ark of the covenant or watching the videotape from the ring.

I am excited to play it tbh, I will probably enjoy it as my expectations are so low

I am excited to play it tbh, I will probably enjoy it as my expectations are so low

‘Excited’, ‘enjoy’.

In a sentence about Resident Evil 6.

Absolutely disgusting.

Some people enjoy getting their balls stamped on by stillettos.

I'd take that over Resi 6.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Some people enjoy getting their balls stamped on by stillettos.

I'd take that over Resi 6.

I’d go to a Coldplay concert with my hands nailed to my knees so I wouldn’t be able to cover my ears before playing RE6 ever again

Markitron wrote: »
    I’d go to a Coldplay concert with my hands nailed to my knees so I wouldn’t be able to cover my ears before playing RE6 ever again

What a vivid picture :pac:

Markitron wrote: »

Rip your hands off your knees and use a medkit. Be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just finished the main story tonight, that was... Interesting!

Some of the challenges are going to be very tricky, I'd say, but managed to do 30 of them on my first playthrough, without knowing about them!

Advertisement